Ferguson

TPS

Did she really say "excessive case forces"? I couldn't get the video to play.

Excessive use of force cases. Bad typo, sorry.

There was one death last night.

Link?

Yes, I know...but I don't trust anything the Daily Mail says without confirmation. They're just as likely to say there was a UFO abduction last night.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

he's a dolphin fan?

Looking at him I would say it could be if he grew up here. What do they play in Jordan? Soccer? That's a whole other thread.

The lenses on his glasses are shaped like hexagons. I think the brand name is "Slaptheseoffmypretentiousface.com Optics".

Link?

Yes, I know...but I don't trust anything the Daily Mail says without confirmation. They're just as likely to say there was a UFO abduction last night.

So the aliens killed a guy?

Edited by 4merper4mer

No need to apologize since it wasn't your typo. The article had that in there so I was wondering if that's what she really said.

LISA BLOOM, NBC LEGAL ANALYST: I handle excessive case forces

Link?

That's all I got.

How a false media narrative made Ferguson worse

by Howard Kurtz

It was a split-screen spectacle, the president of the United States appealing for calm while Ferguson was starting to erupt in flames.

As Obama was saying “there is inevitably going to be some negative reaction, and it will make for good TV,” the images of tear gas and looting were competing for attention.

I don’t know that anything the president said at that point could have deterred the protestors and agitators after no indictment was returned, and here’s why: They were reacting to a media narrative that hardened into cement soon after the tragedy. And we now know that narrative was filled with misinformation.

We now know that some eyewitnesses changed their stories, or admitted they never actually saw the shooting.

But their accounts echoed across the media landscape, that Darren Wilson shot Michael Brown in the back, that Brown had his hands up, that he was trying to surrender.

As St. Louis County prosecutor Robert McCullough said in scolding the Fourth Estate:

“The most significant challenge encountered in this investigation has been the 24 hour news cycle, and its insatiable appetite for something for anything to talk about,” he said.Following closely behind were non-stop rumors on social media.”

more at the link: http://www.foxnews.c...intcmp=trending

These are no looter-day saints

by Michael Goodwin

Honestly, Wilson's testimony is pretty unbelievable. You guys are freaking hilarious.

As long as you agree with the verdict...honeslty, Wilsons' tesitimony sounds like a crock of ****. Ignore the fact that the prosecuter in this case seemed to have a conflict of interest and did a terrible job, the jury wasn't made aware of evidence that would have put the witnesses for the defendant in major question, yeah, that is a great write up.

Do you understand what the term "probable cause" means?