Home field "advantage"? Game forecast....

YoloinOhio

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we lose it will be because the OL can't hold up against the KC defensive front. We're going to have to be able to get Kyle the protection he needs or it will lead to a lot of 3 and outs. Trying to keep up with Jamaal Charles and Knile Davis all day will be the key for the defense. I'm not too worried about their receiving corps like I have been other opponents we have faced.

40 degrees and rain/snow mix? Now might be the perfect time to remind everyone I have two seats in the Van Miller Club I need to move for this weekend's game. The seats are covered and have the benefit of the radiant heaters.

PM me if interested!

I'm trying not to use the word doomed but with this particular matchup, KC runs the ball effectively, doesn't turn the ball over, and doesn't depend on downfield passing to move the ball. I think they have an advantage in this weather unless something miraculously turned around during the bye week with our running game. Plus Alex smith has mobility in the pocket and can gain 1st downs with his legs; not the case with Orton.

My point is that temps in the 40's and a little rain aren't really harsh conditions. Unless it's a downpour, I'm not concerned. If it is a downpour, Alex Smith possesses no magic to help himself in that situation.

For simple reason is that in the early '90s, opponents abandoned the run to keep up with K-Gun. There was nothing about stopping the run in Marv's/Corey's defensive philosophy other than lip service. It finally turned with Wade.

Marv changed his philosophy with the team around him, that's what made him a great coach. I was referring to the league philosophy 20+ years ago, it was always "run and stop the run", especially in cold weather. but you can spin it however you like...

Edited by ricojes

The only weather that has a significant effect on a game is wind......rain, cold, snow.....easier to play through than a windy day.

Agree 100% with this. In fact I think the only real weather advantage a team has is Miami in September. 100 degrees and 90% humidity sap the hell out of teams.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm not worried. 40 and some rain? No advantage to either team.

If these guys can't handle Fall weather, we're doomed.

Agreed. They should be out practicing in it as that's been the weather here for the past several days anyway. Not much different in KC so it should not be to any teams advantage. Just win baby, No excuses!

Any chance the chiefs overlook us with their upcoming game against SEA on the horizon? Possible. This is the Chiefs second consecutive road game. They may be itching to get home.

Why would they? They are practicing and putting in a game plan for the Bills. They have another week to prepare for the Seahawks. Itching to get home? They can't get home any faster. They still have to play the full game and will get home at the same time regardless.

Any chance the chiefs overlook us with their upcoming game against SEA on the horizon? Possible. This is the Chiefs second consecutive road game. They may be itching to get home.

They probably will, I wonder if they will even show up for the game. They might even plan on Russell Wilson at QB... wouldn't that be funny.

Chiefs played Jets at home last Sunday so it's not consecutive road games. By overlooking the Bills do you think the players will lineup Sunday and be thinking about Seattle?

Edited by nucci

Why would they? They are practicing and putting in a game plan for the Bills. They have another week to prepare for the Seahawks. Itching to get home? They can't get home any faster. They still have to play the full game and will get home at the same time regardless.

You're right. Teams never look past an opponent. I'm sure when the schedule came out players circled this game on the calendar. Playing the defending super bowl champions @ home next week is no big deal.

Chiefs played Jets at home last Sunday so it's not consecutive road games

You're correct, sorry for that oversight. I have no idea why I thought that game was in NY...my bad on that one.

You're right. Teams never look past an opponent. I'm sure when the schedule came out players circled this game on the calendar. Playing the defending super bowl champions @ home next week is no big deal.

You're correct, sorry for that oversight. I have no idea why I thought that game was in NY...my bad on that one.

np on that one...honest mistake...I just don't get the overlooking part...They have a whole week to prepare for the Seahawks...That's why everyone says...one game at a time......they practice for the Bills this week and Seahawks next...It's like when the Chargers played here...everyone said the Bills have an advantage because the Chargers will over look us, had a tough game the week before, have to travel cross country, have to deal with the fans and weather and will be tired...how did that work out?

You really think players actually circled dates on their calender....