Kyle Orton is a Horrible Quarterback

Coach Tuesday

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good amount. Almost all the Denver version because I like them, they were the later games, and I was on Tebow watch (although not a fan). A decent amount of Chicago games or parts of them. I always had Sunday Ticket and I am a huge NFL fan for 50 years. I watch a lot. More Denver version than Chicago version though.

Ok just seemed strange. I follow other players and QBs like Rodgers and Manning but Orton seemed so far out if left field

These are the opinions of most on the board that were singing the praises of Orton. Hysterical....

It wasn't the opinions singing the praises of signing Orton - after all, it was Orton as opposed to what; it was the opinions that "Orton may be our QB of the future" that are now hysterical. I recall a lengthy thread in which that point was argued vigorously ....

It wasn't the opinions singing the praises of signing Orton - after all, it was Orton as opposed to what; it was the opinions that "Orton may be our QB of the future" that are now hysterical. I recall a lengthy thread in which that point was argued vigorously ....

To be fair, he looked solid the first few games.

To be fair, he looked solid the first few games.

Agreed. And he gave us pretty much what we could have expected of him. A few really good games, a few "game manager/play not to lose" type games, and a few, well, games like today. I said they could make the playoffs with him (not because of him), and absolutely they could have, but not with making the kind of mistakes around him that this team made.

6 straight 3 and out? **** I can do that. Hell, I might even be able to complete a 5 yard pass that might go for a first down

oh yeah, the raiders are the 28th ranked defense. Way to go Kyle

Edited by Pete

The Jets lost two games to the Patriots* by a COMBINED 3 points. 2 points the 1st time and 1 today. The Raiders nearly beat New England*

It's the NFL. Pardon me if I don't treat beating Green Bay as winning the Super Bowl.

Nice win? Sure. But good teams beat other good teams a bunch of times, which is how they get 11 or 12 wins.

I don't disagree with a word you wrote here....but if you have a broken leg and a badly slashed hand, wouldn't you want to set the leg in a cast and stitch up your hand. Both?

Why choose between chocolate and vanilla if I can have a scoop of each?!

My point: we need a QB, a head coach, AND an offensive coordinator.

These positions need not be mutually exclusive.

And oh! We need a much better offensive line too.

but if I can only get one, I'll take the QB; he's by far the most important guy on the team, or coaching staff.

C'mon man, this GM, HC, OC have had two years to get things right.

The O line has been bad since the FO let the decent starting LG, and his backup walk away in 2012. Fix the O line, and many good things follow. Just look at the Dallas Cowboys and their first round pick of a stud OG.

Instead this GM chose to give up 2 #1's & a 4th i draft picks for a WR when the team still didn't have the franchise QB. The Bills lame OC was just as lame last season, and was retained. The HC can't be bothered to help the OC because he is to busy helping his good bud the ST coach. The offensive coaching staff actually regressed this season, the line regressed, the run game regressed. But hey, lets throw all the blame on the QB as usual.

Everything could have, and should have been fixed the first year of this regime, and instead the Bills are facing the exact same issues they faced in 2012. Need a better QB, need a better O line, need better offensive coaching.

Might as well as leave Orton in CA. Time to find out what we have with EJ. If EJ lights it up against NE, we will all be thinking he should have played sooner.

I've been thinking that for at least a month already. Wasted time with Kyle.

These are the opinions of most on the board that were singing the praises of Orton. Hysterical....

Wrong, team free ej since the bogus non flag to woods vs Houston.

Houston absolutely dismantled flacco yesterday fwiw.

This

Wrong, team free ej since the bogus non flag to woods vs Houston.

Houston absolutely dismantled flacco yesterday fwiw.

This

I know EJ got killed by Houston. Hit too many times. And we were legit in the game. He played bad vs san diego but if Marrone is a fair man. He will bench Orton because he played bad for 5 straight. HOW LONG OF A LEASH DOES THIS CLOWN GET!!!!!

Orton has never been this bad. Before he was average. Mediocre. He would throw a few great passes and a few head scratchers. A few untimely interceptions. But it evened out. He wasn't good, he was average. That's why he has the passer rating he does. That's why he has a .500 record. That's why teams didn't think of him as a franchise quarterback but a back up. His flaws were equal to his strengths.

But he was never this bad. He's been horrendous for five straight games. He's no longer Orton he's way worse than Orton. And that I blame on the coaches as much as him. He's unbelievably bad. He used to just be unbelievably inconsistent.

I know it's your opinion that the coaches have made him this bad but this is statistically speaking his 2nd best season ever. I'm just not sure how that is possible if he wasn't just being the same way he has always been.

Agree 100%. I don't think there is a QB that we can pick up in FA that is going to help this team. I know it isn't Cutler. Might as well let our 1st round pick play. As bad as the Raiders are, the FO had the guts to let the kid play this year.

Edited by DirtDart

I really don't see it that way. He's missing passes to wide open guys when he has plenty of time. His problem isn't finding guys to pass to. There are all kinds of plays a game when teams can defend you. His problem is missing wide open guys all game long. He's never done that before. I didn't even mind his INT to Woodson or missing Sammy on a bomb when he was open. Those happen and he's trying to make a play. I mind when he is so scared and hesitant that he can't complete a three yard pass. There was a play in the first half when he missed a three yard pass to watkins by about four yards. That's not defenses figuring him out.

I'm just not sure how you could view it this way - you acknowledge he is playing horribly and missing wide-open receivers, yet you conclude that it must substantially result from the coaching since his play is so far below his norm. I concede the coaching is terrible. Yet so is Orton and it shouldn't even be debatable. He is missing wide-open receivers because, as others have pointed out, he throws entirely with his arm - he cannot use his lower body to drive the ball. He may be in better cardio shape than he was earlier in the season, but he is not in game shape - his mechanics are terrible and it's clearly because of a lack of lower-body functional strength. And he also seems quick to give up on plays, which suggests to me that he is suffering from an "inner chest" ailment... yes he used to be more consistently average. No, that doesn't mean that a good coaching staff would've kept him at his normal level of mediocrity. Players regress, especially after they've half retired. The coaches are bad. Orton is terrible.

Edited by Coach Tuesday