The Legend of Johnny Football and the Incomplete Pass

Huh??

I wish we had a QB that stunk that bad!

well his first year wasn't anything to write home about and his second year he improved to meh but he is very good in this his third year and I'd say he has the perfect combination of pocket passing with running for first downs .

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This surprises anyone? Andrew Luck stinks pretty bad and all you ever hear about him is effusive praise bordering on worship.

Andrew Luck is on target to challenge the all-time NFL record for passing yards this year. He's the top rated QB in the league, has 34 TDs to 11 INTs and a great YPA. With no running game.

Your an idiot.

BTW, what exactly is wrong with an entertainment company wanting to promote one of the most entertaining entertainers to come around in years?

I was just having lunch with my peeps, and the first 15 minutes of NFL Live on ESPN was about the Johnny Football v. Hoyer issue.

Every highlight of Hoyer was an incomplete pass or an interception. Every single one.

Every highlight of Johnny Football was a completed pass v. Buffalo, or the touchdown v. Buffalo.

They did not show the play where Kyle Williams flattened Johnny Football, forced a fumble, which was recovered for a touchdown by the Buffalo Bills.

Why?

The marketing of Johnny Football would not allow such a play to be part of his first game. All the highlights are of his completed passes and the brilliant touchdown run. The sack, forced fumble and ensuing touchdown are not real. They did not exist because it was just another incomplete pass.

They changed that to an incomplete so as not to tarnish the Legend of Johnny Football. Cha-ching.

Did you guys know that The League was about to change the time of the Browns game this Sunday to 3 p.m. if Johnny Football was named starting QB? Since Hoyer is the guy, the game will take place at the normal time. Nobody gives a damn about the Browns unless Johnny Football is starting.

Ummmmm because BH has six picks and just one touchdown over his past four starts, not exactly highlight reel material. And ummm the Williams play was not a fumble.

?

What was he supposed to do?

Let's start with 'make an effort.'

Do you really believe that even if he jumped right up, he would have had a chance at getting the ball?

In that very moment, neither he nor you knew if he had a chance.

What I DO know is that by laying there doing absolutely nothing, he guaranteed he had no chance.

Nice leadership, that.

This surprises anyone? Andrew Luck stinks pretty bad and all you ever hear about him is effusive praise bordering on worship.

I wouldn't necessarily say Suck for Luck "stinks pretty bad" as you state, but I do feel he is over rated. His team has won 1 more game than the Bills despite getting to play Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Houston twice. WOW !!

I wouldn't necessarily say Suck for Luck "stinks pretty bad" as you state, but I do feel he is over rated. His team has won 1 more game than the Bills despite getting to play Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Houston twice. WOW !!

True, but he doesn't have the defense that we do. Put Luck on this team and we are 12-4, or so I think.

Ummmmm because BH has six picks and just one touchdown over his past four starts, not exactly highlight reel material. And ummm the Williams play was not a fumble.

Are you out of your mind? You thought that was an incomplete pass? You're kidding, right? Even Johnny Football himself said he thought it was a fumble. Even the Browns fan I talked to today knew it was a fumble. You are the only person I have encountered this past week, aside from the idiotic lying referee crew, that thinks that was an incomplete pass. Are you in the Holier than Thou club? That was one of the worst calls I've ever seen in my life. If we weren't winning the game by 13 at the time, I would have lost my mind.

WTF is your point? Some QB draft picks pan out and others don't? Shocking!

Gug said he had no accomplishments. I gave him some. He said that those are only college accomplishments. Are there any QB prospects with accomplishments outside of college? No. That's why it was stupid.

There's a reason the NFL is pushing for Johnny. Look here we have more topics on TSW about him than any QB on the Bills.

Let's start with 'make an effort.'

In that very moment, neither he nor you knew if he had a chance.

What I DO know is that by laying there doing absolutely nothing, he guaranteed he had no chance.

Nice leadership, that.

People here are just piling on....

I couldn't care less about Johnny Football, but I would never question his competitiveness. There was nothing he could have done at that point.

Orton would be that good if he played in a division with the Jags, Texans and Titans.

Once he got to the playoffs he coughed up the ball on every other play.

