EJ Manuel. Our next star quarterback

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy can't play NFL Football. Get over it already!!!!

This^

Worse, by the time the Bills find a NFL capable quarterback the defense the Bills have will be gone.

Nice that he can throw to stationary targets. Be better if he could hit a WR on a simple slant. He's inaccurate, indecisive and won't run during real games but lights it up at sports science. Great.

...and this^

He's a 5 star recruit with all of the tools you look for to be a successful QB at any level. He never was able to put it all together at FSU and not so far in Buffalo. With that said, he got thrown under the bus this season. EJ basically took all of the blame for an offense that didn't block, get open, make catches or produce points.

Any young QB deserves at least 20 starts before any judgement is made. RG3, who people here are talking about, has gotten 33. EJ is the best prospect the Bills can hope for, but they need to let him develop and live with the ups and downs that comes with. If they don't let that happen, its unfair to him and the franchise.

The Bills need to bring in a veteran presence to challenge him but hope he wins the battle in preseason. Watching the Panthers play last Sunday...the Bills offense could look just like that with EJ. A big O-line that gets a push, run the ball with 2-3 good RBs and some vertical threats at WR and TE. EJ can run similar to Cam Newton. Combine an offense like that with this defense and the Bills could be a contender each year.

I wouldn't use that video to showcase him. So many wide open receivers and so much time to throw.

I'm No expert, but it looked as tho there were a good bit of throws that the receiver had to slow down rather than being hit in stride. Just my armchair perception...

QB's who have accuracy problems coming into the NFL typically leave the NFL with accuracy issues.

And I'm not talking about completion percentage, which is a statistic that doesn't measure accuracy.

What is strange is that Hackett's scheme, which as far as I can see is a WCO, requires a very accurate QB. Why they drafted a QB with accuracy issues to fit this offense makes little sense to me.

EJ excels when he can throw to a point target and has avoided making throws to players close to coverage. You're not going to have many of the throws he likes, which is why he checked down so often to backs and tight ends.

When Marrone talked yesterday about turnovers, he talked about reducing them. Well, that's good, but I think the way he'd like to reduce them is to play conservative football. And they have most likely coached EJ in this way, which makes me question their coaching ability on offense.

A QB has to make the sum greater than the parts. And EJ cannot do that right now or probably by the opening of the 2015 season.

EJ doesn't have it. You can not teach accuracy nor can you teach peripheral vision. Accuracy has plagued EJ thru college, and and he just can not see and dissect the entire field

Whaley is determined to bring in QB's and that's the only thing to be excited about IMO

QB's who have accuracy problems coming into the NFL typically leave the NFL with accuracy issues.

And I'm not talking about completion percentage, which is a statistic that doesn't measure accuracy.

What is strange is that Hackett's scheme, which as far as I can see is a WCO, requires a very accurate QB. Why they drafted a QB with accuracy issues to fit this offense makes little sense to me.

EJ excels when he can throw to a point target and has avoided making throws to players close to coverage. You're not going to have many of the throws he likes, which is why he checked down so often to backs and tight ends.

When Marrone talked yesterday about turnovers, he talked about reducing them. Well, that's good, but I think the way he'd like to reduce them is to play conservative football. And they have most likely coached EJ in this way, which makes me question their coaching ability on offense.

A QB has to make the sum greater than the parts. And EJ cannot do that right now or probably by the opening of the 2015 season.

Interestingly, pro football reference says that the bills run an air coryell offense. But that system also requires accurate qbs (aikman, warner).

What has this argument ever had to do with anything?

How many great NFL QBs came from Wisconsin or Nevada before Wilson and Kap?

Wilson could be considered NC State as well and Kap is not "great".

I have to say, Whaley's comments at the presser yesterday were bizarre, especially regarding EJ. I don't think he handled himself well, at all.

Is that kind of like where Philbin wouldn't endorse Tannehill this year and it pushed Tannehill to take his game to another level?

Nice that he can throw to stationary targets. Be better if he could hit a WR on a simple slant. He's inaccurate, indecisive and won't run during real games but lights it up at sports science. Great.

Well let's dress him in sports science attire and hire john brinkus as qb coach.

Watch out Aaron Rogers. We are coming.

I tend to agree.

I don't know where this "ALL rookie QBs are capable of being starters day 1 in the NFL, despite 30 years of history to the contrary...because...that's the way the game is now" came from. This is crap.

For literally years we've known that a rookie QBs place is on the bench, precisely so he can learn/develop. We also know that it takes ~3 years for most WRs to truly learn their craft.

Now, suddenly all that wisdom, based on real world outcomes for decades, goes out the window?

Worse, ALL of the players that have been citied to support this nonsense? Their play has refuted the entire notion. Even Andrew Luck has been struggling, and if Indy was in our division, and we in theirs? We would own that division.

Really...ALL players cited refute this "nonsense"? And then you cite Luck as an example?

Luck took a 2-14 team to three consecutive playoff aappearances, has been elected to 3 Pro Bowls (that's 1 for each year if you're counting) and broke the rookie record for passing yards and then broke Manning's franchise record this year.

You couldn't have picked a worse example to support your fatally flawed analysis.

Manual throws a football the exact same way my wife throws darts.

An neither are very good at their craft.

Interestingly, pro football reference says that the bills run an air coryell offense. But that system also requires accurate qbs (aikman, warner).

Which is the problem.

Why run an offense that requires accurate passing when you do not have an accurate passer????

That's like running the wishbone when you have Bledsoe at Qb, no RB talent, and pure studs at WR. It makes no sense!!!!!

build an offense for the guys you have!!!!!!!!!!

Grahhhh!!!

EJ's gonna suck next year too... Especially if hackett is still in as OC... We are 100% BONED as long as Nate hackett has anything to do with our offense.

Yes... Hackett Bad... Morrone's boy, but he sucks, and hope he makes the right business move.

Manual throws a football the exact same way my wife throws darts.

An neither are very good at their craft.

That's like running the wishbone when you have Bledsoe at Qb, no RB talent, and pure studs at WR. It makes no sense!!!!!

Grahhhh!!!

Making sense has no place in this forum. Its all spouting opinionfact.

Jeesh! Get with the program.