$15 Minimum Wage Battle Moves To Other Industries

Tiberius

On 9/14/2019 at 9:57 AM, unbillievable said:

I've been begging for automation for years.

I hate ketchup on burgers and it's near impossible to get one without it.

The last time I  tried, I waited an extra 10 minutes for my "special order" and the idiots still put ketchup in it. That was 20 years ago.

I haven't ordered anything requiring instructionns since.

Kiosks will open a whole new world of food to me. ?

Help is on the way! Under the green new deal you’ll be able to get a non-plastic bucket of ketchup ...but no burger. Problem solved!

On 9/14/2019 at 12:57 PM, unbillievable said:

The last time I  tried, I waited an extra 10 minutes for my "special order" and the idiots still put ketchup in it. That was 20 years ago.

No ketchup on your burger?!  Maybe you should just return to the Fatherland where you get your ketchupless hamburger because the worker fears being hauled off go the gulag, eh komrade?  

On 9/14/2019 at 12:57 PM, unbillievable said:

If I were developing the software for a fast food robot, I guarantee I would program it so that a third of the time you told it "no ketchup," you'd get ketchup.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

If I were developing the software for a fast food robot, I guarantee I would program it so that a third of the time you told it "no ketchup," you'd get ketchup.

19246486-7532959-Extinction_Rebellion_pr.........."I said NO ketchup !!"

• Haha (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Yup, automation is coming. $15 minimum or not. Banking is only one area where it will cut the workforce. Some are estimating that 40% of all jobs will be cut

Don't worry @3rdnlng Useful idiots like you will still be needed to manipulate the political process 

Living inside your head is cheap but all I hear is a hollow sound. Be careful or I'll invent a machine to fold towels and put you out of work.

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

Completely unforeseeable ?

Well, they wanted to 'Fight for Fifteen', because people in no-skill minimum wage jobs (that aren't meant to be a career) deserve more. Them ***** got it.

Next, they'll be demanding that all companies be mandated to give them 40 hours per week.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Well, they wanted to 'Fight for Fifteen', because people in no-skill minimum wage jobs (that aren't meant to be a career) deserve more. Them ***** got it.

Next, they'll be demanding that all companies be mandated to give them 40 hours per week.

Or, they will just demand higher pay again to make up for the shortfall of what they thought they would get with the increase.

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Well, the "proudly progressive" waitress got what she voted for. Now she gets to keep busy doing nothing all day, while sucking from the public tit.

As if there are no real world experiments with centrally planned and directed economies.

Just watch, the next step for Seattle won't be to back away from the minimum wage plan, but to prohibit businesses from closing down.