Fitzy tosses 6TD vs Titans

/dev/null

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect, they are a lot closer than most Bills fans want to admit. Orton has a slightly better arm but he is completely immobile.

Right. If I'm starting from scratch in spring, same salary, etc., I choose Orton over Fitz. But it's close. It's not being a defeatist to state the obvious: in retrospect, we'd probably be better off today if we had stuck with Fitzy rather than embarking on the EJ experiment and the Orton emergency change of course, if only because we'd have saved a lot of money that could've been applied to the O line, and we'd have used last year's #1 for someone who could be playing right now.

I have to check the Two Bills Drive TOS to see if it is okay to like the fact a former Bill who was a great guy did well.

From what I've seen this is definitely not o.k., particularly when the former player used his Harvard trickery to con the Bills out of $50 million. Do not take advantage of a bumbling old man like Buddy Nix, you Ivy League one percenter, you!

Right. If I'm starting from scratch in spring, same salary, etc., I choose Orton over Fitz. But it's close. It's not being a defeatist to state the obvious: in retrospect, we'd probably be better off today if we had stuck with Fitzy rather than embarking on the EJ experiment and the Orton emergency change of course, if only because we'd have saved a lot of money that could've been applied to the O line, and we'd have used last year's #1 for someone who could be playing right now.

In a perfect world, Fitz would have mentored EJ.

But there really isn't a difference. I prefer Fitz' toughness and attitude over Orton. They are the same limited journeyman Qbs. Our record would be completely the same if we had Fitz.

But there really isn't a difference. I prefer Fitz' toughness and attitude over Orton. They are the same limited journeyman Qbs. Our record would be completely the same if we had Fitz.

If there was one thing the Amish rifle was known for, it's multiple game winning drives.

I agree that Fitz has a toughness we prefer in QBs after having Kelly as QB but Orton is a lot more skilled than Fritz IMO but has not had the preseason/training camp to really get in sync w/receivers. I do not think he recognizes plays as fast as Fritz however. I wonder if Bills will need to start at beginning again since 2nd year is supposed to be Orton's option. Orton really needs a better pocket than he has been getting to perform well but he did well on the breakdown / throw to Woods.

Edited by Koolaid

not even close. Orton has better arm and accuracy and unlike Fitz, he knows his limitations, he doesn't force things just because.

Not even close? Not sure how anybody could say that. Has Fitz ever had the red zone issues this Orton led offence has had.

As for not forcing things what was that INT by Leonard yesterday?

I have to check the Two Bills Drive TOS to see if it is okay to like the fact a former Bill who was a great guy did well.

Not necessary. You can post what you like. Just remember, others will chime in with their opinion. Or were you just looking for comments only from people who agree with you?

Not even close? Not sure how anybody could say that. Has Fitz ever had the red zone issues this Orton led offence has had.

As for not forcing things what was that INT by Leonard yesterday?

Fitz was reckless with the ball, he thought he had Favre's arm and his book smarts rarely transferred to the football field. People complained that he didn't have a good defense when he was here and had to do too much. He was benched in Houston even though they have a good defense year.

I don't think Orton forced that pass to Watkins, he sure didn't read Leonhard movement after the snap (he was lined up on the right side of the defense pre-snap) I'm not saying Orton is great but I think he knows his limitations and he doesn't try to do too much if he doesn't feel he can make a certain play.