Start EJ

tuckan

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully expect Orton to keep starting as long as the Bills are still alive. After that who knows but I wouldn't hv a problem with EJ getting another start or two if and when Bills are eliminated

I really hope they don't sell us EJ and Orton in the off season as our QB's going forward.

I fully expect them to add another QB like RG3 or Cutler, someone like that

Edited by Max997

I really hope they don't sell us EJ and Orton in the off season as our QB's going forward.

that would be impossible to sell. The D has played so well, and the offense has shown flashes of solid play with the exception of the QB position. We should have a FA open-house and draft a QB.

Bench Orton. Start EJ. No further explanation required.

I beg to differ.

If, the Bills want to continue to at least try to win their last three games, start Orton.

If, they are looking to develop the likely starter for next season, that would likely be Orton.

If, they still have some hope that EJ will develop into something, setting him up for failure in at least two out of the three last games isn't going to do much for him.

Start EJ, why? I need some explanation.

It's a very real possibility. But, if I had to bet on who will be gone next season, I would bet they will cut EJ. They went "all in" (remember that phrase?) on EJ, and lost. But, then what happens? Who do we get in the draft? Who do we get in FA?

Thats why EJ has to go in for the last 3 games just to remind people. We can not go into next year with those 2 as our main QB's. We'll be sunk at the starting gate again.

I fully expect Orton to keep starting as long as the Bills are still alive. After that who knows but I wouldn't hv a problem with EJ getting another start or two if and when Bills are eliminated

I fully expect them to add another QB like RG3 or Cutler, someone like that

Uhh,The Bills are eliminated.....Have been for a while......like a chicken with its head cut off they keep moving but their fate is sealed. Put EJ in and start planning for next season. This one is over, in terms of playoffs. We just lost in the pre first round yesterday to a good team playing bad football and still having their way with us.

I beg to differ.

If, the Bills want to continue to at least try to win their last three games, start Orton.

If, they are looking to develop the likely starter for next season, that would likely be Orton.

If, they still have some hope that EJ will develop into something, setting him up for failure in at least two out of the three last games isn't going to do much for him.

Start EJ, why? I need some explanation.It's a very real possibility. But, if I had to bet on who will be gone next season, I would bet they will cut EJ. They went "all in" (remember that phrase?) on EJ, and lost. But, then what happens? Who do we get in the draft? Who do we get in FA?

Define failure. Lose games while looking like crap? Then they are setting up Orton also. It's called getting him real reps. It's called planning for the future. It's a chance to see who else on the team keeps playing for pride(keepers) and who packs it up early (Trade bait ).

I have to say I'd have put EJ in yesterday whilst that game was still live and no amount of Orton garbage time yardage changes my mind on that. I do not think we can make the play-offs from here but I think they probably have to start Orton against Green Bay because to not do so gives the message to the players that "we think we are out". But unless we beat Green Bay then EJ must start the last 2 games.

And I agree with Mr Law above. They cannot sell us Orton and EJ in the offseason. They have to do something to upgrade the position. If signing another experienced vet causes Orton to exercise his option and walk then so be it.

And none of that means I have given up on EJ..... just that I think he should have to win the job next training camp and win it off someone better than the bottom feeding vets like Kolb and Orton (i know he didn't even have to wn a camp battle against Orton but you take my point).

Edited by GunnerBill

Hard to argue that Orton should continue to start after the pu$$y slide. If I'm Fred Jackson, I'm saying C'mon Man! Unfortunately for us, Orton is here to stay for the forseeable future, unless EJ shows dramatic improvement. But after today, how can you make the argument that Orton gives you a better chance to win? Or EJ can "learn" from Orton? What's he gonna learn, how to be a pu$$y?

I agree it's time for a change a QB. I never felt that Orton was anything more than a stop gap solution. There is a reason he has been on five teams in 10 years. I do no want RGIII ( I mean RG ME!!!). Those of you who think Jay Cutler is the answer have not watched the Bears - maybe you should talk to people in Chicago. I am not opposed the trying EJ again. But that decision needs to be made today and all in for the final three games. Let him play with no restrictions. If there is an opening let him run. If he succeeds we all win- if not we are looking for a QB for next season. There is still a silver of hope to salvage the season and we all know Orton is not the long term answer and now not even the short term answer. We should make the change now while the player are still thinking they have a shot - if we wait until the final week - no one cares and their bags are already packed for the off season.

Not an EJ fan, but I am beginning to think we should put him in there. I am not 100% sure that EJ is not our future QB HOWEVER I am 100% sure that Orton is not

Third Down slide......ugh

lack of pocket awareness

short/inaccurate throws

Redzone issues

these were descriptions of EJ when we pulled him

We're effectively out of the playoff hunt, and Orton isn't exactly lighting it up. No reason to keep EJ on the bench, give him some play.

Now there's an understatement if I've ever seen one. Orton is playing bad football for the Bills and has been doing so since the KC game. Enough of this guy as the "best chance to win". He's over!

Orton to me showed his true colors yesterday. He is a me guy and nothing else. He doesn't go the extra mile for his teammates (hell he doesn't even go the regular mile). The ridiculous slide in the first quarter, and then turning his back to the field to avoid a hit and trying to make a play later in the game, I'm done with that. I'd rather see EJ trying to make something happen and failing.

To me, with 3 games left in the year you have nothing left to gain by leaving Orton in. You know exactly who and what he is. a 9 year journeyman vet who has proven why he's on his 5th team.

Put the kid in and lets see if he improved at all. There's nothing left to to lose by turning back to EJ.