The Legend of Johnny Football and the Incomplete Pass

I don't hate Manziel but i think he's gonna be average to below in the NFL. Guys that rely on their legs just seem to get "figured out" by NFL coordinators and/or they get injured. The only tried and true method of being a consistently great NFL QB are the likes of Manning, Montana, Brady, Marino, Kelly, Rodgers, Elway, (possibly Luck) etc... If you can't drop back in the pocket and be effective at avoiding pressure and throwing accurately...you are just a gimmicky QB that will eventually drop off.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What controversy? Manziel lost the job in pre-season. Hoyer was having a bad day and got pulled, but didn't lose his job.

Surely you and I can agree that Hoyer is not very good. Might even suck.

Yet this was Pettine's opportunity to make Manziel the starter ... and he chose not to ... again.

So ... if Hoyer is bad and Manziel - after two opportunities - can't beat him out ... what does that tell you about Manziel's abilities?

It says he's a rookie, and they don't want to put the playoff push on his shoulders.

Edited by FireChan

It says he's a rookie, and they don't want to put the playoff push on his shoulders.

I'd buy that ... had Hoyer not been yanked while the game was still winnable. Because by putting Manziel in, Pettine absolutely put the playoff push on his shoulders.

And I'm not one of those people. I don't care about this idiot either, but what I hate...and have always hated...is a player who finds it necessary to brand themselves at all costs and all levels of embarrassment.

It's why I hate players who make a big play and then are stupid enough to run around while pointing to their name on the back of their jersey.

It's why I can't stand Donte "Hitner" and I especially can't stand Leodis McKelvin, who can actually suck donkey ass for 59 1/2 minutes, be losing by five scores, but finally deflect a pass with 20 seconds left on the clock and prance around the field with his arms crossed like he single-handedly just won the game. How about you count the number of games McKelvin won for the Bills and I'll count the games he lost for the Bills and see who has the higher number.

You've got time to run around the end zone rolling your fingers at the crowd, but you don't have time to even TRY to chase a ball you just fumbled in the endzone?>

This has always been the ultimate team sport, and people like Hitner, and McLovin and Manziel make a mockery of that.

Blah blah blah.

Yeah, there is plenty not to like about Johnny, but THAT play he had NO chance to get the ball. He reached back (while laid out flat on his back) saw the ball well out of his range. There was NOTHING he could have done. Just watch it again. Nothing he could do.

I don't dig Johnny, but he is definitely a VERY competitive guy, so questioning his effort there is just being a whiner.

I don't expect him to succeed in the NFL, but he has some great athletic talents. People nit-picking his every action is as annoying as the hype, it's just the flip-side of the same coin.

Edited by HoF Watkins

What made those successful NFL QBs qualified weren't college awards or stats, it was their game. We'll see if Johnny has a game that transitions to the pros. I seriously doubt it. He lacks lots of things that those QBs had - size, maturity, the ability to quickly read Ds and a drive that made football the most important thing in their lives.

Johnny puts lots of work in at the local bar and on his twitter account. And hey, he's not going to change for anybody!!

Does Peyton even know twitter exists? I'm sure he'll know it once he's retired but right now he's focused on one thing - football. Everybody in the NFL has talent, some have more than others but nobody has sustained success without a lot of hard work. If Johnny puts in that work he has a chance. If he doesn't he has none. Obviously I don't know the kid but from afar he doesn't strike me as a guy who will put in the work. Everything thus far in his life has been handed to him but he's about to know what it is to struggle. How will he respond?

Come on ... I am in no way comparing the work ethic of Peyton to Jonny Footbal, but Manning certainly has other activities that occupy his time outside of football. Papa John's, Buick, and Nationwide come to mind.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso