I thought EJ was going to mop up

bmur66

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. EJ shouldn't ever see the field for us again. Cut his ass in the offseason, draft a guy worth a damn in the 2nd and let him sit. EJ has shown he does NOT have it in the NFL. Same issues in HS, to College now to the pros. Is issues you just can't change

To finish your post...."on another team"

Did EJ date your sister or something? Just dont understand your hate for what is now a BACKUP QB

No. EJ shouldn't ever see the field for us again. Cut his ass in the offseason, draft a guy worth a damn in the 2nd and let him sit. EJ has shown he does NOT have it in the NFL. Same issues in HS, to College now to the pros. Is issues you just can't change

Same issues in high school? That's awesome. How about pee wee? Was the lack of NFL caliber footwork apparent there too??

He's going to get another shot somewhere. If he figures out how to put it all together he might even land a starting job again... I'd still take him over geno.

With geno and vick being considered the worst qbs wouldnt that make EJ the best back up QB in the league? You want us to just cut the best backup QB in the league with a starter who is a statue, a tough SOB, but he cant move.

Even if we draft a stud qb I wouldnt mind EJ staying on as a number 2 for the next 10 years. Good escapability, doesn't turn the ball over excessively, will keep you in games, and about .500 as a starter. All solid qualities of a back up.

And that HS jab is BS..

Under the unspoken rules of the NFL, it would have been disrespectful to put EJ in to mop up. Disrespectful to the Jets. To Orton. Most of all, to EJ, who needs to get past this time and get his head back around the idea that he's a starter, not a mopper-upper.

I really think the Bills' plan is to let Orton play this year and next, while EJ sits and watches like Aaron Rogers did, and then let him take over.

Under the unspoken rules of the NFL, it would have been disrespectful to put EJ in to mop up. Disrespectful to the Jets. To Orton. Most of all, to EJ, who needs to get past this time and get his head back around the idea that he's a starter, not a mopper-upper.

I really think the Bills' plan is to let Orton play this year and next, while EJ sits and watches like Aaron Rogers did, and then let him take over.

A fair point

I don't know if Orton will be around next year. He's got an option to void next year and hit the market, and he'll probably do that if the Bills have a decent season. To re-sign him will cost a ton.

I didn't realize he had the option to opt out. He really did have us by the short hairs. Who is his agent? He seems to come out smelling like roses at every turn! I thought he wanted to "retire" but still kept the signing bonus. Now he's got us where he wants us again!

As for putting EJ in, I'm shocked that so many people thought of this and it never crossed my mind. I wouldn't muddy the water at this point.

I don't know if Orton will be around next year. He's got an option to void next year and hit the market, and he'll probably do that if the Bills have a decent season. To re-sign him will cost a ton.

Why wouldn't he stay? We can pay him. He's very successful with this team. He can be the starter like he always wanted. Leaving makes no sense.

Why wouldn't he stay? We can pay him. He's very successful with this team. He can be the starter like he always wanted. Leaving makes no sense.

I mostly agree, but I worry that he has a way of turning a nice pay check into even more money. What is he worth in the minds of our FO, and what's he worth to someone else. I hope he doesn't think he's worth Peyton type money, and some fool out there agrees. (I realize that's hyperbole, but you get the point, I hope.)

Kelly, he meant Manuel not Geno!

Orton has found his home Doc.

mark my words. Whether he is the starter two years from now ? That i dont know. Lets hope not actually. No knock on him whatsoever.

He is appearing to to be an asset to the whole team as the veteran and a leader. I dont see why Bills dont pay him fairly to transition and stay onboard. He could probably fend off EJ another season ; )

Edited by 3rdand12

I mostly agree, but I worry that he has a way of turning a nice pay check into even more money. What is he worth in the minds of our FO, and what's he worth to someone else. I hope he doesn't think he's worth Peyton type money, and some fool out there agrees. (I realize that's hyperbole, but you get the point, I hope.)

He could have done that by staying the backup in Dallas. He wanted to play, that's why he is in Buffalo. Unless the wheels absolutely fall off I think KO has found his "right fit". Highly doubt he is going anywhere.

He could have done that by staying the backup in Dallas. He wanted to play, that's why he is in Buffalo. Unless the wheels absolutely fall off I think KO has found his "right fit". Highly doubt he is going anywhere.

I hope you're right and he wants to be here. But, I think the math works out that he's better off keeping all his signing bonus plus his Bill salary. (I could definitely be wrong on that.) If he wanted to play so badly, why was he so reluctant to sign? If we add some guards it's hard to imagine a better situation.