How will you react to a blowout?

I honestly had a dream last night that we beat the Broncos and went on to beat the Packers. I haven't woken up so happy since I used to dream about Christmas morning as a child.

Two nights ago I also had a dream that Boobie Dixon was running all over the place...similar to AP.

To say the least...I am anxious for this Sunday. Something tells me Orton is capable of "turning it on" and I see it happening in Denver.

sigh.... the "revenge on the Broncos for ditching me for Tebow " game for Orton ? OMG stop it now. Network will play this angle up you know it... and then Orton will go out and put up 20. Great. Just saying there are 4 games left, not just one. Just need to win 2 of them. 9-7 might get it done. 10-6 and you'll be nominating Marrone for president.

Need lots of help after Brown blew the KC game for us with one key fumble, but it can be done.

Edited by 8and8Forever

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fan for far longer than you've been alive I suspect. Grew up in that cold slab of a stadium a long time ago. So lets not go there.

But be realistic. Manning vs. Orton? Demarcus Ware or Von Miller vs the 7th rounder we have playing RT? The fan in me will be rooting as always. But let's be realistic, they will be on National Late game I assume and will get destroyed. You know it's going to happen. Bills will fail to run the ball, pass 40 times and Miller/Ware will kill Orton. You know its going to happen. Manning will put up 20 alone on the 3 or 4 short fields he'll get and D Thomas will catch 10 balls for 150. This is Tulane playing at LSU. We're just not there yet. But neither are Ravens, Bengals, or Steelers , who gave up 100+ between them last Sunday. So we can make the playoffs, the fans need to take the good with the bad... and this Sunday will be bad.

See 8, i think we can win this D. I am not 100% sure how the Rams got to Manning, whether through blitzing or not, but we can get to the QB with just our D-Line. I am assuming the Bills D has got to focus on taking away the short stuff as best you can, take your chances his arm has deteriorated a bit and live with the threat of the long completions,

If we can do that and posses the ball and run 75 plays to their 50, i think we can win.

Also, full slate of late games this week, and Fox has doubleheader i believe...this game on in WNY and Denver and that be about it!

Edited by plenzmd1

I'm sort of sitting back waiting for this inevitable train wreck around here. The calling of Marrone's head, the immediate execution of Hackett, the benching of Orton and a laundry list of players that will be mentioned as garbage.

I can't wait, I have my popcorn ready, this place after the game is going to be better than the game its-self!

Lol. Spot on. The truth is, we have a lot of young talent. OL needs to get better and hopefully Gilmore can turn into a beast this offseason.

sigh.... the "revenge on the Broncos for ditching me for Tebow " game for Orton ? OMG stop it now. Network will play this angle up you know it... and then Orton will go out and put up 20. Great. Just saying there are 4 games left, not just one. Just need to win 2 of them. 9-7 might get it done. 10-6 and you'll be nominating Marrone for president.

Need lots of help after Brown blew the KC game for us with one key fumble, but it can be done.

Ugh, why did you have to remind me of the Bryce Brown fumble...I had that memory tucked away pretty deep until just now.

I'm sort of sitting back waiting for this inevitable train wreck around here. The calling of Marrone's head, the immediate execution of Hackett, the benching of Orton and a laundry list of players that will be mentioned as garbage.

I can't wait, I have my popcorn ready, this place after the game is going to be better than the game its-self!

Just saying, let's let the blood now, get it all out. We know we are not winning that game on Sunday. My point is, Marrone has it right IMO, you look at the season as 4, four game seasons. This is game 1 of the last quarter of the season. Only game 1. So if we are going to be stupid and irrational and throw out the baby and the bathwater over a road loss to the defending AFC champion, lets do it now..

Lol. Spot on. The truth is, we have a lot of young talent. OL needs to get better and hopefully Gilmore can turn into a beast this offseason.

Ugh, why did you have to remind me of the Bryce Brown fumble...I had that memory tucked away pretty deep until just now.

