Pettine not expecting warm reception at The Ralph

YoloinOhio

I was fine with Pettine until now. The audacity of him saying we will hate him. Just for that, I hate him.

i wondered about that too. Why does he think we don't like him? I am actually glad he moved on and wish him well, as much as I liked him here.is it his ego talking? He is from the School of Rex... Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shitner is still butt hurt that the Bills pulled their offer after he tried using it as leverage in FA

he ended up signing with the 9ers for less.

#dumbass

Which is ironic because he committed to the bengals and screwed them that year too. Dudes a mess. I tend to defend his play as better than most here give credit for but he has a lot of maturity issues. That he fancied himself leader and mentor probably helps explains some of our teams issues through those years

i wondered about that too. Why does he think we don't like him? I am actually glad he moved on and wish him well, as much as I liked him here.is it his ego talking? He is from the School of Rex...

Likely trying to distract from the whitner stuff and put the spotlight on him, honestly

I actually don't know that the players like Pettine too much. There have been grumblings from players who have played under him that he's kind of a jerk. Coaches who have worked with him seem to respect him as a coach but not so much as a person. Just a feeling I get from what's said and isn't said about the guy. I get the sense that Schwartz is much more well-liked than Pettine.

maybe Pettines opinion of himself is higher than it really is. he was in Buffalo one year had some success because he inherited a loaded D and installed a scheme that somewhat worked. Then he left. Big deal. I doubt his "homecoming" will cause any negative reaction from the faithful. We hardly knew ya!

Our defense was never a mess. Wanny just was awful. Our defense is loaded with 1st and 2nd rounders.

Pettine knew what he was doing coming here. Schwartz is smart too. We have top 3 talent on defense. You just need to be competent as a coach and you will look really good.

Our defense was a mess. The talent was there, I don't disagree on that. Someone said on another thread the other day are we sure Schwartz isn't just Wanny with better talent? Well Wanny had 3 of our now completely dominant front 4 and the whole of what is our first choice secondary were here then too as was Bradham. The linebackers were not great but really he had this defence minus Hughes, Spikes and Brown but plus pro-bowl safety Jairus Byrd and we stunk.

I think Pettine knew he was inheriting good talent here and getting Kiko in the draft was a major move too, but what was very noticeable to me was how the defense had some breakdowns in those early games under Pettine and worked and got it better and players started to improve - McKelvin, Aaron Williams, Dareus etc... And I think that was the confidence Pettine gave them.

The unit he inherited was hugely underachieving and low on confidence. He gave them that belief that they play with now. Schwartz has moved it on there is no question about that but Schwartz was able to build on a good foundation and for that I am grateful to Pettine. He did a good job, he got a great opportunity and we got better. What is there to hate?

I hope Pettine gets a standing ovation when he enters the stadium. In fact, as long as it's not at the expense of the Bills getting in, I've actually been rooting for the Browns to get into the playoffs this year. It would be great for him to say he turned around the Bills defense in one season and then got the lowly Browns into the playoffs in his first year as a HC.

I wouldn't be wouldn't be surprised if Marrone wasn't a little miffed with the way Pettine left the Bills. Perhaps that is why Pettine is assuming some bad blood...but I think most fans liked him, if they didn't love him as our DC. Maybe my memory is hazy, though. Didn't some Bills fans get into a "war of tweets" with Pettines daughter? Or was that just Jim Kellys' daughter?

Marrone helped him prep for the interview with Cleveland. Pettines words not mine.

I am Pettine fan.

But i am a bigger Schwartzie fan.

He is fine by me , can't deny that d became and has maintained an angrier edge to them .

Lets not forget Donnie Henderson though . We still have him.

But i agree the Defense turned to face forward under Mikes time here.

This could be a great defensive battle tomorrow.

I was fine with Pettine until now. The audacity of him saying we will hate him. Just for that, I hate him.

Agreed. The only thing worse than that is someone who says we will like him. How dare they? And the only thing worse than THAT is ambivalence. I hate that. These people.

That's it! I'm done with other teams!!