Will Brandon & company take advantage of Pegula being soft?

Hearing Pegula speak leads me to believe he is a very nice guy and could be played.I hope he does not fall for these three stooges and there kissing-up to the owner to keep there jobs.My conclusion is Whaley should stick around at least one more year, Brandon should stay on the business/maketing side of operations(hire football man) and Marrone should be fired if team fails again on not making the playoffs.(Unlike other teams this one does have talent).Yes I know Pegula has made billions and is a world class businessman, I just do not trust Brandon (Kool-Aid salesmen) and hired Marrone from football powerhouse Syracuse.

Edited by Niagara Dude

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Brandon already has a new title. He's only marketing now. Whaley likely stays on another year. If marrone gets into the playoffs or above .500 I think he gets another year.

Marrone might be put on the spot with his coaching staff though.

Hearing Pegula speak leads me to believe he is a very nice guy and could be soft.I hope he does not fall for these three stooges and there kissing-up to the owner to keep there jobs.My conclusion is Whaley should stick around at least one more year, Brandon should move and disappear to business/maketing side of operations(hire football man) and Marrone should be fired if team fails again on not making the playoffs.(Unlike other teams this one does have talent).

What makes you think the guy is soft?

He made a huge pile in business...successful businessmen are not usually soft. Just because someone isn't a Trump-like bloviating jerk in public doesn't make them soft.

Thought Brandon was already marketing.

Edited by Hopeful

These threads make me laugh. They are so incredibly uninformed and they continue to pop up everywhere. The Bills are in the best position that they have been in for more than a decade. There is way more talent on the field then there was before Buddy Nix got here. They took a completely empty cupboard and filled it. They still have holes as all teams do but if you don't think that the Bills are in a WAY better place than they were 7 (or whatever) years ago, you are crazy.

Soft is the wrong word, he was maybe too much of a fan at first with the Sabres, and a little too loyal to the wrong people. It was also hard to think of firing Darcy/Lindy when the team made a run after he took over in 2011. His mistake was not moving them both out after the team fell apart in 2012. That decision may have cost them almost a decade, but could also lead to them getting Connor McRebuild if they're lucky at draft time.As he said in his Bills press conference he now realizes that things and decisions need to be made much faster in sports than in the business world. If Marrone makes it to 9-7 he will probably survive but be forced to make some staff changes....probably. If they come up short 8-8 or worse, he should be gone.

These threads make me laugh. They are so incredibly uninformed and they continue to pop up everywhere. The Bills are in the best position that they have been in for more than a decade. There is way more talent on the field then there was before Buddy Nix got here. They took a completely empty cupboard and filled it. They still have holes as all teams do but if you don't think that the Bills are in a WAY better place than they were 7 (or whatever) years ago, you are crazy.

The Pegula honeymoon is already over. Time for a new owner. Anyone have Trump's phone number?

Agreed. Better talent on the field though we need to 'win.' Better bottom line/resources off the field. Not to mention the 'moving' monkey off our back.

Jason LaCanfora has reported that the Pegulas will hire a consultant to review the organization. I'm expecting they won't do that and then ignore the consultant's recommendations. Contrast that with TPegs not doing that when he bought the Sabres, allowing Regier to remain in place until it was obvious he couldn't get the job done.

Changes are coming and I don't think TPegs is soft. They already admitted that the financial people had too much sway in the front office, hence the move to separate football from finance.

Jason LaCanfora has reported that the Pegulas will hire a consultant to review the organization. I'm expecting they won't do that and then ignore the consultant's recommendations. Contrast that with TPegs not doing that when he bought the Sabres, allowing Regier to remain in place until it was obvious he couldn't get the job done.

Changes are coming and I don't think TPegs is soft. They already admitted that the financial people had too much sway in the front office, hence the move to separate football from finance.

If by "financial people" you mean the guy that was the acting owner then you are correct. Obviously, an active owner will take back the ownership duties.

Exactly Kirby...

Sometimes I worry that reading this board is leading to a slow decrease in my overall intelligence...

And God knows I can't afford that... ;)

I never felt that way in the old days...Maybe I'm just getting old and bitter...Wait...I need to yell at some kids to get off my lawn...brb... B-)

I get the sense that the difference we'll see between the Sabres and Bills is that Pegs is a huge hockey fan and has followed the Savews closely, and probably thought he knew enough to run them how he wanted. I don't think he's near the football/Bills fan, and that he learned something from the Sabres sitch, and is going to do it right this time and hire a consultant.

This x1000!

Hearing Pegula speak leads me to believe he is a very nice guy and could be soft.I hope he does not fall for these three stooges and there kissing-up to the owner to keep there jobs.My conclusion is Whaley should stick around at least one more year, Brandon should move and disappear to business/maketing side of operations(hire football man) and Marrone should be fired if team fails again on not making the playoffs.(Unlike other teams this one does have talent).

No dude that gets to his level of success in business is ever soft. He likely will give people the benefit of the doubt, but once his mind is made up he acts swiftly and decisively...see the Ruff/Regier/LaFontaine situations

If by "financial people" you mean the guy that was the acting owner then you are correct. Obviously, an active owner will take back the ownership duties.

I get the feeling he may have been referring to littman and overdorf along with Russ.

He ain't soft when it comes to destroying the Pennsylvania environment and people who live there, but he might be soft when it comes to sports. He seems a little overwhelmed being around athletes and the national sports media. So far anyway. Might take him awhile, but he'll soon be ripping his boys a new one if they continue to flounder.