We lost today

Webster Guy

Dropped further down the draft board, and watched our arch rival get valuable NFL experience for their bench QB while ours sat on the sideline the entire game.

Our Oline did a pretty good job today in protection, it wouldn't have been like we were throwing EJ to the wolves.

Did Orton need more playing time so we can evaluate him, or did EJ?

Moves like this are so painfully shortsighted its laughable.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropped further down the draft board, and watched our arch rival get valuable NFL experience for their bench QB while ours sat on the sideline the entire game.

Our Oline did a pretty good job today in protection, it wouldn't have been like we were throwing EJ to the wolves.

Marrone said that playing Orton gave them the best chance to win. And they won. so.....I don't get your point.... The Bills obviously wanted to win this game and they did. Mission accomplished.

Oh yay another bash Marrone thread.

:lol:

Threads like this have proven to me that it is actually impossible to overestimate the willingness and ability of some Bills fans to find something to complain about.

Well done, sir. Well done.

I hope you use your prize money as a down payment on a lifetime supply of anti-depressants.

There are a lot of clowns on this board who should just find another team. How do they get up in the morning.

To the OP - you do realize EJ hasn't been packed up in mothballs since the plane ride home from Houston, right? He's been at practice the whole time. They don't need to see him in the last game of the year. They see him every day. Maybe next year. FTR I haven't given up on him yet and I don't think Orton is the future but they wanted to win the game and rolling him out there just to satisfy the curiosity of fans on if he " learned anything" on the bench makes no sense to me. He also has been without first team reps for 3 months. He'd be throwing the ball into the concession stands.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Look Mike Schopp, it's bad enough you're on the air and people have to listen to you b*tch and moan about the Bills, but enough is enough already! The Bills won today, regardless if it was against backups or not, so enjoy it!

Painfully shortsighted huh? Give it a break. We played to win against Brady sans Gronkowski for nearly 2 and a half quarters and beat them.

What was painfully laughable is the repeated stat that we haven't won in New England since 2000. Glad to have that off of our backs. I think that win is far more important for morale than picking 50th or 45th. Not to mention our first winning season since 2004.

The reason they didn't put EJ in was because there was a chance he did poorly, and they want to tote him out there as our franchise QB next year to sell season tickets. They want people's imagination that he will be good to market the Bills for them. That's the only valid reason I can think of for not playing him anyway.