The Bills top 2 picks are 50 and 81

YoloinOhio

Should be a 4th. It was the entire reason Brown was inactive for so long was to keep him under the performance benchmark.

I hope that was the reason. I saw flashes of what could be a very nice RB. Gotta protect the ball better though.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now that we know what the trade ended up being here is how it worked out:

9,19, and 115

1350, 875, and 64 points respectively total 2289 points on the value chart

receiving #4

1800 points on the value chart

difference of 489 points or about the 41st overall pick. So Watkins basically cost the Bills a second round pick of extra points according to the value chart. Not too shabby! :beer:

Nice analysis. At the end of the day we got the guy we craved and overpaid a tad to get him. Sort of like with Mario. The ballbusters like Sullivan who claim the trade was an outrage for the Bills simply are making noise.

So now that we know what the trade ended up being here is how it worked out:

9,19, and 115

1350, 875, and 64 points respectively total 2289 points on the value chart

receiving #4

1800 points on the value chart

difference of 489 points or about the 41st overall pick. So Watkins basically cost the Bills a second round pick of extra points according to the value chart. Not too shabby! :beer:

Good post, but in that equation aren't future-year picks supposed to be discounted because as a GM you won't be there forever? Picks available now are therefore more valuable than future ones.

The Bills need to target guard and tight end with those top two picks. Both are areas of need where you can find impact players in that range (ESP at pick 50). Likely that the Bills can resign Hughes and still go after another big free agent. But that still leaves you with other holes on the roster. You gotta hit with that pick at 50 to get the roster close to contention.

i am convinced our front office will do some wheeling and dealing to get higher than 50, maybe not first round(don't really see any glaring 1st round must haves, but i bet we get an additional 2nd rounder along with 50, plus don't we get a 4th rounder for SJ13? I think we will have a very solid draft in 2015

i am convinced our front office will do some wheeling and dealing to get higher than 50, maybe not first round(don't really see any glaring 1st round must haves, but i bet we get an additional 2nd rounder along with 50, plus don't we get a 4th rounder for SJ13? I think we will have a very solid draft in 2015

Didn't the Bills give that up for Watkins as well?

Should be a 4th. It was the entire reason Brown was inactive for so long was to keep him under the performance benchmark.

it will definitely be a 4th if we give it up this year. It can't be a 3rd this year. It could be a 3rd or 4th if it gets pushed to next year.

Didn't the Bills give that up for Watkins as well?

No, we gave up our 4th for Watkins. We got a 4th or 3rd from SF for SJ. We gave up that pick for Brown - but the result of when we give it up is based on qualifiers for both of those players. Could be next year. And if so, we have SF's 3rd or 4th this yr (prob 4th)

I can't stand this line of reasoning, because NOBODY had Beckham rated that highly in this draft. Repeat it to yourself, over and over and over. NOBODY. The game of 20-20 hindsight doesn't work here.

The Bills were going to select Ebron if they kept the pick.

By the way, what sort of numbers do you think Sammy would have had with a 2-time SB winning QB tossing him the rock this season? He also played hurt most of the year and still nearly put up 1K in yards.

Someone posted a link in another thread to a good article that stated the bills were between Beckem and ebron with the 9th pick, had they stayed.

So yes, someone did have Beckem rated that highly.

You may want to consider what the value of Beckham was at the time of the trade, not 8 months later when he far exceeded everyone's expectations for him. Some people are just unreal.

Isn't that ENTIRE POINT of scouting players and having a good GM ????

You want a guy who can predict which players will be the best and get the best value. Duh!

Pick #50 - Clive Walford TE Miami.

not a bad choice. I don't watch a ton of college ball. How does he compare w/ the FSU TE that everyone seems high on?

The Bills need to target guard and tight end with those top two picks. Both are areas of need where you can find impact players in that range (ESP at pick 50). Likely that the Bills can resign Hughes and still go after another big free agent. But that still leaves you with other holes on the roster. You gotta hit with that pick at 50 to get the roster close to contention.

bringing back Hughes, and getting a very solid TE or OG at 50 and 81 could fill some massive holes on this team. Finding 2-3 QB's in FA could solve that problem.

#50 Landon Turner OG.

#81. Todd Gurley RB. take a chance on him, worth the risk.

#113. Conor Hanratty OG.

I am thinking Gurley at #50 if we are really lucky and he slips that far. It is possible due to the injury and the recent devaluation of RB's, but no way he goes to round 3. He is a top 15-20 talent if completely healthy in my opinion.