Casserly: Sammy is the NFL Offensive ROY through Week 7

I want Sammy to win, obviously. But Cowboys rookie OG Zack Martin has to be in this conversation. The kid has been an absolute beast, and has a chance to be an all-pro this year, IMO. I realize, however, that "skill position" players are the ones who win this award. Love to see Sammy getting this recognition. He is truly elite.

I want Sammy to win, obviously. But Cowboys rookie OG Zack Martin has to be in this conversation. The kid has been an absolute beast, and has a chance to be an all-pro this year, IMO. I realize, however, that "skill position" players are the ones who win this award. Love to see Sammy getting this recognition. He is truly elite.

I think DeMarco Murray and Romo agree with you.

Its a shame linemen dont get more recognition . league should go out of its way to help that along. Its not like there isn't room. About half the ROW candidates have fairly ho-him games for talent positions .... like RBs with 72 yards total.

Its a shame linemen dont get more recognition . league should go out of its way to help that along. Its not like there isn't room. About half the ROW candidates have fairly ho-him games for talent positions .... like RBs with 72 yards total.

Left Tackles do get some, not so much Right Tackles and Centers, and almost never Guards. If there's one thing this season has taught me, is that Guards are a lot more important than I used to think. Why they don't get more recognition is quite strange to me.

Remember when Casserly was the joke of the league for picking Mario over Reggie Bush and Vince Young.

Yeah, that happened..

Mario was the consensus #1 that year. Who said he was a joke for that pick?

OGs are a dime a dozen. Just ask the Bills.

Remember when Casserly was the joke of the league for picking Mario over Reggie Bush and Vince Young.

Yeah, that happened..

Didn't Casserly also make the Redskin QB pick in the early 90's (The guy who is a Congressman in Tennessee now).

Mario was the consensus #1 that year. Who said he was a joke for that pick?

"Reggie Bush Sweepstakes" - he was supposed to be the next Gale Sayers and was a shoo-in to be the #1 pick. The people of Houston also wanted Vince Young, after that amazing NCG, and because he's from Houston:

http://sportsagentblog.com/2006/04/28/what-went-wrong-in-the-reggie-bush-sweepstakes/

And, how about right on Casserly's wikipedia page:

Mario Williams, who many criticized for being the #1 overall pick in 2006 (behind college standouts Reggie Bush and Vince Young), made the Pro Bowl in the 2008 season.

I don't listen to Jim Rome anymore, but I did at the time, and the whole theme of the show the next day, and probably more days, was what a clownass pick it was, complete with emails from Sam Bouie saying "Great pick."

"Reggie Bush Sweepstakes" - he was supposed to be the next Gale Sayers and was a shoo-in to be the #1 pick. The people of Houston also wanted Vince Young, after that amazing NCG, and because he's from Houston:

http://sportsagentbl...sh-sweepstakes/

And, how about right on Casserly's wikipedia page:

Mario Williams, who many criticized for being the #1 overall pick in 2006 (behind college standouts Reggie Bush and Vince Young), made the Pro Bowl in the 2008 season.

I don't listen to Jim Rome anymore, but I did at the time, and the whole theme of the show the next day, and probably more days, was what a clownass pick it was, complete with emails from Sam Bouie saying "Great pick."

Interesting.

Interestingly if EJ was still the QB there would be little to no talk of Sammy as ROY, as he's had some phenomenal catches with Orton. I hope it just keeps getting better.

This week if our line can hold off that front four Sammy will have a good game against the Jets secondary. Urbik better improve the left side. On the right, they can keep Summers for max protection on pass plays as he's a good blocker.

Interestingly if EJ was still the QB there would be little to no talk of Sammy as ROY, as he's had some phenomenal catches with Orton. I hope it just keeps getting better.

This week if our line can hold off that front four Sammy will have a good game against the Jets secondary. Urbik better improve the left side. On the right, they can keep Summers for max protection on pass plays as he's a good blocker.

sammy should win ROY for the simple fact that he had a 100yd game catching EJ's passes with broken ribs.

