The Legend of Johnny Football and the Incomplete Pass

I was just having lunch with my peeps, and the first 15 minutes of NFL Live on ESPN was about the Johnny Football v. Hoyer issue.

Every highlight of Hoyer was an incomplete pass or an interception. Every single one.

Every highlight of Johnny Football was a completed pass v. Buffalo, or the touchdown v. Buffalo.

They did not show the play where Kyle Williams flattened Johnny Football, forced a fumble, which was recovered for a touchdown by the Buffalo Bills.

Why?

The marketing of Johnny Football would not allow such a play to be part of his first game. All the highlights are of his completed passes and the brilliant touchdown run. The sack, forced fumble and ensuing touchdown are not real. They did not exist because it was just another incomplete pass.

They changed that to an incomplete so as not to tarnish the Legend of Johnny Football. Cha-ching.

Did you guys know that The League was about to change the time of the Browns game this Sunday to 3 p.m. if Johnny Football was named starting QB? Since Hoyer is the guy, the game will take place at the normal time. Nobody gives a damn about the Browns unless Johnny Football is starting.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Every highlight of Johnny Football was a completed pass v. Buffalo, or the touchdown v. Buffalo.

This genuinely blew me away the days following the game. In spite of his one drive, how do you NOT show him getting blown up by Williams and consequently lying on the ground like Lily Munster getting ready to go to sleep. He made no effort whatsoever do anyting other than play possum and hope no one was looking at him.

Yet, all I saw/read anywhere was what a great game he had.

Ridiculous. I've watched five minutes of his play and I already can't wait to see him fail again.

I was just having lunch with my peeps, and the first 15 minutes of NFL Live on ESPN was about the Johnny Football v. Hoyer issue.

Every highlight of Hoyer was an incomplete pass or an interception. Every single one.

They did not show the play where Kyle Williams flattened Johnny Football, forced a fumble, which was recovered for a touchdown by the Buffalo Bills.

Why?

The marketing of Johnny Football would not allow such a play to be part of his first game. All the highlights are of his completed passes and the brilliant touchdown run. The sack, forced fumble and ensuing touchdown are not real. They did not exist because it was just another incomplete pass.

They changed that to an incomplete so as not to tarnish the Legend of Johnny Football. Cha-ching.

Did you guys know that The League was about to change the time of the Browns game this Sunday to 3 p.m. if Johnny Football was named starting QB? Since Hoyer is the guy, the game will take place at the normal time. Nobody gives a damn about the Browns unless Johnny Football is starting.

It's what I said when they reversed that fumble and made it an incomplete pass: Manziel is the league's next Brady. From a marketing perspective.

This genuinely blew me away the days following the game. In spite of his one drive, how do you NOT show him getting blown up by Williams and consequently lying on the ground like Lily Munster getting ready to go to sleep. He made no effort whatsoever do anyting other than play possum and hope no one was looking at him.

Yet, all I saw/read anywhere was what a great game he had.

Ridiculous. I've watched five minutes of his play and I already can't wait to see him fail again.

?

What was he supposed to do? Do you really believe that even if he jumped right up, he would have had a chance at getting the ball?

Soon enough, he'll be gone like Ryan Leaf and Tim Tebow were gone. There aren't enough QB jobs to hand them out to under-qualified punks like this guy.

I beg to differ. I think Johnny Football will be around for quite a bit longer than either of those two. First off, he is the anti-Tebow and isn't pushing religion in any way. Second, he has that "love the limelight" persona which is the exact opposite of Leaf. I do also think he has the natural talent to succeed, but the question will be whether he has the dedication to the game to get better.

Every time he does that "ching ching" crap with his fingers (or whatever it's called) I fantasize about watching a 340 DT crush him into the turf

The only possible way I would root for him is if he was able to lead the Browns to a win over New England*

Then he cna make the money sign all he wants

Edited by TheFunPolice

Every time he does that "ching ching" crap with his fingers (or whatever it's called) I fantasize about watching a 340 DT crush him into the turf

The only possible way I would root for him is if he was able to lead the Browns to a win over New England*

Then he cna make the money sign all he wants

It's for his Topszn clique, Drake and all the OVO crew do it. He also has an OVO tattoo on his wrist.

I beg to differ. I think Johnny Football will be around for quite a bit longer than either of those two. First off, he is the anti-Tebow and isn't pushing religion in any way. Second, he has that "love the limelight" persona which is the exact opposite of Leaf. I do also think he has the natural talent to succeed, but the question will be whether he has the dedication to the game to get better.

My only comparison to Leaf and Tebow was that his career would be short lived due to not being a good QB.

I do think he's a lot like Tebow because they both want attention. The difference is that Tebow got attention by being a huge fake and Manziel gets it by being genuine - - unfortunately, he's a genuine dick.

He's like Leaf because he's over-the-top arrogant and not nearly good enough to back it up.

Orton would be that good if he played in a division with the Jags, Texans and Titans.

Once he got to the playoffs he coughed up the ball on every other play.

Do you know anything about football? Luck would be the 1st player chosen to start a team by ALL 32 GM's.