Bears may trade Cutler in offseason...

RCOHEN13

given our current situation, draft picks, and market of qbs, I would be ecstatic to have Jay Cutler.

This years draft class is not good at the QB spot, our situation is an out right dumpster Fire, and Jay is much netter than anyone else in the market. I wouldn't mind giving RG3 a chance out of washington as a consolation, but the injury history scares me. The guy is tought tho, which given recent events with our current qb, means a lot

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Shefter reported this morning on countdown that If they want out from Cutlers deal there SEVERAL teams that have expressed interest....

I for one wold LOVE having Cutler. He's had his ups and downs, but has a HUGE arm and with our D, he wont have to be in shootouts where he makes some dumb mistakes.

Even with the huge contract, i'd take him in a second and know he have a REAL QB for the next 5+ yrs. He has all the talent in the world and even without a 1st rounder, if Chi wants to make a change, they wont have much leverage cuz of his contract. We will be way under cap and also, wont have a 1st round pick to sign (even tho they arent as pricey as used to be). We NEED to keep Hughes and hopefully extend Dareus but they will pick up option on Dareus rookie deal and hopefully he doesnt hold out to get paid like he truly deserves to.

This team is a QB away from being a true playoff team. We dont need a tier 1 QB like Manning, Brady etc.. i'd be 100% fine with a guy like Cutler who in right system can really excel and would not miss those red zone throws Orton has been missing BADLY last 2 games.

Could be very interesting option and not many teams will have cap room !

GO BILLS

Cutler is Orton? Agree that we need to get 99 signed.

Adam Shefter reported this morning on countdown that If they want out from Cutlers deal there SEVERAL teams that have expressed interest....

I for one wold LOVE having Cutler. He's had his ups and downs, but has a HUGE arm and with our D, he wont have to be in shootouts where he makes some dumb mistakes.

Even with the huge contract, i'd take him in a second and know he have a REAL QB for the next 5+ yrs. He has all the talent in the world and even without a 1st rounder, if Chi wants to make a change, they wont have much leverage cuz of his contract. We will be way under cap and also, wont have a 1st round pick to sign (even tho they arent as pricey as used to be). We NEED to keep Hughes and hopefully extend Dareus but they will pick up option on Dareus rookie deal and hopefully he doesnt hold out to get paid like he truly deserves to.

This team is a QB away from being a true playoff team. We dont need a tier 1 QB like Manning, Brady etc.. i'd be 100% fine with a guy like Cutler who in right system can really excel and would not miss those red zone throws Orton has been missing BADLY last 2 games.

Could be very interesting option and not many teams will have cap room !

GO BILLS

If Cutler can't make it with 2 tall, legit weapons as WR's in Marshall and Jeffery, a good athletic TE in Bennett, an elite level RB in Forte, and an innovative offensive mind like Trestman, how is he going to do any better here??

Dude has brain lock and makes horrible decisions even when under no pressure way too many times for my liking...

Edited by matter2003

Cutler has his problems, but he would be the best QB the Bills have had behind center in quite a while... I actually like him. That said, I don't think Buffalo is a good fit for him. Not talking x's and o's (he could be great with this offensive personnel), but just the mix of his personality, and the increasingly impatient fan base would just be a bad mix.

I also think the Bears, who have had a miserable QB history, would be making a big mistake to ditch Cutler at this point. He is not the caliber of a P Manning, Brady or Rodgers, but he is also a cut or two above most of the the other QB's in the leauge. You hear about the guys who will possibly be available next off-season like Hoyer, Kaepernick, RGIII, Schaub...that should tell you how shallow the vetran QB market is.

Edited by Buftex

I'm indifferent on Cutler (kinda like his attitude towards the game), but it makes sense for the Bills to go "all-in" if they think they can get an above average QB this offseason. Competitive windows on both sides of the ball stay open for 4-5 years or so unless you have a stud QB. We do not, and we won't be getting one. So they may as well try to get someone serviceable back there so we don't waste our defense.

He's talented but his attitude and indifference to the game would be a horrible fit for Buffalo.

And I daresay for every team in this league. But despite that, there will be teams willing to trade for him. Just hope its not the Bills.

Sure he wasn't. Right after he cuddled up to the powers that be who bitchslapped Kromer into a public apology.

Edited by Fan in Chicago