What show to start?

The Underdog

On 7/18/2015 at 4:43 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

just started Humans, pretty good so far but that is to be expected from AMC

Started watching Humans last night.   Had to do 5 episodes, just couldn't stop.   If you like Westworld I have to believe you will like this.  I actually think the plot is a bit better for Humans. 

This Punisher series is less about vengeance and more about a mentality broken man. Actually everyone in the story is mentality broken in some way, and the show is really about how they all dealing with it differently.

The killing portions are almost as much of a relief for the viewer as they are for Frank. Which is a weird feeling.

Pacing is a bit lacking at times, but 6 episodes in and I'm digging it.

I was looking for something to watch that I wouldn't get too involved with and came across a show called Comrade Detective.  It is Romanian from the early 80's before the fall of communism.   I find it very amusing.  I never realized how bad us capitalists were.   If you decide to try it, watch at least the first two episodes.   In the second episode you find out that Monopoly was used to brain wash children into the capitalist system.

7 hours ago, Joe Miner said:

Godless on Netflix was interesting.  Very slow, but interesting.  Not really sure it sets itself up for a season 2, but you never know.

Probably not going to be another from what I have heard. Was always supposed to be a limited series with distinct beginning, middle and end. Sometimes like 13 Reasons Why they become so popular they decide to expand them anyway (usually to horrid results). But the filmmakers seem to think this one deserves to just end and remain as is.

10 hours ago, Joe Miner said:

Season 2 of Frontier is now on Netflix as well.

Just finished that actually :)

For those not familiar, set in late 18th/early 19th century northern canada and the cutthroat fur trade business

Main character Declan Harp is played by Jason Mamoa, also known as the current Aquaman, Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones, Conan from a remake, and Ronan Dax from Stargate Atlantas

Those of you familiar with SGA will defintely recognize Mamoa because the Declan Harp character is bassically the same character as Ronan Dax but set in a different time and place

Saw an ad for Knightsfall today, premieres tonight on History. Here is the description from USA today. Sounds like if you liked Vikings early, as I did, may like this.

Going to be hard to see the dude who played Carson in Downton Abbey in any other role, but will DVR and give it a chance

History is taking another dive into scripted programming, going medieval with Knightfall, which premieres tonight. Like the channel's Vikings, Knightfall is violent and focuses on a group of historical warriors, this time putting the spotlight on the Knights Templar from the Middle Ages. Starring Tom Cullen (Downton Abbey) as the Knights' leader Landry, the series tracks the Knights on their quest for the Holy Grail. 

Edited by plenzmd1

They kicked Rooster off of "The Ranch" new season comes out next week...that show was perfect for some mindless laugh after a few drinks. I hope Sam Elliot can make it worth my while! 

Just finished Stranger Things, I liked season two even better than the 1st. Well done show.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The Punisher is awesome!!!

Ahhh crap, that’s what I should have watched tonight. I’m about halfway through it. So far, I wish I could get a bit more that’s like he prison fight from daredevil season 2. 

• 2 weeks later...