Offense is so predictable: Deion Summed it up perfectly.

1B4IDie

Deion is right, and I only wonder how long before we can see these craptastic college coaches go back to college

I've been critical of Hackett since last years Chiefs game, and now after every game more and more join the ranks.

If Whaley is smart he fires Marrone & Hackett tomorrow, and promotes Schwartz & Jim Hostler to HC & OC. Brings in Incognito while scrapping Marrone & Brandon's fubar moneyball analytic dept.

I'd rather not see EJ starting with Hacker calling plays because he will be ruined by getting injured or severely concussed.

At least Orton gets rid of the ball, and doesn't turn it over or take many sacks anymore. He is smart enough to not allow himself to be killed while completing one play.

we need to know this year what we have w/ EJ so we will know what to do in the offseason. It's irresponsible not to have a clear handle on EJ by the end of this season

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea. KC and Miami no good.

All I remember about the New England game (and they do have the leagues best pass D) was CJ fumbling at halftime and Brady and Gronk being unstoppable.

Detroit, the leagues number 1 defense, he won. And threw for 300 yards a TD and brought us back to win. Detroit is arguably the 2nd best team in football right now.

Threw and ugly pick six where he stared down Sammy. Lucky Megatron was hobbled and eventually went out, Bush went out, and a lousy kicker couldn't make a FG. On the winning drive, Sammy bailed him out with great catches on inaccurate throws. 17 points total scored in not a great performance. Try again.

they watched how KC defended and did the same thing IMO. Orton has been completely figured out. No threat to scamble, roll out, or run. They always know where the pass will be coming from, and the LBs can drop back in coverage at will knowing there's no chance he run.

Start EJ, the offense is scoring no points, it cannot get any worse. Orton is following the same trend he always does .... some good starts, and then *poof*. He is not the answer. EJ may not be either but he has a chance, and we need to KNOW NOW. AS IN THIS SEASON

Please name the game where Orton was good. DET, NE, MIN, KC, MIA are all no for me. I'd say he was clutch at DET and vs. MIN. Against the NYJ, he was pretty good in limited attempts.

The Chiefs had the #1 pass defense, and the Dolphins have the #2 pass defense. So lets play right into their strengths!!!

39 pass attempts again this week. The Bills run game had a 2.8 YPC avg, with 19 rushes for 54 yards.

I don't know what you can expect from a QB who literally has no support from his coaches or team around him. The offense and red zone offense were bad long before Orton took over.

The guy has never been an elite QB, and he still isn't. He needs help from his run game to keep the defense honest.

When the Bills have a solid O line, and run game then complain all you want about the QB. Things are only going to get worse for KO if the team has no run game.

Edited by FeartheLosing

I've seen great receivers bail the best QBS out every week. It's ridiculous how demanding we've become of the QB position in Buffalo.

He won in Detroit. Don't care what kicker missed what or who was banged up.

I think you think I'm saying he was playing at a pro bowl caliber level. I just said he was good. His 2 worst games were these last 2 and it's not close.

Teams don't figure out a guy who's been around 8 years. They figure out your crap scheme. That's the problem.

we need to know this year what we have w/ EJ so we will know what to do in the offseason. It's irresponsible not to have a clear handle on EJ by the end of this season

Do you really want to see EJ in the hands of Hacker again? I know I don't.

personally I'd prefer to wait until the Bills hire someone who actually know how to build a proper offense then the lame tool who is running it now. I'd have a different opinion if this jackass wasn't calling 40 pass plays a game while not even trying to build a power run scheme, and if the OG / O line situation wasn't so bad. The O line coach sucks too.

This moron runs a a lot against a strong run defense in the Jets who had a crippled secondary, and in the last two week throws 39-48 times against the #2 & #1 teams against the pass. Hackett is sofa king we todd ed.

Edited by FeartheLosing

The Chiefs had the #1 pass defense, and the Dolphins have the #2 pass defense. So lets play right into their strengths!!!

39 pass attempts again this week. The Bills run game had a 2.8 YPC avg, with 19 rushes for 54 yards.

I don't know what you can expect from a QB who literally has no support from his coaches or team around him. The offense and red zone offense were bad long before Orton took over.

The guy has never been an elite QB, and he still isn't. He needs help from his run game to keep the defense honest.

When the Bills have a solid O line, and run game then complain all you want about the QB. Things are only going to get worse for KO if the team has no run game.

Run game helped him quite a bit vs. KC. He failed to deliver in the RZ with clean pockets on several throws that a decent NFL QB should make.

Teams don't figure out a guy who's been around 8 years. They figure out your crap scheme. That's the problem.

EJ got figured out pretty early on as well.

