Anyone see the Saints fan steal the ball from a woman?

Gisele

I look at that and I see a large male swinging an elbow (and a female backing off giving space so she wont get hit)

Maybe im old fashion.....but to me that deserves a punch in the face. The ball wasnt meant for him....he knew it....he shouldnt have went for it to begin with.

i dont disagree that he shouldve just let it be and she can have it - just think that some folks are getting a bit carried away with what the story actually is.

yea, he boxed her out and caught it - but he caused no injury or anything. we had a poster argue he should be arrested for assault even. if you want to punch a guy for going after the catch - thats your choice. im not sure its any better though in the grand scheme, but have at it.

an aside, the guys daughter has posted on instagram that they dont particularly care about the outcome and they got the ball and thats that. disappointing.

I was there yesterday and that was as "chippy" as I have ever seen Saints fans. Their team has been incredibly disappointing and it seemed like yesterday was the day that they started getting a little fed up. I'm not saying that was the whole reason behind that idiot keeping the ball but it was that kind of that epiphany when they realized that the Saints aren't very good.

did anyone boo? The Browns fans were booing their team. They turned awfully fast. Edited by YoloinOhio

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2014/11/saints_fan_who_snagged_gresham.html?ath=1fb89705eccc9bfc0cdb9e2461dd9937#cmpid=nsltr_strybutton

the guy speaks out - says he was grabbing it for his 8 year old grandson that sits in the section.

still not a fan of him, but figured id share. im sure the kid wouldve benefited from the positive example more than the ball.

Edited by NoSaint

it looks like her head goes back and to the left...back and to left... back and to the left. this is entirely inconsistent from where the blow would have been delivered if it came from the dude. there had to be a second elbower. adding to the intrigue is that grassy knoll that appears 3 rows beyond them just before the clip ends.

OK... I lol'd... :)

Edited by KOKBILLS

did anyone boo? The Browns fans were booing their team. They turned awfully fast.

There was some booing but it was more leaving early in disgust. In addition some people were getting aggressive with Bengals fans around me. It wasn't nasty compared to the Ralph but it was as bad as I have seen the dome.

an aside, the guys daughter has posted on instagram that they dont particularly care about the outcome and they got the ball and thats that. disappointing.

The skank apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess.

The proper thing would have been to either bat it back onto the field or throw it back onto the field. Sorry, the away team doesn't get to celebrate with its fans in my house.

Your house huh. This thread has been enlightening.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Honeslty, for sure, I thought that would happen. The fact that the girl was a Bengals fan, and the player tossing it to her was a Bengal, makes it all the worse. This has been getting so much attention the last 24 hours, I suspect we haven't seen the last of this girl.

Staffs for Letterman, Kimmel and Fallon are probably trying to get her in.

This situation falls squarely in the who gives a f*ck category for me. Sure the ball was intended for the woman, sure the guy "stole" it, but who cares. From my view he didn't hit the woman at all. This is no different than a baseball game when a ball goes into the crowd. It is a free for all. Jail, assault, name calling?!?! Sheesh.

This situation falls squarely in the who gives a f*ck category for me. Sure the ball was intended for the woman, sure the guy "stole" it, but who cares. From my view he didn't hit the woman at all. This is no different than a baseball game when a ball goes into the crowd. It is a free for all. Jail, assault, name calling?!?! Sheesh.

Did the voice of reason just enter the conversation? Thanks for providing some common sense to the topic 122. You are right on

CBS aired a interview with him this morning. he was sitting in what looked like his living room holding the ball.

Said he didn't "see" the woman, and he got the ball for his grandson. ironically the kid was not there, so everyone involved took that comment with a grain of salt.

The guy came off as a douchebag. And probably got a few bucks for the interview to boot.

Congrats you both suck! I was at an away game about 12 years ago where a player from my team came up to give me his gloves. Yocal security guard stole it and laughed about putting it on EBay. Super cool moment.

Ha ha, sorry about that.

If it makes you feel any better you probably don't have much use for 12 year old Peerless Price gloves anyways.

A proper analogy is a baseball player tossing a ball to a specific fan and having an adult grab it instead and using force to do so. A random foul ball is a completely different situation.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Did the voice of reason just enter the conversation? Thanks for providing some common sense to the topic 122. You are right on

Thanks I feel like I am taking crazy pills reading this thread!

Congrats you both suck! I was at an away game about 12 years ago where a player from my team came up to give me his gloves. Yocal security guard stole it and laughed about putting it on EBay. Super cool moment.

What in the world does what happened to you 12 years ago have to do with this? Are you serious? I'm sure it sucked to have this happen but this means nothing in regards to this woman's situation. Add on to the fact that she was given another ball and who cares? Serious question, if you had been given those gloves where would they be right now 12 years later? In a box somewhere?

