Bears may trade Cutler in offseason...

RCOHEN13

I'm not a big stats guy so take it FWIW, but statistically he's on pace for a pretty good season. INTs are a little high, but pretty good overall. Of course, Orton's stats aren't half bad either. Depending on how each guy does down the stretch (mostly looking to see if Orton fades or picks it up) he may be worth looking into.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding Jay Cutler guarantees your offense will regress in terms of sacks and turnovers and likely be top 5 to top 10 in those categories. Adding Jay Cutler will be severely detrimental to this offense, especially the o-line which is struggling as an entire unit since Marrone took over.

I'm not a big stats guy so take it FWIW, but statistically he's on pace for a pretty good season. INTs are a little high, but pretty good overall. Of course, Orton's stats aren't half bad either. Depending on how each guy does down the stretch (mostly looking to see if Orton fades or picks it up) he may be worth looking into.

You will put up numbers when you are throwing 38-49 times consistently. The key to this is not turning the ball over and getting sacked in the process (which puts your defense and offense in tough in-game situations) . The premium QB's are capable of both. Cutler is far from a premier QB IMO.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Adding Jay Cutler guarantees your offense will regress in terms of sacks and turnovers and likely be top 5 to top 10 in those categories. Adding Jay Cutler will be severely detrimental to this offense, especially the o-line which is struggling as an entire unit since Marrone took over.

You will put up numbers when you are throwing 38-49 times consistently. The key to this is not turning the ball over and getting sacked in the process (which puts your defense and offense in tough in-game situations) . The premium QB's are capable of both. Cutler is far from a premier QB IMO.

Andrew Luck has 4 less INT's and 8 less sacks across 12 games.

Edited by What a Tuel

That's a lot...think about it.

Not really. Are we really saying #1 QB in the league or Orton? I mean if Cutler isn't good enough for us, who is?

Edit: Would you have a problem with it if the contract wasn't so heavy?

Edited by What a Tuel

Not really. Are we really saying #1 QB in the league or Orton? I mean if Cutler isn't good enough for us, who is?

Edit: Would you have a problem with it if the contract wasn't so heavy?

Also look at his sack totals throughout his career. Cutler would be a total disaster with our personnel and current coaching regardless of his contract. But with a cap hit of 16.5 and 17 million in 2015 and 2016...it is just stupid.

I don't know, Cutler could get hot and have a Flacco/Eli like run.

He could, my personal interest in Cutler coming to Buffalo would revolve around his cap number. If they can get him on the cheap with a contract that would be easy to walk away from after a season or two, I'd be more interested. At his current number I'd be less inclined as I don't think Cutler's leadership style (or lack thereof) would go over well in this Buffalo locker room.

He could, my personal interest in Cutler coming to Buffalo would revolve around his cap number. If they can get him on the cheap with a contract that would be easy to walk away from after a season or two, I'd be more interested. At his current number I'd be less inclined as I don't think Cutler's leadership style (or lack thereof) would go over well in this Buffalo locker room.

It would be a cap hit of around 16-17 million for the next 2 years. You might be able to get out after that.

It would be a cap hit of around 16-17 million for the next 4 years.

Waaaay too much for a guy with a propensity for inopportune turnovers. We've lived through Fitz, barely, we don't need a more expensive reprise.

If they get him to restructure or get Chicago to eat most of it, then sure.

Edited by GreggyT

Or worse because they are always playing from behind

Wins - 11 tds 2 ints

Losses - 15 tds 13 ints

Cutler just throws picks it does not matter whether they are winning or behind . Hes had the same issues the entire time hes been with the bears regardless of defense and they have fired and overhauled their entire offense around him and he still does it .