Do you really want to see EJ in the hands of Hacker again? I know I don't.

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking. I like EJ. But if he gets back there behind our OLine and running Hackett Jr.'s dumb offense, he's gonna suck. So would a lot of QBs. What would we find out?

Who's going to decide anything based on the rest of this lame duck season anyway?

A case for keeping Doug Marrone is becoming harder and harder to make by the game.

Run game helped him quite a bit vs. KC. He failed to deliver in the RZ with clean pockets on several throws that a decent NFL QB should make.

While Orton was inaccurate in both games. However, I don't agree with the run game helped him quite a bit at all. considering the Bills ran it only 24 times while attempting 48 throws from Orton against the Chiefs.

This with the Bills run game averaging 5.0 YPC, and the Chiefs had the #1 pass defense in the league. The moron the Bills have calling plays worked the offense right into the strength of the opposing defense with so many passes.

Orton could have an assortment of viable reasons for not being as accurate as he should be. Still, I think its ludicrous to be forcing the QB to throw 48 times against the #1 pass defense, and 38 times against the #2 pass defense.

Its moronic.

While Orton was inaccurate in both games. However, I don't agree with the run game helped him quite a bit at all. considering the Bills ran it only 24 times while attempting 48 throws from Orton against the Chiefs.

This with the Bills run game averaging 5.0 YPC, and the Chiefs had the #1 pass defense in the league. The moron the Bills have calling plays worked the offense right into the strength of the opposing defense with so many passes.

Orton could have an assortment of viable reasons for not being as accurate as he should be. Still, I think its ludicrous to be forcing the QB to throw 48 times against the #1 pass defense, and 38 times against the #2 pass defense.

Its moronic.

KC was one of the better games from a play calling perspective for Hackett. Irrespective of playcalling, still have to hit throws when chances are there. Overall, The offensive is bad from both design and execution perspectives. It's acutely bad in the RZ.

https://vimeo.com/111813326

Dion Sanders "Unless this offense connects on the explosiveness of Sammy Watkins then . . . you can . . . you can just forget about it . . . because this offense is just so predictable."

And that about sums it up.BTW Hacket sucks

Thank you!!!

Just think Orton showed promise the first 3 wks all of a sudden he has regressed over the last 3...the coaching philosophy is NOT NFL ready!!!

Go back to the Pinstripe Bowl Mutt & Jeff...they will be better coaching on their next stint in college, err high school!!! Turrible (Charles Barkley voice)!!!

You've got 10 days until you play again. Please for the love of god, fire Hackett and get someone else in here with some skill as an OC. I know you can't revamp the entire O in 10 days, but give us a playcaller with some creativity and willingness to adjust and try and win. I know people will say the O needs to perform better and that's true, but 7 quarters without a TD, the OC is the boss of the offense, well it's time the boss is held responsible.

You've got 10 days until you play again. Please for the love of god, fire Hackett and get someone else in here with some skill as an OC. I know you can't revamp the entire O in 10 days, but give us a playcaller with some creativity and willingness to adjust and try and win. I know people will say the O needs to perform better and that's true, but 7 quarters without a TD, the OC is the boss of the offense, well it's time the boss is held responsible.

We've got about 200 days until there is a meaningful game.

Besides the lack of red zone efficiency, I was somewhat impressed by the Bills O in the first half. The offensive line was near perfect for a little over 2 quarters, then after halftime it all fell apart. We definitely picked up the blitzing in the second half, and after Orton got rattled a couple times, he just wasn't the same guy. He was pretty efficient in the first half. It was killing me seeing him have all that time to throw.

So does anyone really believe EJ Learned how to throw a football after sitting ona Bills bench for a few weeks? really?

Count me in as a doubter at best. But I like the idea. putting him in assures the putrid staff right up to Whaley is gone after this season.

you can fire Hackett, but hiring someone "new" won't do them any good mid season.

I'm not making excuses for any coach I am reiterating (again)

if a play is called and the QB misses (does not see) the open guy in the end zone 5 yards in front of him

do you blame the play called or the guy who didn't execute?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Another flash of brilliance from Neon Deion, duh. Sammy is not 100% which is likely why we have gone flat. But You have to ask why are we not developing more of our weapons like Mike WIlliams? Does he suck or is Marrone just on a power trip with him?

you can fire Hackett, but hiring someone "new" won't do them any good mid season.

I'm not making excuses for any coach I am reiterating (again)

if a play is called and the QB misses (does not see) the open guy in the end zone 5 yards in front of him

do you blame the play called or the guy who didn't execute?

It depends if the play is called is a players strength or weakness. Orton was doing well and other QBs did well last year before they "opened up the playbook". I just do not know how one can objectively look at what is going on and say there is not a problem.

