RG 1+1+1

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I laugh every time someone closes the book on a quarterback so early in their career.

It can take a long time to develop a quality quarterback. The fact that it's becoming a "show me now" league doesn't change that one bit.

What amuses me is that there is just as much or probably more of the anointed crowd, of players who look good early in a couple games or even a season that a huge portion of fans overreact to the other way.

What amuses me is that there is just as much or probably more of the anointed crowd, of players who look good early in a couple games or even a season that a huge portion of fans overreact to the other way.

You have to be talking about Andrew Luck. The Emperor's New Clothes

No. He's one of the only guys that doesn't apply to. He was the top QB prospect of all time. Better than Manning. And he's living up to his draft spot and getting better all the time. He's already a top ten QB

7 turnovers in last year's playoffs called and said he is reminiscent of his daddy.

Trade a fifth for him and pretend he is the 2015 first round bust that we would have had if we'd not traded it to Cleveland.

I like this idea best of all . . . Let's do it, would create a lot of off-season fun hear and in Rochester next July.

Edited by CSBill

I laugh every time someone closes the book on a quarterback so early in their career.

It can take a long time to develop a quality quarterback. The fact that it's becoming a "show me now" league doesn't change that one bit.

Same here :thumbsup: Who has Gruden groomed into a top QB?

Somehow I feel Chip Kelly or Pete Carroll would find a way to make this kid a good NFL player. Besides, some players take longer then 3-4 years to fully develop. I read somewhere where they said he has the "yips". Good coaching, with a good line, run game, and good surrounding cast can make a world of difference.

Does RGIII's struggles show that Briles may not be NFL caliber coaching material?

RGIII needs to sit on the bench and learn the game as a backup for a year and get the confidence (and the body) right. That's the only way I'd want him in Buffalo.

I do think that between the lack of mental preparation at Baylor combined with two mediocre coaches at the NFL haven't gotten the career off to a great start.

I can't wait until the Browns end up in the same boat and their picks bust out.

Manziel is never going to crack a lineup in a Browns uniform and the only chance he has to redeem his team is when they trade him to some team stupid enough to covet him. I hope its the Jets.

Jason Gilbert could turn it around, rookies have a hard time at CB. So, maybe he'll not be awful.

After reading this i immediately thought NJJ!

Same here :thumbsup: Who has Gruden groomed into a top QB?

Somehow I feel Chip Kelly or Pete Carroll would find a way to make this kid a good NFL player. Besides, some players take longer then 3-4 years to fully develop. I read somewhere where they said he has the "yips". Good coaching, with a good line, run game, and good surrounding cast can make a world of difference.

I believe that was Cooley in his critisicm of RGIII's play. I also believe that it may be premature to close the book on him so soon. But I really think he's going to need to add about 15-20 pounds onto that narrow physique of his. His style of play is going to subject him to a ton of hits, and that tiny frame of his isn't going to last long enough for him to develop if he keeps taking a pounding like he does.

Report: Jay Gruden is done with Robert Griffin III

In his story, Reid writes that Gruden is done with Griffin and wants him off the team. It's unclear if owner Daniel Snyder and general manager Bruce Allen agree with Gruden and will back him, but it also seems clear that Griffin's tenure with the team is shaky at best.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24865895/report-jay-gruden-is-done-with-robert-griffin-iii

I believe that was Cooley in his critisicm of RGIII's play. I also believe that it may be premature to close the book on him so soon. But I really think he's going to need to add about 15-20 pounds onto that narrow physique of his. His style of play is going to subject him to a ton of hits, and that tiny frame of his isn't going to last long enough for him to develop if he keeps taking a pounding like he does.

He has much, much bigger problems. Like his recent inability to play quarterback with even a shred of competence.

He could be 6'4" 240 out there, and with all the same athleticism and he'd still suck.

Report: Jay Gruden is done with Robert Griffin III

In his story, Reid writes that Gruden is done with Griffin and wants him off the team. It's unclear if owner Daniel Snyder and general manager Bruce Allen agree with Gruden and will back him, but it also seems clear that Griffin's tenure with the team is shaky at best.

http://www.cbssports...ert-griffin-iii

Which team would be willing to make deal for RGIII? Jets , Bills, Houston?