I was going to reply to these two comments, but then I saw who wrote them, so..........never mind. :nana:

So you said that Peyton etc were under qualified prior to their involvement in the NFL?

No. No, no. No. .... No.

I don't recall mentioning Peyton or anyone named etc.

My point, simply, is that just because one IS SUCCESSFUL at the college level, it does not mean that he WILL BE SUCCESSFUL in the NFL.

That said, just because someone doesn't light it up in college (Brady), it doesn't mean that said person won't be successful in the NFL.

The reason I made this point is because it matters not what Manziel did in college. Lots of Heisman winners have sucked. Lots of National Champion QBs have sucked.

Sometimes, they're only good in college because they're playing against college defenses.

Manziel can't even beat out Hoyer, for Christ's sake. He's been terrible EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. he has been on the field as a professional football player.

So the little white trash punk can go rub his fingers together and play doctor with Justin Bieber, because his NFL career is not going to last long.

In my opinion.

No. No, no. No. .... No.

I don't recall mentioning Peyton or anyone named etc.

My point, simply, is that just because one IS SUCCESSFUL at the college level, it does not mean that he WILL BE SUCCESSFUL in the NFL.

That said, just because someone doesn't light it up in college (Brady), it doesn't mean that said person won't be successful in the NFL.

The reason I made this point is because it matters not what Manziel did in college. Lots of Heisman winners have sucked. Lots of National Champion QBs have sucked.

Sometimes, they're only good in college because they're playing against college defenses.

Manziel can't even beat out Hoyer, for Christ's sake. He's been terrible EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. he has been on the field as a professional football player.

So the little white trash punk can go rub his fingers together and play doctor with Justin Bieber, because his NFL career is not going to last long.

In my opinion.

Brady was successful in college he was just drafted low

During his first full year as starter, he set Michigan records for most pass attempts and completions in a season (214).[20] Brady was All-Big Ten honorable mention both seasons and team captain his senior year. The Wolverines won 20 of 25 games when he started, and he set a school record for completions in a 31-16 loss against Ohio State in 1998, a season in which Michigan shared the Big Ten Conference title. Brady capped that season with a win over Arkansas in the Citrus Bowl.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Brady

Edited by JTSP

Brady was successful in college he was just drafted low

During his first full year as starter, he set Michigan records for most pass attempts and completions in a season (214).[20] Brady was All-Big Ten honorable mention both seasons and team captain his senior year. The Wolverines won 20 of 25 games when he started, and he set a school record for completions in a 31-16 loss against Ohio State in 1998, a season in which Michigan shared the Big Ten Conference title. Brady capped that season with a win over Arkansas in the Citrus Bowl.

http://en.m.wikipedi.../wiki/Tom_Brady

He was a starter for 2 years and threw 10 picks in the first. So one good year + one very good year = a 6th round pick.

Regardless, my point is crystal clear. Being great in college (which Brady most certainly was not) does not equate to being great in the NFL; and, in Brady's case, it works the other way, too.

Bottom line, and keeping on topic ... who gives a crap how good Manziel was in college? He sucks in the NFL.

My only comparison to Leaf and Tebow was that his career would be short lived due to not being a good QB.

I do think he's a lot like Tebow because they both want attention. The difference is that Tebow got attention by being a huge fake and Manziel gets it by being genuine - - unfortunately, he's a genuine dick.

He's like Leaf because he's over-the-top arrogant and not nearly good enough to back it up.

How was Tebow a fake? I don't think either Tebow or Manzel are fake. Both speak their mind pretty freely.

He was a starter for 2 years and threw 10 picks in the first. So one good year + one very good year = a 6th round pick.

Regardless, my point is crystal clear. Being great in college (which Brady most certainly was not) does not equate to being great in the NFL; and, in Brady's case, it works the other way, too.

Bottom line, and keeping on topic ... who gives a crap how good Manziel was in college? He sucks in the NFL.

he had a "successful" (your word before subsequently changing to "great") college career, period. If you just separate out picks as if that's all he's ever done then he's been a terrible Pro QB too. He was a 6th round pick because his combine #'s made him look too skinny and slow.

and how in the world can you conclude that JF "sucks in the NFL" from the very limited data set

Edited by JTSP