Name 3 players that will not return next year

HOUSE

I have posted this thread for 5 straight years and nobody has ever gotten this right.

I will guess at 600 or more wrong answers....

Name 3 players on Buffalo's current 2014 53 man roster that will NOT return in 2015

Name only 3. This does not include practice or IR players

Hint, People named one player like Pears over and over and it eliminated almost everyone.

The obvious players can kill you........

=

cj,ej, sj ... oh wait ...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, I would like him back as I think his leadership in the locker room was a big part of the 9 win season -- Im also not as wired into OBD as some posters here are, and I absolutely expect the Bills to make an offer. But it's a simple matter of money and snaps. He was on the field for less than 50% of the snaps this year, and that number will only go down next year making him essentially a backup -- and he's better than that, and worth more than what the Bills will pay for a backup LB, even if he really likes the area (which I'm sure he does).

He's young and has two contracts left in him -- maybe three -- but this year will be his most valuable. Taking less money (significantly less -- unless the Bills are going to let Hughes walk and not sign any OGs or a QB) at this stage in his career to play on a defense where he's a part time player (devaluing himself even more for his next contract) is just bad business from spike's point of view.

Why do you think Kiko's return has an effect on Spikes? Kiko will not play MLB on run downs. If he returns to form he will be the nickel MLB and that was Brown most of the year. Kiko will be in a rotation with Brown and Bradham all year long. Bradham has a better chance of unseating Spikes at MLB than Kiko does.

Lee Smith is staying, Marrone loves him end of story

They may add two TE's in the off season, certainly at least one via the draft. Between Hairston, Henderson, and Kouandjio they have three players competing for the RT/RG spots before others are added to the roster. One can play the third TE. Whaley will make sure Lee Smith is gone. What purpose does a blocking TE serve on the worst rushing offense in decades? Lee Smith represents everything that is wrong with Marrone and his decisions for the offense.

There is a zero percent chance spikes stays. He wants to play three downs and won't in buffalo.

Really? Two organizations have said he is a run down only LB. I'm sure he sees the light. He has a good thing going in Buffalo. He can play a long time not being exposed in coverage. He signed in Buffalo because nobody else wanted him. What did he do here that he didn't do in New England? Nothing. I would not care much if he left but I would try hard to bring him back. One less hole to deal with in the off season.

Why do you think Kiko's return has an effect on Spikes? Kiko will not play MLB on run downs. If he returns to form he will be the nickel MLB and that was Brown most of the year. Kiko will be in a rotation with Brown and Bradham all year long. Bradham has a better chance of unseating Spikes at MLB than Kiko does.

Kilos return will definitely have an impact on Spikes as it will move Brown back to the middle where he was expected to play when they drafted him.

The starting LBs next year will be Kiko/Brown/Bradham. I'd like to see Spikes back but I doubt it happens as I'm sure he'll want more playing time than he's likely to get here.

Spiller - he's got talent but doesn't know how to utilize it...will be good for some other team that can get him moving north and stop his E/W running style

Rivers - Kiko comes back next season and I'd like to see Spikes re-signed over Rivers

Goodwin - always hurt and not really needed

Edited by Tsaikotic