Last Year:

EJ showed promise

Thad won games and came close in others

Tuel showed some flashes

This Year:

EJ benched

Thad realeased

Tuel to PS

Orton for three weeks looks good then, after more time in the system looks horrible.

I don't understand why the media doesn't ask "Hey do you coaches see this pattern"?

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

I don't understand why the media doesn't ask "Hey do you coaches see this pattern"?

I put it down to teams having current game film to study and too many passes for a guy who can only stand in the pocket because he can't mover well.

boggling is the 6 ypc on the ground. but how does one disguise the run game? other than faking it?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Another flash of brilliance from Neon Deion, duh. Sammy is not 100% which is likely why we have gone flat. But You have to ask why are we not developing more of our weapons like Mike WIlliams? Does he suck or is Marrone just on a power trip with him?

Right, so if Watkins is not 100%, you don't get Williams involved?

This is a stubborn, stubborn staff given that they have not had a lot of success.

More. I expect more. He is missing key throws and we were lucky we weren't picked off several times. The bouquets thrown around when Orton took over highlighted accurate downfield passing. Fair enough. Let's see it.

I can't disagree on the run game, but the OL has given KO time since the bye.

Cowher HC, Scwartz DC and Whiesenhunt OC = Super Bowl

I like this! Or Harbaugh at OC. Either one. Cower was interesting in the pregame. He talked only about the Bills, and knew a lot about players like Woods, Dixon, etc. that most national commentators generally ignore. Could be nothing, but I found it interesting.

Right, so if Watkins is not 100%, you don't get Williams involved?

This is a stubborn, stubborn staff given that they have not had a lot of success.

Marrone and Hackett need to be fired. the sooner the better. your right on about the stubborness. Why are they stubborn when they are not winning!@

Between Williams suddenly sucking so much that he only gets 3 plays, and Marrone on one of his power trips, I'll take Marrone on a power trip.

I like this! Or Harbaugh at OC. Either one. Cower was interesting in the pregame. He talked only about the Bills, and knew a lot about players like Woods, Dixon, etc. that most national commentators generally ignore. Could be nothing, but I found it interesting.

Cower was sucking all the Bills players off so hard I thought he was going to get chapped lips.

Where there is smoke . . .

Deion. Its freaking Deion.

Who remembers a game between the Bills and Falcons back during the glory years? Deion was playing CB for Atlanta. The game was in Buffalo.

As I recall, we won something like 38-7. Late in the game Deion picked off a pass and ran it back a long way for a touchdown. he was hot dogging and showboating for the last 10 or 15 yards into the end zone.

I will always remember that. The clown was totally about himself and his own self promotion; didn't give a rat's ass his team was being beaten into dust by the Bills.

That's Deion in my mind.

F him.

Now, having said that: our offense is horrible, it is totally predictable, and it has no imagination whatsoever.

EDIT: The game I am thinking appears to be: November 22, 1992 Atlanta Falcons Rich Stadium W 41–14 9–2

Can you guys imagine what it's like being 9 and 2 after 11 games? I forgot what that feels like.

Sad but true.

Edited by Stopthepain

Cower was sucking all the Bills players off so hard I thought he was going to get chapped lips.

Where there is smoke . . .

Because the Bills have good players. He also made it quite clear he doesn't think either Marrone or Philbin should be fired and took a pretty strong stance on it. It'd be pretty disingenuous to say that while plotting to take the gig. No chance Cower coaches again, let alone in Buffalo. JMO of course, but I feel pretty confident about that prediction.

Who remembers a game between the Bills and Falcons back during the glory years? Deion was playing CB for Atlanta. The game was in Buffalo.

As I recall, we won something like 38-7. Late in the game Deion picked off a pass and ran it back a long way for a touchdown. he was hot dogging and showboating for the last 10 or 15 yards into the end zone.

I will always remember that. The clown was totally about himself and his own self promotion; didn't give a rat's ass his team was being beaten into dust by the Bills.

That's Deion in my mind.

F him.

Now, having said that: our offense is horrible, it is totally predictable, and it has no imagination whatsoever.

EDIT: The game I am thinking appears to be: November 22, 1992 Atlanta Falcons Rich Stadium W 41–14 9–2

Can you guys imagine what it's like being 9 and 2 after 11 games? I forgot what that feels like.

Sad but true.

I was at that game.

Yes, horrible, horrible playcalling. Why they called those plays where Orton threw behind his receivers, where players fall down, where receivers drop the ball, where lineman whiff on blocks, where balls get batted at the line--these play calls suck. Why did he call them?

Those aren't plays you big dummy.