The Legend of Johnny Football and the Incomplete Pass

No. No, no. No. .... No.

I don't recall mentioning Peyton or anyone named etc.

My point, simply, is that just because one IS SUCCESSFUL at the college level, it does not mean that he WILL BE SUCCESSFUL in the NFL.

That said, just because someone doesn't light it up in college (Brady), it doesn't mean that said person won't be successful in the NFL.

The reason I made this point is because it matters not what Manziel did in college. Lots of Heisman winners have sucked. Lots of National Champion QBs have sucked.

Sometimes, they're only good in college because they're playing against college defenses.

Manziel can't even beat out Hoyer, for Christ's sake. He's been terrible EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. he has been on the field as a professional football player.

So the little white trash punk can go rub his fingers together and play doctor with Justin Bieber, because his NFL career is not going to last long.

In my opinion.

Yeah yeah, and my point is that there have been very successful college QB's succeed in the NFL. More than unsuccessful. So while saying his accomplishments won't definitively translate into the NFL is true, saying that he has no qualifications to be in the NFL is strictly false.

One day, some skinny small white QB will prove you wrong. I have faith.

Also, Manziel has an infinite TD to turnover ratio. Can you say hall of famer?!?

I get why his cockiness thing rubs some of you the wrong way. But he doesn't even act that cocky in real life situations. Does he put on show when he's on the field to pump up his team? Sure. Outside of that, he's humble in front of the cameras, and to the media. I mean, it's not like this kid has been saying, "I made it, I'm great, I'm the best option I should start."

His "cockiness" thing is so overblown. It's basically the money sign. No one talks about Cam's celebration that he had prior to the NFL, or Kaepernick's. Those guys were doing it before, during and after they had some success in the NFL. You just didn't see them in ESPN headlines all the time.

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was so hoping to see Johnny "The Mouth" Football get blown up by one of our defenders.

Glad to see Pettine parked his butt back on the bench. Think its comincal that a press conference was needed to announce the decision. Really no reason to make the change from Hoyer. Hoyer and Orton had similar days, however our RB's didnt fumble and our D played lights out.

if Luck played on the Bills we would be going deep into the playoffs. Nice vacuum assessment.

I noticed that Luck has a lot of accomplishments In imaginary worlds like the one you created. In the real world it is more like The Emperor's New Clothes.

Edited by 4merper4mer

So you said that Peyton etc were under qualified prior to their involvement in the NFL?

What made those successful NFL QBs qualified weren't college awards or stats, it was their game. We'll see if Johnny has a game that transitions to the pros. I seriously doubt it. He lacks lots of things that those QBs had - size, maturity, the ability to quickly read Ds and a drive that made football the most important thing in their lives.

Johnny puts lots of work in at the local bar and on his twitter account. And hey, he's not going to change for anybody!!

Does Peyton even know twitter exists? I'm sure he'll know it once he's retired but right now he's focused on one thing - football. Everybody in the NFL has talent, some have more than others but nobody has sustained success without a lot of hard work. If Johnny puts in that work he has a chance. If he doesn't he has none. Obviously I don't know the kid but from afar he doesn't strike me as a guy who will put in the work. Everything thus far in his life has been handed to him but he's about to know what it is to struggle. How will he respond?

This is worse then the Tim Tebow Hype

I must have seen that TD run 20 times in the last 3 days

Certainly the NFL realizes this was not the only story last Sunday

But the HYPE continues and its REALLY BORING

he had a "successful" (your word before subsequently changing to "great") college career, period. If you just separate out picks as if that's all he's ever done then he's been a terrible Pro QB too. He was a 6th round pick because his combine #'s made him look too skinny and slow.

and how in the world can you conclude that JF "sucks in the NFL" from the very limited data set

He was a 6th round pick because he was a 2 year backup in college.

Call it a hunch re: Manziel (not sure where JF comes from). Same hunch I had about Griffin when he was drafted. Manziel certainly hasn't done anything to make me think I'm wrong.

I get why his cockiness thing rubs some of you the wrong way. But he doesn't even act that cocky in real life situations. Does he put on show when he's on the field to pump up his team? Sure. Outside of that, he's humble in front of the cameras, and to the media. I mean, it's not like this kid has been saying, "I made it, I'm great, I'm the best option I should start."

His "cockiness" thing is so overblown. It's basically the money sign. No one talks about Cam's celebration that he had prior to the NFL, or Kaepernick's. Those guys were doing it before, during and after they had some success in the NFL. You just didn't see them in ESPN headlines all the time.

Manziel has been uber-cocky off the field since before he was drafted, up to current day. Don't be silly.

No one talks about Cam or Kaep's celebrations because they - unlike Manziel - walk the walk instead of just talking the talk.

What made those successful NFL QBs qualified weren't college awards or stats, it was their game. We'll see if Johnny has a game that transitions to the pros. I seriously doubt it. He lacks lots of things that those QBs had - size, maturity, the ability to quickly read Ds and a drive that made football the most important thing in their lives.

Johnny puts lots of work in at the local bar and on his twitter account. And hey, he's not going to change for anybody!!

Does Peyton even know twitter exists? I'm sure he'll know it once he's retired but right now he's focused on one thing - football. Everybody in the NFL has talent, some have more than others but nobody has sustained success without a lot of hard work. If Johnny puts in that work he has a chance. If he doesn't he has none. Obviously I don't know the kid but from afar he doesn't strike me as a guy who will put in the work. Everything thus far in his life has been handed to him but he's about to know what it is to struggle. How will he respond?

