The Possibly Intriguing QB Trade Market

The Bills cannot go into next season with EJ and Orton as the front runners. EJ is an unknown who at this point can not get it done. Orton has proven he cannot get it done.

I am all for bringing in any of these guys to see if they can push this team over the edge.

SO we should just go with Orton or EJ?

Yep. I'd have stuck with Fitzpatrick on the roster to this point. Sure, he'd have cost us some money, but it'd not be much different then Orton/Kolb/Leinert/Palmer/Lewis/Tuel/Young/etc.

We set ourselves back just ditching Fitzpatrick after we set ourselves back even further extending him like we did. History was against us.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were that easy everyone would be doing it.

Agreed but we are in much better shape from a talent standpoint than we were from 2 years ago.

And when you look back at Cuse offenses under Marrone, they aren't very impressive.

Yep. I'd have stuck with Fitzpatrick on the roster to this point. Sure, he'd have cost us some money, but it'd not be much different then Orton/Kolb/Leinert/Palmer/Lewis/Tuel/Young/etc.

We set ourselves back just ditching Fitzpatrick after we set ourselves back even further extending him like we did. History was against us.

Fitz didn't want to be here. In a perfect world, we keep Fitz and develop EJ behind him. Fitz is limited but he's not a kitty cat like Orton. I miss him. :(

The Bills cannot go into next season with EJ and Orton as the front runners. EJ is an unknown who at this point can not get it done. Orton has proven he cannot get it done.

I am all for bringing in any of these guys to see if they can push this team over the edge.

SO we should just go with Orton or EJ?

Right now, developing EJM is the only option with any upside, however unlikely it might be. Just keep EJM and Orton, and draft another QB.

And please don't tell me using the 2nd round pick on a Guard is the right choice. There are ways to get good lineman (if a real attempt is made), a QB pretty much has to be drafted.

It's gonna take years...

Edited by HoF Watkins

Agreed but we are in much better shape from a talent standpoint than we were from 2 years ago.

And when you look back at Cuse offenses under Marrone, they aren't very impressive.

Fitz didn't want to be here. In a perfect world, we keep Fitz and develop EJ behind him. Fitz is limited but he's not a kitty cat like Orton. I miss him. :(

No, Fitz did not want to restructure his contract. Can you blame him? Even going to bumfugg he'd rake in serious dough.

They forced their own hand with Fitz.

Honestly, I don't seen anybody on that list that is so much better than what we already have. Cutler is the only one I think is clearly better than Orton and/or Manuel, if he is in the right situation. And his cost his way too high.

The other guys? Sure, some of them are intriguing, but not at what they would cost.

Kaepernick is FAR better than the Bills' QBs. He's had two very good seasons in the league; http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm .

He is a good player.

Edited by dave mcbride

There isn't one guy on that list, that I think has any better of a chance of leading the Bills to a championship than EJ Manuel. In other words, they all suck, and none will ever win a Super Bowl.

Wow. Just when I think it can't get any worse when it comes to Bills fans evaluation of QB's....

No, Fitz did not want to restructure his contract. Can you blame him? Even going to bumfugg he'd rake in serious dough.

They forced their own hand with Fitz.

true enough.

Once again Bills fugged themselves and we will have to wait years.

Unless EJ is truly the Madonna.

it could happen..

Why do people talk of Jay Cutler like he's something special? Watch him play, he's just marginally better than Fitz was/is.

Thanks, but no thanks on Cutler. 3 years after he would sign here, we would be on here debating the same things that this thread is about right now.

And what should be a major indictment on the current coaching staff and management, is is unfathomable to think that they wouldn't even consider signing or drafting another quarterback in the off season.

It was plain to anyone that knows this game that drives us all crazy on here that NONE of the three QB's on the roster were remotely good enough to advance this team.

Then in an act of desparation, they sign Orton. There were a few good quarterbacks in the draft this year (Jimmy Garappalo) for example that could have been had in the 2-5th rounds, yet again we elect to "go with what we got," like that has worked at all for us over the last decade or longer!

You could get Cutler with a 6th round pick but then you take on the contract too. He is a cancer but he is way better than anything we have here. He and this defense make the playoffs no doubt.

I want nothing to do with Jay Cutler. Living in Chicago and watching almost every game he's played here, he is exactly who I thought he was when they traded to get him in the first place. Cutler has talent but is a coach killer because he doesn't seem to be coachable. I hear all the time how he has potential to be good, but at some point potential isn't there anymore and you just are what you are, and in Cutler's case that's a third tier QB.

That being said, the contract is structured in an odd way, so you're really only trading for 2 years at like $17m per year. After that he can be cut with little cap ramifications.