it's now clear we should taken beckham and kept our 2015 1st ...

truth on hold

I think you are 100% correct, not saying he is better then Sammy but when you give up a extra number pick>Thank is the big difference!

thats the simple equation most are missing

a) if you think Beckham > Sammy (as I do), then clearly Beckham + 2015 1st and 4th is better

b) if you think theyre comparable and the difference is splitting hairs, it's the same conclusion

c) if you think sammy > Beckham, it had better be a lot better to make up for a 1st and 4th .... I just dont see how anyone could conclude this now

Edited by JTSP

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll ask this again...

Who?

Which OL did you want to take in the 1st last year? And who do you want to draft in the mid-1st round this year?

I wanted Robinson or Matthews. I don't know who I want next year but whoever it is, it's better than NO ONE:(

I like Henderson butr that was also a swing for the fences that has worked out NICELY:)

thats the simple equation most are missing

a) if you think Beckham > Sammy (as I do), then clearly Beckham + 2015 1st and 4th is better

b) if you think theyre comparable and the difference is splitting hairs, it's the same conclusion

c) if you think sammy > Beckham, it had better be a lot better to make up for a 1st and 4th .... I just dont see how anyone could conclude this now

It really does not suprise me that the two of you agree on this

My question to the OP and anyone who agrees with the premise of this thread:

Who would you see the Bills drafting at pick #10 this year that we cant get in round 2?

As I see it, we need quality interior OL and a franchise QB. There should be some quality Guards when we pick in the 2nd round (a la Levitre), and unless you're drafting #1 overall, then you are picking from the 2nd tier of QBs either way.

The Bills needs are not that great in quantity. QB, OGs, TE... That's about it for big needs. Whaley has shown over the past couple of offseasons that he can and will shore up positions of need when he can focus on them (look what he's done for our LB and WR corps). Im confident he'll solve the OL issue this offseason. As far as QB goes... that is something almost EVERY team is battling. Id love to see a better QB brought in, but they arent exactly growing on trees these days.

\\

THis end thread

I wanted Robinson or Matthews. I don't know who I want next year but whoever it is, it's better than NO ONE:(

I like Henderson butr that was also a swing for the fences that has worked out NICELY:)

I dont mean to single you out, as you are the only one that has even attempted to answer my question, and I do appreciate that. But this answer illustrates my entire point for me.

Here's a link to the 2014 draft results: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_NFL_draft

Robinson went #2 overall, which means that in order to get him it would have required giving up even MORE picks than what we did to get Watkins. On top of that, Robinson has been incredibly shaky for someone drafted so high, and has only earned a starting spot in 6 games so far. Not great value for what we would have traded away. And that would definitely have included 2015's 1st, and most likely 2014's 2nd.

Matthews went #6 overall, which means we are STILL trading up in the 2014 draft.

Both are playing LT, and that's great for them, but we already have a LT, and Whaley addressed the RT/T position twice in the draft with Kouandjio and Henderson (2 very strong prospects).

Again, I appreciate you answering the question, but I dont see this as a better solution than what the Bills did.

One of the greatest catches of all time, serious props. Even crazier is that they just showed him making that exact catch in warmups 5 min before that play happened...literally almost the exact catch. I still feel like because of his size he is going to be more of a D Jax and that Sammy will have the better career, but the kid is talented.