Somehow my guts says that the Bills are going to run the football and run it effectively and depend less on the passing game.

seriously you EJ haters need to let it go,

HOW many one handed catches did SW make in summer camp day after day. Where are those same type catches in real games?

I thought he could have done it when he grabbed for the ball on the final drive where Orton threw it behind him. If not for Sammy sticking his hand out and preventing a (95%) sure INT the game would have been over,

Go ahead call me a KO hater. It is what it is, the pass was off and Sammy saved the game. (twice)

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

seriously you EJ haters need to let it go,

HOW many one handed catches did SW make in summer camp day after day. Where are those same type catches in real games?

I thought he could have done it when he grabbed for the ball on the final drive where Orton threw it behind him. If not for Sammy sticking his hand out and preventing a (95%) sure INT the game would have been over,

Go ahead call me a KO hater. It is what it is, the pass was off and Sammy saved the game. (twice)

2-1!!!!!

playing the NYETS on the road won't be easy. it hardly seems that way these past 5 - 10 years.

you better pray KO makes it 3-1 and not 2-2.

fixed it I stand corrected

http://www.footballd...eamvsteam?opp=4

WTF recently they win in Jersey and lose in Buffalo????????

So you aren't hoping for 3-1? Are you sure you're a Bills fan?

you made a funny ha ha

Why is it I can't criticize Orton yet everyone can criticize EJ?

a bad pass is still that, so are weekly INT's, fumbles and excessive sacks.

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-york-jets/teamvsteam?opp=4

funny ha ha

Why is it I can't criticize Orton yet everyone can criticize EJ?

Because you don't criticize, you harp. You don't listen to anyone, but plug your ears when someone refutes what you had to say. You constantly use really awful logic to harp on KO. You make statements like, "you better hope Orton wins the next game," as though what really matters to you is some QB controversy that you've invented in your own head, rather than the overall record of the Bills. And lastly, you attempt to turn every thread into an EJ vs. Orton thread, which was unbearable last year when it was EJ vs. whoever, and is still unbearable now.

That's why.

Edited by FireChan

like the orton fans don't listen either?

Huh? You make the same points over and over that are readily apparent to anyone with eyes. "He turns the ball over sometimes." We get it. We do. You've been heard. That's enough.

so when Orton does something bad I can't complain?

got it

Exactly. In the Sammy Watkins ROW thread you aren't allowed to complain about Orton. You're learning!

Huh? You make the same points over and over that are readily apparent to anyone with eyes. "He turns the ball over sometimes." We get it. We do. You've been heard. That's enough.

and many make their argument over and over that Orton is a HUGE improvement.

FWIW . I'm trying to stop "harping" on the EJ Vs KO debate.

Orton is Fitz with significantly less mobility, but significantly more arm strength.

And I don't say that to diminish Orton, because I think our defense is good enough that they would've coasted into the playoffs with Fitz at the helm this year, and maybe even last. I just see a lot of the same tendencies: Charismatic leader, accuracy issues, tendency to unwisely try fitting the ball into very small areas.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Orton is Fitz with significantly less mobility, but significantly more arm strength.

And I don't say that to diminish Orton, because I think our defense is good enough that they would've coasted into the playoffs with Fitz at the helm this year, and maybe even last. I just see a lot of the same tendencies: Charismatic leader, accuracy issues, tendency to unwisely try fitting the ball into very small areas.

careful now.... you don't want to upset the apple cart. ;) ;)

What I have been trying to say is that - when I want an upgrade over the young EJ I want it to be BIG. like someone with a 4 to 1 TD to INT ratio, less than 2 sacks a game (meaning mobility) and zero fumbles.

careful now.... you don't want to upset the apple cart. ;) ;)

What I have been trying to say is that - when I want an upgrade over the young EJ I want it to be BIG. like someone with a 4 to 1 TD to INT ratio, less than 2 sacks a game (meaning mobility) and zero fumbles.

Who's available that will provide that? Are you seriously complaining over and over because you won't be happy until we have a Russell Wilson/Peyton Manning hybrid QB?