The defining play of the 2014 season, without question.

Edited by 8and8Forever

I dont see our defense allowing a blowout at this point in the season. Ive been through the last 14 yrs of mediocrity just like the rest of ya. But this team dosent seem like theyre giving up.

Bills 27

Donkeys 24

Edited by mastershake

The worst pizzeria is the best pizzeria if they are the only one and you want pizza.

95.7 FM in rochester seems to have slightly more reasonable discussions and a heavy Bills focus.... Worth a try. I just noticed they were on the air about a month ago.

You think the Bills will put up 20? Is the D scoring in this scenario?

If the O puts up 20 and doesn't turn the ball over it will be a close game late. I think a more likely scenario is the Bills put up 10-13 and the Broncs put up 24. Hopefully the D or ST can score and the Bills can steal the game. Not likely, but not impossible.

A real fan would say "how would you react if the Bills blow out Denver "

Tell me, what is the color of they sky on your planet?

Broncos-31 Bills-13

Game is close until the 4th when the Broncos offense finds its rhythm and Bills offense continues to sputter.

:thumbsup:

95.7 FM in rochester seems to have slightly more reasonable discussions and a heavy Bills focus.... Worth a try. I just noticed they were on the air about a month ago.

Yeah that's ESPN radio. Mikes Greenberg and Golic in the morning. And I agree, the station is generally worth listening to if you like sports talk.

As to the thread topic, I'm not expecting a blowout, but I am expecting the Broncos to win. Crazier things have happened, of the 3 remaining tough opponents, Denver seems to be the one where the Bills have the best chance, and that's why they play the games and all that. But the Bills are just not ready to be included in discussions with the likes of Denver, NE*, and GB. And Kyle Orton is not even in the same universe as Manning, Brady, and Rogers. But if it does end up a blowout I go about business as usual. What's the worst that realistically happens, the Bills end up with a better record than they have had in far too long at 8-8 and are on the obvious upswing.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Assuming we lose... I mean really , everyone knows in good conscience we have no real shot at this game, Manning will have 10-12 offensive possessions and will shred the D on half or more of them; Orton will put up, like 20 points. So, assuming 38-20 (you know this is what the score will be...), how will you react, knowing we still have a shot if we beat Oakland and either NE or the Packers?

Lets get ahead of this, how will you react to a blowout? Reasonably?, knowing we had no reasonable shot going in, or be an idiot and go nuts b/c you can't beat last years AFC champ/HOF QB on the road in December in a game they need as much as we do.? Discuss. Might as well do it now. I still think we can be in the tournament, but we have no shot in this one particular game, IMHO.

slams-computer-o.gif

Just saying, let's let the blood now, get it all out. We know we are not winning that game on Sunday. My point is, Marrone has it right IMO, you look at the season as 4, four game seasons. This is game 1 of the last quarter of the season. Only game 1. So if we are going to be stupid and irrational and throw out the baby and the bathwater over a road loss to the defending AFC champion, lets do it now..

The defining play of the 2014 season, without question.

Lets face facts, the Bills are not a playoff team, I am happy we are playing games that mean something in December like any fan should be. While they are not a contender at the moment, they can be fairly quick.

Hopefully the Pegula's clean house, real quick and put a new FO, scouting department and HC in place real quick. This will build upon a good defense and hopefully we start drafting better. If the right moves are made we can make a real run next year.

I'm not even going to expect a win. so it won't bother me much. Defensively the Bills have a big advantage. The backfield has had issues these last 2 weeks, lets hope they get their heads on straight and cover receivers well.

Can Orton not poop his pants and lay another 2 QTR goose egg? If the can lead the O to score once or more per QTR I don't foresee a huge blowout.

BTW what is Peyton's record against top 5 defenses?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

manning will put on a clinic but hey its manning future hoffamer..enjoy the show

just think about all the qbs who have failed since manning became manning ..its beyond comprehension..he needs a cape

Edited by rfk