How will you react to a blowout?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the D holds up reasonably well, and the Offense is its usual futile self, then it will be about what I expected. Move on toGreen Bay. If the O does ok, but the D is shredded, you'd have to question if this D is truly championship caliber. So a blow out would not necessarily be an indictment of the Defense , just more confirmation that Nate Hacketts offense is a remedial joke in the NFL.

If we are serious about becoming an actual contender (not just a team that eventually squeaks into the play-offs and gets immediately eliminated), this is a perfect test for the Bills. Popular opinion at this moment is that we probably aren't at Contender status yet, but that can change quickly.

There shouldn't be any excuses (famous last words), and there is DEFINITELY no reason to hold anything back on either side of the ball.

Bring it on!!

If our front 4 can get to Manning, it will be a close game. This is likely the sackiest D he's ever faced and he's among the most sackable QB's in the league. As long as the refs leave us alone for once, it should be closer than expected. If the D can force some turnovers, like they always do, we may even win.

He's been sacked 13 times this year, that's not a lot.

Not so sure about that...Denver's defense is ranked #3 in the NFL based on yards, 2 spots higher than ours, and that is pretty impressive considering how often teams are in catch up mode against them...

3 losses all on the road.

Seattle, St Louis and the Putrids *

the first 2 have good defenses the Putz stats say their D is good, but the Refs always help them out sooo.... fill in the blank

there is a slight chance. enough to give fans a glimmer of hope.

That line is huge... tempting! 7-5 team and a 9-3 team with a 10 pt spread? You both lost to NE, but you played them better. Manning is one of my favorite players but he can't throw deep anymore. They won't run on you. He will be on his back a lot. If you can run on them, you have a great chance.

That line is huge... tempting! 7-5 team and a 9-3 team with a 10 pt spread? You both lost to NE, but you played them better. Manning is one of my favorite players but he can't throw deep anymore. They won't run on you. He will be on his back a lot. If you can run on them, you have a great chance.

What makes you think we're going to sack Manning a lot, or hit him?

He's been sacked 13 times this year, that's not a lot.

Right. While Peyton may be immobile, he's actually among the LEAST sackable QBs in the league. He diagnoses the defense so quickly and gets the ball out in about 3 seconds. The guy rarely gets hit, let alone sacked. Our greatest strength on D will likely be negated by Mannings strength( which is clearly not his arm). So the D must give multiple looks, well timed delayed blitzes, and great coverage with sure tackling is paramount. That means taking good angles, I'm not sure if that's a strength of his defense. We will see. So much of Denver's O relies on YAC. The Bills need to have their best game on D, and a good day from the O to help them out. You have to limit Peyton's possessions ... That means a great percentage of third down conversions for the Bills Offense.

If our defense can beat Manning up a little, we can win this game. Hurry him, knock him around , get in his head, and victory is already ours.

You are not answering the question as posed

If the D holds up reasonably well, and the Offense is its usual futile self, then it will be about what I expected. Move on toGreen Bay. If the O does ok, but the D is shredded, you'd have to question if this D is truly championship caliber. So a blow out would not necessarily be an indictment of the Defense , just more confirmation that Nate Hacketts offense is a remedial joke in the NFL.

thank you for answering the question... this is thoughtful

If we are serious about becoming an actual contender (not just a team that eventually squeaks into the play-offs and gets immediately eliminated), this is a perfect test for the Bills. Popular opinion at this moment is that we probably aren't at Contender status yet, but that can change quickly.

There shouldn't be any excuses (famous last words), and there is DEFINITELY no reason to hold anything back on either side of the ball.

Bring it on!!

3 losses all on the road.

Seattle, St Louis and the Putrids *

the first 2 have good defenses the Putz stats say their D is good, but the Refs always help them out sooo.... fill in the blank

there is a slight chance. enough to give fans a glimmer of hope.

um, answer the question please

I honestly had a dream last night that we beat the Broncos and went on to beat the Packers. I haven't woken up so happy since I used to dream about Christmas morning as a child.

Two nights ago I also had a dream that Boobie Dixon was running all over the place...similar to AP.

To say the least...I am anxious for this Sunday. Something tells me Orton is capable of "turning it on" and I see it happening in Denver.

I'm glad the Bills NEVER enter my dreams.

You are not answering the question as posed

thank you for answering the question... this is thoughtful

um, answer the question please

Dude I kinda a gree with you. I'm even going to record the game. Read the score, after the game. If we do get blown away, I will delete that sucker quick.

My problem with your original post, is you are bashing the team. Go back and read it. I'm not going to attack your fanhood. I actually hate when posters question that. You could just be sick of losing.

Your original posts and other comments have been sour and tasteless. It would be much different if you simply said, "I think we are going to lose, what do you guys think?" Something like that would be more acceptable, I think.

Or who knows. Maybe some posters would bash you either way. But not me.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

What makes you think we're going to sack Manning a lot, or hit him?

I think 2 sacks would be a lot in the game. I predict less. But it is a possibility he gets pressured and hit while or just after he throws. If they can make him uncomfortable, he could turn the ball over. This is what we have seen. It's just not that easy to accomplish.

We need to play extremely well in the secondary. I doubt we see much, if any, blitzing. Welker seems to be MIA lately?

I think 2 sacks would be a lot in the game. I predict less. But it is a possibility he gets pressured and hit while or just after he throws. If they can make him uncomfortable, he could turn the ball over. This is what we have seen. It's just not that easy to accomplish.

We need to play extremely well in the secondary. I doubt we see much, if any, blitzing. Welker seems to be MIA lately?

Sounds to me like the concussions have caught up to him.

All three of Denver's losses came on the road to Seattle, at New England, and at St Louis 7-22.

Against the Rams they were down by 10 points in the first quarter, and the offense went into a typical panic mode in trying like crazy to pass to catch up. The Rams don't have a particularly good defense stat wise (16th), and were just able to shut down the Denver run game thus making them a one dimensional offense. The Rams only sacked Manning three times, and intercepted him twice.

The Rams won that game in St Louis with one TD, and 5 FG's. They made the Broncos punt five times, give up the ball on two interceptions, and made them give up the ball three times on downs. That sounds very doable for the Buffalo Bills to equal that performance, as the Bills currently field the #5 defense against the pass, 7th against the run, and #5 overall defense. The Rams also had 33 rushes for 131 yards, and played keep away from Manning to a degree.

That was the good news...

The bad news is ...since that game they have discovered that their 2nd year RB CJ Anderson is a beast, and showed that in their last game against KC. 32 rushes for 168 yards when going up against the #1 passing defense of the Chiefs. So, basically the Denver OC did exactly the opposite of Nate Hackett to win the game against the Chiefs.

Against the Chiefs Hackett came out throwing like he has done since the week three Chargers game, and had Orton throw 48 times vs 22 rushes. Thus forcing the entire game on the QB shoulders against a top pass defense.

Should Hackett attempt his same lame pass first approach to this game this might not be fun to watch. The Broncos are ranked #3 in total defense, # 10 against the pass, # 2 against the run. If the Bills abandon the run game in the beginning of the game as they have had a tendency to do since week three. Like I said, it might not be fun to watch. With a better offense this game might be winnable.

Buffalo drives against Cleveland who they beat 26-10. Punt-Punt-Interception-Punt-Punt- Missed FG-Interception-TD-Punt-FG-FG-FG-FG. So the Bills just might need a defensive score to win

Edited by FeartheLosing