Aaron Rodgers has almost as many posts on his Twitter account as Johnny. And Aaron Rodgers started his in 2010, aka when he was in the NFL, not his first year of college ball.

Many partiers were much worse than Johnny and had success in the NFL. Hell, Kelly was probably cockier. I can understand not liking his game, but to say anything about his antics or attitude is weak.

It is kinda funny that arguably the best QB in NFL history is now the standard to judge some back-up QB on. "Would Peyton Manning ever put a dip in on the sideline? Cut Orton!"

Edited by FireChan

Aaron Rodgers has almost as many posts on his Twitter account as Johnny. And Aaron Rodgers started his in 2010, aka when he was in the NFL, not his first year of college ball.

Many partiers were much worse than Johnny and had success in the NFL. Hell, Kelly was probably cockier. I can understand not liking his game, but to say anything about his antics or attitude is weak.

It is kinda funny that arguably the best QB in NFL history is now the standard to judge some back-up QB on. "Would Peyton Manning ever put a dip in on the sideline? Cut Orton!"

Frankly, as long as he's not breaking laws or hurting anyone (other than himself or his boyfriend, Justin B.), then I don't give a crap what he does off the field. Being cocky when you've proven that you're a real player in the NFL is one thing. But this kid has sucked every time he's gotten a chance. He could be the nicest, most respectful and professional guy on earth ... and he's still suck on the field.

People here are just piling on....

And I'm not one of those people. I don't care about this idiot either, but what I hate...and have always hated...is a player who finds it necessary to brand themselves at all costs and all levels of embarrassment.

It's why I hate players who make a big play and then are stupid enough to run around while pointing to their name on the back of their jersey.

It's why I can't stand Donte "Hitner" and I especially can't stand Leodis McKelvin, who can actually suck donkey ass for 59 1/2 minutes, be losing by five scores, but finally deflect a pass with 20 seconds left on the clock and prance around the field with his arms crossed like he single-handedly just won the game. How about you count the number of games McKelvin won for the Bills and I'll count the games he lost for the Bills and see who has the higher number.

You've got time to run around the end zone rolling your fingers at the crowd, but you don't have time to even TRY to chase a ball you just fumbled in the endzone?>

This has always been the ultimate team sport, and people like Hitner, and McLovin and Manziel make a mockery of that.

that could have been called "hands to the face".

his left hand pushed his chest, his right hand pushed his facemask.

crazy game.

Don't be fooled by the camera angle. His hand never touched any part of his face or helmet.

GO BILLS!!!

I think it's way too early to tell whether Manziel will be a successful pro. He looks to me like he has the tools to be a taller version of Russell Wilson. Too bad for JF he doesn't get to play with Seattle's defense, or Marshawn Lynch.

I am not sure whether Hoyer or Manziel gives the Browns a better chance to win. Generally bright sparks like Manziel come in an have the wow factor for a while, but at the end of the season you look back at a mediocre W-L record. JF would probably be better long-term if Hoyer finishes out this year and starts next year as well as the starter. Most rookies need time to absorb the game, not flounder while things zip past them. If JF had started and the Bills knew that would happen and so could game plan for him, he might not have survived.

A fan just called in to the Mike Ditulio (sp?) show. The caller said..........(and I thought mildly interesting) that Johnny came over to some kids before the Bills game during warm-ups that were calling his name. The guy said he joked, laughed, signed autographs for the kids for about 5 minutes. Nice hearing this kind of thing.

Thank you Jaws! He was just on PTI taking an axe to the Johnny Flameout TD hype. He called out the fact that Kyle, Mario and Dareus were all resting on his TD drive and that he came back to earth when they were on the field. Told everyone to slow down with the worship.

Frankly, as long as he's not breaking laws or hurting anyone (other than himself or his boyfriend, Justin B.), then I don't give a crap what he does off the field. Being cocky when you've proven that you're a real player in the NFL is one thing. But this kid has sucked every time he's gotten a chance. He could be the nicest, most respectful and professional guy on earth ... and he's still suck on the field.

the only one being an obnoxious ass about the QB controversy is Hoyer. Whereas JF respects coaches decision, Hoyer is going public with statements like he was shocked he was pulled (yeah after sucking hard for 3+ straight games), acting like 7&5 is 11&1, and taking credit for the team's perceived success instead of complimenting team mates. If JF acted like that you and the other haters would be all over him, but when it's Hoyer all we hear is ....

http://youtu.be/K8E_zMLCRNg

Edited by JTSP

the only one being an obnoxious ass about the QB controversy is Hoyer. Whereas JF respects coaches decision, Hoyer is going public with statements like he was shocked he was pulled (yeah after sucking hard for 3+ straight games), acting like 7&5 is 11&1, and taking credit for the team's perceived success instead of complimenting team mates. If JF acted like that you and the other haters would be all over him, but when it's Hoyer all we hear is ....

What controversy? Manziel lost the job in pre-season. Hoyer was having a bad day and got pulled, but didn't lose his job.

Surely you and I can agree that Hoyer is not very good. Might even suck.

Yet this was Pettine's opportunity to make Manziel the starter ... and he chose not to ... again.

So ... if Hoyer is bad and Manziel - after two opportunities - can't beat him out ... what does that tell you about Manziel's abilities?