A proper analogy is a baseball player tossing a ball to a specific fan and having an adult grab it instead and using force to do so. A random foul ball is a completely different situation.

I agree completely and even when that happens it is a mad scramble. A guy died a couple of years ago trying to catch one of these! Is that guy a scumbag who deserves to be beaten? That is how this thread is reading to me. I think it is understood at all sporting events that children get first crack at any souvenir after that it is a free for all. Ladies first doesn't apply here, he didn't steal this ball, he caught it fair and square.

I agree completely and even when that happens it is a mad scramble. A guy died a couple of years ago trying to catch one of these! Is that guy a scumbag who deserves to be beaten? That is how this thread is reading to me. I think it is understood at all sporting events that children get first crack at any souvenir after that it is a free for all. Ladies first doesn't apply here, he didn't steal this ball, he caught it fair and square.

I agree with you about the free for all when it comes to foul balls etc, and I agree with you about kids first. But to me if a player is intending to give a souvenir to a specific person, be it man, woman, child, or something in between, then it stops being a free for all. I would think most everyone would feel this way but maybe I'm wrong. I can see someone making a grab for it in the heat of the moment. But I would think after thinking about it, a rational adult would give it to the person for whom it was intended.

And to me anyway, this adult is a scumbag.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I agree with you about the free for all when it comes to foul balls etc, and I agree with you about kids first. But to me if a player is intending to give a souvenir to a specific person, be it man, woman, child, or something in between, then it stops being a free for all. I would think most everyone would feel this way but maybe I'm wrong. I can see someone making a grab for it in the heat of the moment. But I would think after thinking about it, a rational adult would give it to the person for whom it was intended.

ill agree that if a player is intending to target a specific person, its a courtesy to make sure that gift gets to the intended recipient. i dont think it makes him the lowest of the low and deserving a beat down - but i think a "c'mon man" from those around him is fair.

I agree that the ball was certainly intended for her but tough cookies. She ended up making out in the ordeal anyway. As for calling him a scumbag I just can't bring myself to care enough to even think that of him. He took a ball from another adult. I don't care. I don't care to get outraged for this woman and I don't care to get outraged at this guy. After watching the video my only reaction was people are upset about this?!

As for the rational adult thing, I agree but An NFL game may not be the best place to find those people.

ill agree that if a player is intending to target a specific person, its a courtesy to make sure that gift gets to the intended recipient. i dont think it makes him the lowest of the low and deserving a beat down - but i think a "c'mon man" from those around him is fair.

Yeah this is about as far as I will go myself. Sure he shouldn't have done it and I probably would have busted his balls about it, but a national story? Calls for assault charges? Name Calling? Wanting to fight him? Can't get on board with any of that. I already have spent more time than I should have on this story lol.

I remember once, in the early 80's (I was about 16) being at a Buffalo Stallions game. We were sitting in the front row of the nose-bleeds (oranges!). In between the action, they used to have a mascot who would come out and kick soccer balls up into the stands...cool red and black soccer balls.

The balls rarely made it all the way up to the orange section. But, as me and my buddy were talking, I remember seeing a soccer ball heading my way, in my periphrial vision...I instinctively reached over the stands and grabbed it as it was on its' downward trajectory....I didint' realize, right next to me, some little kid (probably around 10) was trying to do the same thing...for whatever reason, it felt so great to catch that ball, it didn't dawn on me for a minute or two how disappointed the kid was. Of course, I gave it to him. In retrospect, I don't think he had a chance in hell of catching it, but he wanted it so bad, he likely would have jumped off the rail to catch it!

Anyway, moral of the story, karma pays you back..the kids' dad, a few rows back, purchased a beer for me, and my buddy! Underage drinking at the Aud was way better than a stupid soccer ball! :

Nothing like a heart warming story of underage drinking. LOL

I was home sick yesterday. The Today Show covered the story. Interviewed both the woman and the guy, and both agreed that the way the media edited the tape made it look much worse than it was. She is a 'Gals fan, and he was trying to get the ball for his "grandbaby." No hard feelings between the two of them. Case closed.

See this guy did her a favor by stealing that ball. She got national exposure, a ball from the Saints, and now Gresham will be sending her a care package that I'm sure will be way better than just some ball!

Yup and now if the old dude and his wife and daughter all get the crabs I will believe in karma ;)

I was home sick yesterday. The Today Show covered the story. Interviewed both the woman and the guy, and both agreed that the way the media edited the tape made it look much worse than it was. She is a 'Gals fan, and he was trying to get the ball for his "grandbaby." No hard feelings between the two of them. Case closed.

Very reasonable.