YoloinOhio

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pegula's might value a star coach.

It's almost impossible to imagine this as a Bills fan-- like beer being on sale to a Canadian--it's never happened before.

I wouldnt mind Cowher..He took a great defense and a horrible Qb (Neil Odonell) to a Super Bowl and many playoff appearances....Football hasnt changed much from then...Play great defense and run the football....I think Seattle did that last year...

LaFontaine just had a meal with Terry who asked him about who he thought could be the next GM of the Sabres. During the talk, Terry changed his tune and said what about you? LaFontaine said he wasnt right for that job but could do certain things. Terry made up a job for him and paid him a nice chunk and hired him.

Not saying that would happen IF this meal did exist, but you never know what will happen when a multi-billionaire gets you into a meal. If it's to run an organization, maybe Cowher likes that idea. He was the one to recommend Whaley and Chan.

Buffalo Rumblings@BuffRumblings 7m7 minutes ago

Did Pegula and Cowher meet for dinner? @SalMairoana says that's one of the #Bills rumors he heard. http://sbnation.com/e/7224026

No word on whether it was at Tempo

I'm pretty sure this happened before the Dolphins game and Cowber said it on air.

He was also jerking off every Bills player in the pregane show.

"How many dicks per minute could strike off.?"

I don't want him, Marrone should be the coach next year. Bring in a new OC to help install a new offense and upgrade the talent on the team via free agency and draft. The team improved from year 1 to 2 under Marrone. He has at least warranted one more year to see how he follows up on this success.

LaFontaine just had a meal with Terry who asked him about who he thought could be the next GM of the Sabres. During the talk, Terry changed his tune and said what about you? LaFontaine said he wasnt right for that job but could do certain things. Terry made up a job for him and paid him a nice chunk and hired him.

Not saying that would happen IF this meal did exist, but you never know what will happen when a multi-billionaire gets you into a meal. If it's to run an organization, maybe Cowher likes that idea. He was the one to recommend Whaley and Chan.

I was just going to post something kind of like this. Cowher is a Pittsburgh guy and Pegula is a wealthy jock sniffer type. I would almost be surprised if Pegula has not had dinner with Cowher and others, even if just to chit chat and hear good stories about Cowher's success with the Steelers.

Also, as one PA guy to another, he may very well bend Cowher's ear off the record asking what he thinks the most important thing for Pegula is to do, going forward. Or something like that.

It may have nothing to do whatsoever with Cowher joining the Bills organization at all...but that doesn't mean it is not productive or that it doesn't help Pegula get his thoughts together regarding the Bills organization.

For those who know the LaFontaine/Sabres dinner story, it is actually remarkable how much a chance encounter shaped the future of the organization for years to come.

It was that dinner which led to Patty interviewing and hiring Murray as GM; Patty did us all a huge favor with that one. He picked a winner.

Who knows what Cowher might tell Pegula, if they did have dinner. I suspect Pegula would put huge faith in anything Cowher has to say about football, for a variety of reasons.

How does Chip Kelly keep winning with Sanchez? Is Sanchez that much better than Orton?

They are 5-4 with Sanchez so I'm not sure how great that shows how Kelly is doing with Sanchez. I do think he is slightly better and I also think the Bills are the better team.

So yes I think the Bills coaching staff could go 5-4 with Sanchez and they wouldn't need Chip Kelly to do it.

I wouldnt mind Cowher..He took a great defense and a horrible Qb (Neil Odonell) to a Super Bowl and many playoff appearances....Football hasnt changed much from then...Play great defense and run the football....I think Seattle did that last year...

and this year. !

The "rumor" is that he met Cower for dinner. Not that he offered him a coaching job, etc. Perhaps he wants Cower's input into how to turn a team around, or a perspective on what to do about the offense.

That's actually how Pat LaFontaine was hired...Pegula and Pat just having dinner and next thing you know...