Just because we're paranoid - Another suspicious call

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sorry that was clearly a pick by Watkins. The ball was in the air going towards Hogan not Watkins, so no way pass interference. Talib broke towards Hogan, Sammy "accidentally" ran in front of his path to Hogan while the ball was in the air.

That's a pick.

watch it again, Talib realizes he is badly positioned to cover Hogan and he stumbles upon Watkins. He got into Sammy's route

watch it again, Talib realizes he is badly positioned to cover Hogan and he stumbles upon Watkins. He got into Sammy's route

I've watches it four times.. It's a pick. The ball is in the air, Sammy impedes Talibs ability to get to Hogan while the ball is in the air. That is the definition of a pick. He ran his rout purposely toward Talib but the timing was wrong. If the ball hadnt been thrown yet it's defensive pass interference or illegal contact. But the ball is in the air.

The refs have been terrible this year across the board. Did anyone see them screw the Pats last night with that pick six that was called back because of the Browner hit? Ridiculous. The refs suck, not just against the Bills but overall. Good teams and good players get good calls. That's just the way it is. We can sit here and "wish" for consistantcy or fairness but this is real life and neither of those things hold true in real life situations like a football game. Fist bumps, no calls, bad timing calls etc are part of the game and it happens to all teams, it seems to happen to the Bills more because the Bills have been bad for so long. It's the way it goes. Maybe we'll get some calls against the Raiders.

With all the concussion problems the NFL is facing, I believe the refs are taking steps to protect the receivers a la quarterbacks. If they see a reciever's head snap sideways or backwards while trying to make a catch it's going to get called even if contact is made with the shoulder around high chest level. Even if it's technically a legal hit it will still be unsportsmanlike because the defender is trying to hit a defenseless receiver as hard as he can. It may be changing the game but I do think it needs to be done. Let the DB hit the reciever at the tucked level of the ball or use his hands to get it loose if he wants to cause an incompletion or turnover.

When I was a kid in the 70's and 80's I don't think the CB's were as adept at using their hands to knock the ball away from a receiver as today. Seems like much more of a coached skill these days. I know when I played in high school DB's were coached to to tee off on the receiver and very little emphasis on using hands to force an incompletion.

I'm sorry that was clearly a pick by Watkins. The ball was in the air going towards Hogan not Watkins, so no way pass interference. Talib broke towards Hogan, Sammy "accidentally" ran in front of his path to Hogan while the ball was in the air.

That's a pick.

It was not blatant by any means and i honestly do not believe it was a pick. I think Sammy was trying to get to the next guy and block him after the catch. The over head replay they showed once made it look like incidental contact,

I've watches it four times.. It's a pick. The ball is in the air, Sammy impedes Talibs ability to get to Hogan while the ball is in the air. That is the definition of a pick. He ran his rout purposely toward Talib but the timing was wrong. If the ball hadnt been thrown yet it's defensive pass interference or illegal contact. But the ball is in the air.

I see a player scrambling to get in position because he knew he was toasted, in the way to his position was Sammy who is running his route.

The refs have been terrible this year across the board. Did anyone see them screw the Pats last night with that pick six that was called back because of the Browner hit? Ridiculous. The refs suck, not just against the Bills but overall. Good teams and good players get good calls. That's just the way it is. We can sit here and "wish" for consistantcy or fairness but this is real life and neither of those things hold true in real life situations like a football game. Fist bumps, no calls, bad timing calls etc are part of the game and it happens to all teams, it seems to happen to the Bills more because the Bills have been bad for so long. It's the way it goes. Maybe we'll get some calls against the Raiders.

Precisely. It reminds me of the old addage about Dominican baseball players......."you don't walk off this island".....as in you gotta earn your way into the pros by hitting the pitches that are thrown to you and not expecting an umpire to help you by accomodating your strike zone.

It's the same with becoming a relevant NFL team. You gotta kick that door down on your way out of the basement and then climb over it with the unconscious bodies of the teams in front of you still trapped underneath it. It helps to jump up and down on it a bit while you are there so that the officiating(and the media etcs..) knows what to expect next time. Human nature is to expect certain results. If your OL has shown they can't block, officials are going to expect you to hold and be more cognizant of the possibliity. If you can't cover, officials are going to be on the lookout for you grabbing and interfering with receivers etc..

