Article: Pre-offseason Primer for Bills

YoloinOhio

Buffalo's already invested heavily in WR's and it hasn't gotten them into playoff contention. The trade for Sammy, Woods 2nd/2013, Goodwin 3rd/2013, trading for Mike Williams, and others.

They need to spend their dollars elsewhere, but the fastest way to winning isn't on the market next year nor probably available in the 2015 second round: a better QB.

The primer failed to mention an upgrade at GM and HC, which is hopefully is how you answer the above issue.

Edited by BillsVet

Clay would be an Interesting addition to this offense. Would love Thomas but I doubt he would come. I think we are set at RB whether we keep Spiller or not.

Would love to keep Spikes but I doubt he will stay. A lot depends on what they do with Hughes. I think we will re-sign him. Pegulas first statement of football heaven.

Buffalo's already invested heavily in WR's and it hasn't gotten them into playoff contention. The trade for Sammy, Woods 2nd/2013, Goodwin 3rd/2013, trading for Mike Williams, and others.

They need to spend their dollars elsewhere, but the fastest way to winning isn't on the market next year nor probably available in the 2015 second round: a better QB.

The primer failed to mention an upgrade at GM and HC, which is hopefully is how you answer the above issue.

With the draft being a crap shoot, it can't be impossible to upgrade the QB postion. but that is where they need to spend their resources. Even drafting a QB in rounds 2-4 can be a much better upgrade over what we have. They need to take more chances on QBs in the draft. More chances they take the better the shot is they get a better QB.

Need to upgrade the the guard positions. As for GM and HC.... probably need upgrades there, but I have reservations about that since I have doubts we would replace them with something better. Whaley doesn't bother me too much, and if Marrone would let some other good OC run the offense, that would make me ok with Marrone. but that is not happening.

This article strikes me as almost defeatist regarding the quarterback position. Or, maybe it's denial.

Quote: "While quarterback continues to be the biggest question mark on the roster going forward, Kyle Orton has proven to be serviceable enough to be a holdover through the 2015 season."

Really? That's it? He expects, Whaley, et al, to just ignore the position???

Edited by Rocky Landing

With the draft being a crap shoot, it can't be impossible to upgrade the QB postion. but that is where they need to spend their resources. Even drafting a QB in rounds 2-4 can be a much better upgrade over what we have. They need to take more chances on QBs in the draft. More chances they take the better the shot is they get a better QB.

Need to upgrade the the guard positions. As for GM and HC.... probably need upgrades there, but I have reservations about that since I have doubts we would replace them with something better. Whaley doesn't bother me too much, and if Marrone would let some other good OC run the offense, that would make me ok with Marrone. but that is not happening.

It's going to be an interesting off-season, and I'm not just talking free agency with a rising cap.

Guard in the 2nd plus one in free agency then a big QB in the 3rd. Need to keep players like Hughes.

Guard in the 2nd plus one in free agency then a big QB in the 3rd. Need to keep players like Hughes.

i don't know if these guys really know anything but most of the people I follow on twitter who claim to have Sources within the Bills seem to think the Bills will sign Hughes.