Fred Jackson: "Whitner Dumb and an Idiot"

26CornerBlitz

Whitner is such a moron. Everyone in Buffalo knows he is a fraud. He can't cover anyone. He lost the NFC Championship game last year. He was outplayed by Lil' Jimmy. Even Chandler and probably Lee Smith could get open against him.

I don't like Whitner, but he had a very, very good season for SF last year (2013). He was legitimately one of the best strong safeties in the league, and played a lot better than in 2012. I don't think a lot of Bills fans were paying attention, but's truth -- look at his numbers for turnovers forced, passes defensed (15, according to PFR), and tackles (all highs). He absolutely deserved his pro bowl appearance. Still don't like him though.

Edited by dave mcbride

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SF low balled him at FA time. Offered like 4 mill/yr.?He signed for like 7 mill with Cleveland because TJ Ward flew the coop to Denver and they wanted to bring in "winners." It's also his hometown.

Lil' Donte signed four year 28 mil deal with Brownies.

In reading the article, he not only sparred with Bills players and the Bills organization on Twitter, he also included shots at Darryl Talley and even included his daughter. For that, he's a piece of $#*& in my opinion.

Lil' Donte signed four year 28 mil deal with Brownies.

In reading the article, he not only sparred with Bills players and the Bills organization on Twitter, he also included shots at Darryl Talley and even included his daughter. For that, he's a piece of $#*& in my opinion.

... And he got that deal because he was one of the best safeties in the league in 2013.

I'd love to see that. If that happens, I call dibs on being the first to call him "Conte Whitner."

:D

Second to a Bills win, that is my fondest desire for this Sunday. (especially as the wifey is out of town this weekend)

whats next, a Maybin attack?

my guess is lil Donte still has a chip from being his usual slow self and failing miserably in pass coverage in front of the entire nation for years now.

good hitter, focused, wants to win, loves the game, but his mouth is just too big for his own good, and he can't ever back up what he says.

the niners probably miss him about as much as we do, which is zero.

I don't know, man. Maybin wasn't an NFL player but didnt open his mouth and didn't do anything detrimental in the locker room. (T)withner is just a moron with talent.

... And he got that deal because he was one of the best safeties in the league in 2013.

Just pointing out to the previous poster that it was not 7M, but 28M. Not disputing his talent, but he is a classless a-hole to include Darryl's daughter in his Twitter rant. I want nothing more than to see him and his team get embarrassed on Sunday in line with what we did to the jints last Monday. Wish I could be there!

Just pointing out to the previous poster that it was not 7M, but 28M. Not disputing his talent, but he is a classless a-hole to include Darryl's daughter in his Twitter rant. I want nothing more than to see him and his team get embarrassed on Sunday in line with what we did to the jints last Monday. Wish I could be there!

With the Darryl story out now, emotions are going to be running even higher on Sunday.

Cleveland fans should stay home for this one. It won't be a friendly stadium at all. Whitner should come down with the flu on Saturday.

I think the previous poster was simply saying 7m per year-

i meant 7mil/yr

Whitner threatened Sammy on Twitter in July for no reason. Sammy didn't even know who he was. It was hilarious.

A Holiday Season Highlight would be Sammy matched up with Whitner, one on one. Better than a parade or anything Santa could fit down the chimney!

A Holiday Season Highlight would be Sammy matched up with Whitner, one on one. Better than a parade or anything Santa could fit down the chimney!

I doubt Pettine would be dumb enough to put Dante up against him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sammy truck him though. Which is something Watkins did with regularity in college. We haven't seen that physical aspect of his game yet because he hasn't been 100% all season. Ask Shazier how it feels to get run over by Sammy.

GO BILLS!!!

I doubt Pettine would be dumb enough to put Dante up against him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sammy truck him though. Which is something Watkins did with regularity in college. We haven't seen that physical aspect of his game yet because he hasn't been 100% all season. Ask Shazier how it feels to get run over by Sammy.

GO BILLS!!!

No, I'd never expect it to happen on purpose, but these are Holiday Dreams! Maybe help over the top and the CB slips.... that's how it goes in my dream, anyway...

I don't like Whitner, but he had a very, very good season for SF last year (2013). He was legitimately one of the best strong safeties in the league, and played a lot better than in 2012. I don't think a lot of Bills fans were paying attention, but's truth -- look at his numbers for turnovers forced, passes defensed (15, according to PFR), and tackles (all highs). He absolutely deserved his pro bowl appearance. Still don't like him though.

He may be my least favorite NFL player ever.....but he did finally play like a very good safety last year. FINALLY. His initial success in SF was as a "toady" behind a front 7 of bullies and he single-handedly cost them a Super Bowl they should have won handily against Baltimore....which was a tragic lesson for SF and it's fans to learn about Lil' Donte.

He responded well to that utter embarrassment by improving a great deal as a cover man. He would have never received a kick in the balls like that in front of a billion people so chances are if he had stayed in Buffalo or gone anywhere other than SF he would have never been humbled enough to make improvements to a game that he was holding back by a refusal to admit that he wasn't good enough.

That all said.......curse Marv Levy for drafting him. Those first few months of the Levy/Jauron era set the stage for a near decade of complete irrelevance and suffering for Bills fans and the ill-fated decision to overdraft that low-impact low-character turd helped create the culture of losing around here. You will never win by drafting complementary players with very high picks like that. And yeah, the guy has no business dogging the team he received the second highest contract in team history from. He was making $6M per year to back up an undrafted WR from Tennessee who could actually cover and make a play on a football when Donte was still learning how to become a non-liability on the field. Anyone who defended him here in Buffalo should be ashamed of himself. It was a GIVEN that he would stab you fools in the back because he is just a flat out A*SHOLE.

Other than that I don't have an opinion on him. :thumbsup:

So much for that OSU education!

@mikerodak: Whitner on Watkins: “I didn’t like that he called our DBs out … 31 other teams in the NFL didn’t draft him.” Wait… what?

@MaryKayCabot: Whitner on his twitter war w/ Sammy Watkins: "I didn't like that he called our DBs out, talking about there was going to be a fight....

@MaryKayCabot: ...(Whitner) when he played the Cleveland Browns. There's 31 other teams in the NFL that didn't draft you, so don't single out the Browns.

Um.., donte, you can't read. Sammy never called anyone out. He was careful to do the exact opposite and not single out the Browns because it was a Cleveland reporter who asked him about it. And he was drafted 4th overall, not after 31 other teams had a chance to take him.

@FSOhioZJackson: Whitner on the reaction he will get in Buffalo: I think it will be great. A standing ovation.

https://t.co/vz1g55gvtj

Edited by YoloinOhio

Would rather us not talk **** in the media, and instead show up on the field. Hopefully this doesn't bite us in the ass like Leodis's recent declarations.

Whitner was the one talking trash, not the Bills.

I don't think so. The Browns overpaid. They could have just kept TJ Ward for that money.