AW comments about play calling on 4th down

YoloinOhio

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about time coaches faced criticism

for making timid, chicken•••t decisions under the guise of "playing the percentages" or "not taking the game away from the players" (the most absurd rationale I have ever heard for playing not to lose). The tide may be turning, and we can hope it takes Marrone away with it.

Please, please write that it is Jerry Sullivan before linking.........I don't click for JS and I certainly don't read his crap. I wish he would just go away.

his name is in the link AND i think he was pushing the AW quotes more than the commentary

Interesting hearing criticism of play calling from a defensive player. I wonder if he will be inactive Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. Jk. I think.

http://www.buffalone...ential-20141119

It's Jerry Sullivan. I'd hope Marrone would want to hear what Williams actually said before getting knotted up over it.

If I were the offense, I'd be more knotted up. "4th and 1 is just a step", so it should never be a problem, right? Now how about 3rd and 1? 3rd and 2? AW is kinda throwing the offense under the bus IMO. Maybe deservedly so but still?

I don't like it. I agree with AW 100% and think Marrone isn't the right captain for this ship. But you don't take that to the press. Bad form. I don't care if it's the Rich Kotite Jets, you don't criticize the coaches in public as a player.

kj

I seriously doubt that anything AW says will affect any of Marrone's future decisions. Marrone is what he is. He's very conservative. His offense is terrible and needs to be criticized, but I'm sure he will not listen to any of it. If he was any good he would have seen that his inexperienced OC was in over his head. It's actually looking more and more like Marrone is in over his head as well.