Is it interesting that Terry & Kim Pegula have been silent?

BuffaloBill

To the OP; disconcerting, actually..

I hope you're assessment is correct, eball, but I don't think so. Pegs doesn't impress me as knowing a damn thing about pro sports and his 'do-nothing' approach upon purchasing the Sabres is his only track record in this regard. Hell, the guy can't form a coherent sentence with two hands!

My hope comes from his insinuation that the 'Lttle Woman' takes the reigns. I get the impression SHE won't tolerate mediocrity.

BTW, Happy Holidays, eball!

Consider how quiet TP was during the sale. He doesn't tip his hand prematurely. He does get input from knowledgeable people, when he retained that Greenburg fellow to help him with buying the Bills. I would not be surprised if he had consultants evaluating the team from the get go. He's just not going to blab about it.

Really, were you hoping for Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they follow through and hire a consultant (and not Polian) he loves Marrone.I think if it were me i would keep Whaley move Russ Brandon to sales & marketing only and hire a real innovative head coach.The only reason why this team will finish 8-8 is because the team has more talent on the roster then years past.Look at our front seven today and what we carted on the field during Dick Jauron years, no contest talent wise.This coach had more to work with then our last three head coaches and results are almost the same 8-8 or 7-9 still no playoffs.

Owners hire good people to care for their teams. It is not a process that happens over night. Give it two years and the bubble will break if progress isn't made. If the Bill's are not 10 and 6 next year, we will see a major change. Thats good management. Yep, I know I said two years. This year counts.

Consider how quiet TP was during the sale. He doesn't tip his hand prematurely. He does get input from knowledgeable people, when he retained that Greenburg fellow to help him with buying the Bills. I would not be surprised if he had consultants evaluating the team from the get go. He's just not going to blab about it.

Spot on, Promo. I honestly can't believe how naive our fan base can be about certain things. The Pegulas acquired the team halfway through a league year and over a quarter through a league season so I'm not sure what people expected him to say over and above the things that he did. Nothing could be gained by coming in and rocking the boat by saying something just for the sake of saying something.

I get the impression Pegula walks softly and carries a big stick. It speaks well of him that he's quiet about it.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Spot on, Promo. I honestly can't believe how naive our fan base can be about certain things. The Pegulas acquired the team halfway through a league year and over a quarter through a league season so I'm not sure what people expected him to say over and above the things that he did. Nothing could be gained by coming in and rocking the boat by saying something just for the sake of saying something.

I get the impression Pegula walks softly and carries a big stick. It speaks well of him that he's quiet about it.

GO BILLS!!!

The calm before the storm. This will be the most interesting offseason in many years, if not ever.

The calm before the storm. This will be the most interesting offseason in many years, if not ever.

I agree. People like to compare what he did with the Sabres, but that was a completely different dynamic where he took over a fringe playoff team, watched them make a great run to get there, and then became convinced by his hockey people that they just needed a couple pieces to get over the hump (Regehr, Ehrhoff, etc.). Once he was convinced otherwise, he wasted little time in tearing it down and building from scratch which, as much as it hurt, was the right thing to do. I don't think he'll have any such illusions about how close we are and I doubt there's any loyalty factor involved, either. I mean he was actually a "fan" of Lindy Ruff when he played for crissakes. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he cleaned house entirely.

GO BILLS!!!

I hope they follow through and hire a consultant (and not Polian) he loves Marrone.I think if it were me i would keep Whaley move Russ Brandon to sales & marketing only and hire a real innovative head coach.The only reason why this team will finish 8-8 is because the team has more talent on the roster then years past.Look at our front seven today and what we carted on the field during Dick Jauron years, no contest talent wise.This coach had more to work with then our last three head coaches and results are almost the same 8-8 or 7-9 still no playoffs.

What's a real innovative head coach? Chip Kelly?......Football is still a basic game...have to run, tackle, block and need a great QB!!

To the OP; disconcerting, actually..

I hope you're assessment is correct, eball, but I don't think so. Pegs doesn't impress me as knowing a damn thing about pro sports and his 'do-nothing' approach upon purchasing the Sabres is his only track record in this regard. Hell, the guy can't form a coherent sentence with two hands!

My hope comes from his insinuation that the 'Lttle Woman' takes the reigns. I get the impression SHE won't tolerate mediocrity.

BTW, Happy Holidays, eball!

Can I ask you a question? How many owners fire a GM and head coach coming off of back to back playoff appearances and a division title?

Do people know how uninformed they sound when they talk about him doing nothing with the Sabres? It took Pegula 1 year and 17 games after making the playoffs to fire a Sabre icon Lindy Ruff. After that the GM and his hand picked coach went faster.

He didn't wait.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I honestly don't know what to expect from the new owners this off season. They took ownership, and announced they would be hiring an NFL consultant. Then after they saw the team was winning they announced they might not do anything at all.

I don't want to see another year of the GM & HC reporting to the finance / marketing guy. I don't want to see another year of an atrocious, almost league worst offense two years in a row, and the first year it was all runs. This year it was all passes, and forcing the QB to try and carry the team. Even Andrew Luck fell on his face in Dallas trying to do that, and its a formula to lose games. I don't want to see another year of having the worst O line in the league, and its going to be three years now of failure to replace a decent LG the team didn't want to pay.

I can only hope the new owners saw what we all saw in 13 runs for 13 yards against the 24th worst run defense in the league. 49 passes against the #7 pass defense in the league.

How can any coach on offense be retained when they coach like they did at Oakland. Doug Marrone is out on the field in practice every day working with the players, on what exactly I don't know.

@fear the losing

They never announced anything regarding a consultant. It was speculated/scooped by some media and it is known the nfl urges new owners to bring on a consultant. When directly asked about it, pegula dodged, only saying the team was doing well and he cant/won't do anything mid stream to upset that.

I honestly don't know what to expect from the new owners this off season. They took ownership, and announced they would be hiring an NFL consultant. Then after they saw the team was winning they announced they might not do anything at all.

I don't want to see another year of the GM & HC reporting to the finance / marketing guy. I don't want to see another year of an atrocious, almost league worst offense two years in a row, and the first year it was all runs. This year it was all passes, and forcing the QB to try and carry the team. Even Andrew Luck fell on his face in Dallas trying to do that, and its a formula to lose games. I don't want to see another year of having the worst O line in the league, and its going to be three years now of failure to replace a decent LG the team didn't want to pay.

I can only hope the new owners saw what we all saw in 13 runs for 13 yards against the 24th worst run defense in the league. 49 passes against the #7 pass defense in the league.

How can any coach on offense be retained when they coach like they did at Oakland. Doug Marrone is out on the field in practice every day working with the players, on what exactly I don't know.

There have been no announcements.

This. Plus I'd imagine a purchase that big and complex takes some settling into. There are so many moving parts on both the football side and the business side that you can't just rush in there and start changing things around until you have your bearings.

What are these moving parts that you speak of? You mean in the weight room? Nautilus machines and free weights?

Yes absolutely as their records as owners are fine examples to follow.

Good grief is it that unusual to think a new owner might have something to say when his newly purchased team gets themselves eliminated from the playoff hunt by being manhandled by a two win team?