Home field "advantage"? Game forecast....

YoloinOhio

High of 39, 60 percent chance of rain/snow

Our passing offense, propensity for turnovers, and difficulty running the ball have me thinking we will have more success when we are in Miami next week than home in Buffalo this week! Are we built for our own weather?

KC's offense seems much better fit for November weather at The Ralph : (

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not worried. 40 and some rain? No advantage to either team.

If these guys can't handle Fall weather, we're doomed.

I'm trying not to use the word doomed but with this particular matchup, KC runs the ball effectively, doesn't turn the ball over, and doesn't depend on downfield passing to move the ball. I think they have an advantage in this weather unless something miraculously turned around during the bye week with our running game. Plus Alex smith has mobility in the pocket and can gain 1st downs with his legs; not the case with Orton. Edited by YoloinOhio

If these guys can't handle Fall weather, we're doomed.

i'm surprised no one has mentioned the impact of daylight savings. the team will only have had a week to acclimate to that extra hour of sleep by kickoff. could be a real "x-factor."

I'm going to be sitting out in that crap. 40 degrees and rain is the absolute worst. I'd rather have 10 degrees and heavy snow. When you're wet, you're cold. It going to be a crummy weather day. Hopefully the Bills kick some butt and we don't care about the weather.

Yolo, I respectfully disagree. KC runs a quick-hitting timing offense. While they love to run the ball, they are not a smashmouth team - they rely upon precision blocking schemes and timing. Their short passing game requires precise route-running. Crappy weather is definitely to our advantage.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Unless it's extreme or deep into the season weather doesn't strike me as a big advantage for anyone. How much practice have our players had this year playing in 40 degree rain? Now if it was week 17 and it was our 4th game in heavy snow, maybe the players would be used to it and it would be an advantage to the Bills.

If anything the teams that play in really hot weather probably have the biggest weather advantage because they practice in that heat.

Yolo, I respectfully disagree. KC runs a quick-hitting timing offense. While they love to run the ball, they are not a smashmouth team - they rely upon precision blocking schemes and timing. Their short passing game requires precise route-running. Crappy weather is definitely to our advantage.

ok - that sounds better!

The '90s Bills were about stopping the run?

yes, ranked in the top 10 rushing yards against just about every year in the 90's. But i was referring to cold/bad weather games philosophy of the 90's as the title indicates.

Edited by ricojes

High of 39, 60 percent chance of rain/snow

Our passing offense, propensity for turnovers, and difficulty running the ball have me thinking we will have more success when we are in Miami next week than home in Buffalo this week! Are we built for our own weather?

KC's offense seems much better fit for November weather at The Ralph : (

Our offense isn't, but our defense is.

yes, ranked in the top 10 rushing yards against just about every year in the 90's. But i was referring to cold/bad weather games philosophy of the 90's as the title indicates.

For simple reason is that in the early '90s, opponents abandoned the run to keep up with K-Gun. There was nothing about stopping the run in Marv's/Corey's defensive philosophy other than lip service. It finally turned with Wade.