The Defense sucked Today

Casey D

The defense had 26 points hung up by Oakland today. 3 and 22 in a 19-17 game with 5 to play and they give up a 40 yard pass and then a TD. Our elite unit let us down today. Our offense stinks, but 24 should have been more than enough to win. The D came up small when it mattered most. Disappointing.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the 3rd and 22 specifically was on Schwartz to me... He should have learned from the NE game to not not rush 3 and sit back on 3rd and 15 or more. Make them throw underneath and then make the tackle!

Rough for the D today losing MD and SG but should have still been able to overcome it and didn't :(

Losing Darius killed us, we couldn't stop the run then when Stephon went out we were really screwed. Carr had 6 completions at stephs departure.

Excuses excuses. 2-12 team. Oops 3-12 team.

I agree for the most part, however, Dareus or not, the 3rd and 22 conversion should never ever ever happen. Bills win if not for that play, IMO.

Yep.

the 3rd and 22 specifically was on Schwartz to me... He should have learned from the NE game to not not rush 3 and sit back on 3rd and 15 or more. Make them throw underneath and then make the tackle!

Rough for the D today losing MD and SG but should have still been able to overcome it and didn't :(

My thoughts exactly. This was NE 2.0, I couldn't believe Schwartz did that again. Rush five, force the quick throw, make the tackle and get off the field. These coaches all fancy themselves as geniuses.

Two big injuries. Still should have held down the rookie QB and no names out there on the last ranked offense. Any given Sunday. Hope they enjoyed their praise last week. Time to earn it back next week. Playoffs or not, it would be a huge win.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Two big injuries. Still should have held down the rookie QB and no names out there on the last ranked offense. Any given Sunday. Hope they enjoyed their praise last week.

Agree, if D is elite, your run D doesn't fall to pieces from losing 1 lineman. Next man up, and scheme accordingly. On the 3rd and 20 I screamed "don't rush 3!!!" just before Carr let it fly - totally stupid

Let's not forget McKelvin is missing too.

Kiko, Leodis, Marcell, Stephon... that's a lot of talent to be injured at the same time.

Somehow Orton's stats don't look terrible but he was terrible to watch. The offensive line was even worse. The D didn't play it's best game today but I walked away blaming the offense.

After the way they've played all season (with the exception of maybe the Pats* and Fish rematch) I cannot hang a loss as a whole on their shoulders. They didn't play as well as expected but neither has the offense against any opponent (aside from Jets Week #8 & #12), it was time they finally repaid the favor and won our franchise a game - especially one of value albeit against a lowly Raiders team.

Defense didn't play great but they didn't play horrible either considering we had two key starters go down with injuries for significant proportions of the game.

Offensive production is the problem in EVERY game.

Let's not forget McKelvin is missing too.

Kiko, Leodis, Marcell, Stephon... that's a lot of talent to be injured at the same time.

Somehow Orton's stats don't look terrible but he was terrible to watch. The offensive line was even worse. The D didn't play it's best game today but I walked away blaming the offense.

i looked at his stats. Freddy had more targets than any WR. Like 19 or something. And he threw 49 times! We ran for 13 yards total!