Worst day for the Bills possible, considering they didn't play.

1) They're not going to catch the Patriots. Well, not unless both Brady and Gronkowski go down to injury.

2) The Fish look to be impressive, just crushing SD.

3) The Browns and Steelers keep on winning.

Could it have gotten any worse for the Bills this week? Sheesh.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) They're not going to catch the Patriots. Well, not unless both Brady and Gronkowski go down to injury.

Miami's crushing of SD was impressive, as was the NE win.

but they fell flat on the following games. Last week it took turnovers on D for them to beat the Jaguars

so it comes down to which team the Bills face in 10 - 11 days

from what I heard the Browns snuck out a win ... so I'm still concerned, but not worried,

If there is a positive it is that I think the two teams who were in the race who held tie breaks over us (San Diego and Houston) both lost. Houston look nailed on for 7-9 or 8-8 to me and given their injuries and remaining schedule it is going to take something very special for San Diego to recover from yesterday and end up better than (at absolute best) 9-7. I think 8-8 is more likely.

The teams who I believe we are competing with are the Chiefs, the Dolphins and the AFC North. We get a chance to put ourselves in prime position with wins over the Chiefs, the Dolphins and the Browns..... it is still there for us if we want to take it.

There's a long way to go but MIA over SD could end up being a good thing...

God i hate the Patriots. Just when you think the Patriots are in for it with the following teams, Broncos (Destroyed by the Cheatriots), Colts (killed last week against the steelers), Lions (Barely beats the Falcons), Packers, and Chargers (Killed by the Dolphins).

I was excited as I expected the Broncos to be 7-1, Patriots 6-3, and facing four tough teams in the next month.

Now, I'm not sure we can keep up. If we beat the these teams over the next month, 3 of them are 5-3 now.

We are half way through the season. The one thing you can count on is change. For the most part, the teams that were playing at a high level at the beginning of the year are not the same ones that are playing at a high level now - and who knows which ones will be playing at a high level throughout the rest of the season. You can rarely say which teams are a lock to win their divisions at mid-season, or even to make the playoffs. In the end, the Bills are currently 5-3 and if they are going to win the division or get a wild card spot, they are going to have to play better in the second half than they did in the first half. If they do, they will be successful and in the hunt for a division title or a wild card spot, regardless of what other teams do.

I live in Southern California and the Chargers defense has been in a downward spiral the last three games, especially the last two. The Bills played them when they were firing on all cylinders. If Orton had been the QB the Bills would have beat them. We will find out if the Bills are contenders over the next few weeks when they go head to head with the teams they are locked in a playoff battle with.

It's one game of 16. Can't overreact

Pats looked good. Crazy that people buried them at 2-2. And we smoked the Fins. But good for them for sticking with their young QB despite the media and most fans wanting to bench him. And the Jets are hot garbage.

Wanna bet? :rolleyes:

Actually I have quite the opposite opinion. No excuses for the media now. If the Bills run the table or close in November and win most in December, which they will need to do to have a shot at the WC, no one will be able to say the Bills backed into it. The teams they are playing, are playing well (except the NYets and Raiders of course).

That means no excuses for the Bills either. Just win baby. Put up or shut up. Win and you are in. You get two gifts, but you will have to earn the rest.

Edited by CodeMonkey

1) Then take out Brady and Gronk. Look screw the BS, injure both of them. Its time to take back the division

2) Who gives a ****? We monkey stomped them at home. They can't match up with us and I saw we sweep Miami this year.

3) We will beat the Browns at home, Steelers... Ben is on fire, but that OL cant match up with our DL.

Bottom line, Brady needs to be rushed, and you have to play press coverage on his guys. I keep seeing (including us) NOT Rushing Brady and NOT pressing Gronk off the Line.

1) Then take out Brady and Gronk. Look screw the BS, injure both of them. Its time to take back the division

2) Who gives a ****? We monkey stomped them at home. They can't match up with us and I saw we sweep Miami this year.

3) We will beat the Browns at home, Steelers... Ben is on fire, but that OL cant match up with our DL.

Bottom line, Brady needs to be rushed, and you have to play press coverage on his guys. I keep seeing (including us) NOT Rushing Brady and NOT pressing Gronk off the Line.

Good god I sure hope you are kidding. It's !@#$ing football man, not life or death.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Miami's crushing of SD was impressive, as was the NE win.

but they fell flat on the following games. Last week it took turnovers on D for them to beat the Jaguars

so it comes down to which team the Bills face in 10 - 11 days

from what I heard the Browns snuck out a win ... so I'm still concerned, but not worried,

To be fair to Cleveland, they've been "sneaking" out wins all season....other terms it could be said, they are "finding" ways to win...Cleveland will be a tough one.

I was surprised -- as I'm sure everyone was -- at how thoroughly the Fish thumped SD, but I wasn't surprised they won. SD has been doing it with smoke and mirrors and I believe injuries are catching up to them.

Losses by SD, Baltimore, and Houston were all helpful to the Bills. While a Jets upset of KC would have been nice, it's not a bad thing that the Jets are essentially dead and buried. They will likely lose to Pittsburgh next week, Ryan will either be fired or on life support during the bye week, and we'll have a lame duck team coming into RWS.

Kansas City handled the Jets but didn't look particularly scary. They have a good team but I would hope the Bills are supremely motivated this week.

Unlike most, I'm not giving up hope on a division title. Sure, the Pats* are playing well, but remember just two weeks ago they barely squeaked by the Jets at home. If the Bills can win their division games and stay one back, that last game of the season will be something else.

I'm calling it now...barring a ridiculous spate of key injuries the Bills will be 11-4 heading into Foxboro.