Getting calls in close games is unfortunately reserved for organizations that have proven themselves. When the Bills were REALLY good, they got the calls the Patriots are getting now. It's just that the Bills were only that good for 4 years and the Pats have been a legit SB favorite for well over a decade now.

One of the things that concerns me is this notion that Marrone is making the Bills ever-so-gradually better. If you are only making incremental progress you aren't making any progress at all in the NFL.

I see a player scrambling to get in position because he knew he was toasted, in the way to his position was Sammy who is running his route.

And that is a pick. Once the ball has been thrown towards a player, other players who the ball wasn't thrown at cant run their routes and impeded the progress of a defender. If said other player has caught the ball sure, they can block the player so long as it's not 5 yards or more downfield from where the ball was caught.

They don't call it everytime but the "paranoia" all the refs are against the Bills crowd doesn't realize they do in fact miss calls the other way.

And that is a pick. Once the ball has been thrown towards a player, other players who the ball wasn't thrown at cant run their routes and impeded the progress of a defender. If said other player has caught the ball sure, they can block the player so long as it's not 5 yards or more downfield from where the ball was caught.

They don't call it everytime but the "paranoia" all the refs are against the Bills crowd doesn't realize they do in fact miss calls the other way.

I respectfully disagree.

Chandler catches a TD and the Bronco jumps up and down claiming he's been interfered with and lo and behold a late flag is thrown. Granted Hogan scored after, but that flag seemed to only been thrown after the Bronco complained.

The refs were totally homers !

The 2nd CJ Anderson TD he wasn't across the line , & one of his runs out of bounds before the half a ref pats him on the ass when he's walking back on the field .

Then the Gilmore hit was a legal hit which caused a Hughes reaction that got a un sportsman like conduct call ????

The Bills would have had to play more above flawless to win that game when you have the refs on the oppositions side !!

But it was in fact offensive PI.

Did you see that back shoulder throw down the sideline that Welker caught on the way to the Broncos scoring their last TD? He pushed off too, yet it's not called. So yeah, while I agree that it was PI they've got to call it both ways. The lack of consistency is troubling.

Chandler catches a TD and the Bronco jumps up and down claiming he's been interfered with and lo and behold a late flag is thrown. Granted Hogan scored after, but that flag seemed to only been thrown after the Bronco complained.

Not that the Broncos needed calls because the Orton led Bills offense was so inept, but the Refs insured the game was the Broncos in the first half. The interfence call on the interception..., the interference call on the Ball knocked away near the end zone, the unsportsman like call when the receiver was in the upper ribs, shoulder as the ball hit his hands, the roughing the kicker non-call, the head butt against Chandler.

It was obvious the NFL wants the Broncos to lose to Seattle or Greenbayanother Superbowl to Seattle or Greenbay lead by Manning. The fix was in, get over it. The Bills still need a quarterback, but wow this defense is something else. Problem is the league is getting to be like the NBA.

The officiating was worse than when Shula was head of the referree committee. I haven't watch very many games this year and now I know why. You get a more balanced reffed game up at a Montreal hockey game... pathetic.

In the NFL the ref's call the game in a very situational manner. Which teams are playing, where is the game, who is the home team, who is the 'better' team, which players are involved, the score, the point in the game, etc. They lack consistency. And let's call it what it is, favoritism. Sometimes they know they made a 'bad call' and try to fix that as evidenced by the obligatory 'make up' call on the next play. Who hasn't seen that?

It's not just the Bills who are ending up on the short end of the stick here. But some teams are good enough to overcome these mistakes by the officials. However, the Bills are not. Going into Denver as the underdog against one of the league darlings this is the treatment I expected the Bills to get from the officials so its no surprise they got flagged so much.

It's up to ownership to address these problems and discuss them privately within the league.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Did you see that back shoulder throw down the sideline that Welker caught on the way to the Broncos scoring their last TD? He pushed off too, yet it's not called. So yeah, while I agree that it was PI they've got to call it both ways. The lack of consistency is troubling.

don't forget that Robey PI on welker. Put them right on the goal line for their first score. GARBAGE.

Wrong, the definition of a pick is interfering with a defensive player without attempting to run a route, Sammy was running a route.

Wrong, the definition of a pick is interfering with a defensive player without attempting to run a route, Sammy was running a route.

Oh yea? And how would you prove someone wasn't or was running a route?

So, you are wrong. In fact most pick plays occur when to receivers run crossing routes. Unless of course you believe they break the huddle and tell one receiver to run a route and the other one to just "run around" and hope you run into someone.