Announcers for Bills/Jets game

The announcers from FOX yesterday were so bad I had to mute. I think they were on Vikes payroll.

If your tv audio has a center channel, try turning it off. When I do this, the announcers get muted while the sounds of the stadium remain - so it is kinda like being there. You may have to turn down the subwoofer a bit too.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The announcers from FOX yesterday were so bad I had to mute. I think they were on Vikes payroll.

or illicit drugs.

for those of out of the Buffalo TV market, do you know where it will be carried?

www.the506.com. Also, the Bills App has a "radio button" so you can listen to the game that way, but it is delayed about 20 seconds, so if you are listening to it on the App, don't be looking at your TV or elsewhere for scores or you'll find out what happened in advance !

I will miss the Fox robot. Some 1990's nostalgia.

Edited by RyanC883

How do you sync up the tv with the radio broadcast?

I usually have Sirius on because it is on the money and doesn't fade or skip. I'll usually find a pirate stream if I am watching the game and it usually lags a second or so after the radio and the shoutbox so I can keep an eye on what happens.

Some times I get lucky and have a very fast pirate stream and will play that and play a second pirate stream that is behind to get replays, basically of what is going on. Plus the radio, plus my tablet on NFL.com tracker once even my phone doing play by play.

Best way I found is to ditch my DTV and just use the built in tuner for my tv. Still get the same OTA HD quality about 5 seconds faster. The radio might be ahead by a half a second but not enough to really make you have to wait.

If your tv audio has a center channel, try turning it off. When I do this, the announcers get muted while the sounds of the stadium remain - so it is kinda like being there. You may have to turn down the subwoofer a bit too.

I miss being able to do this. Although I do like having a 10x12 office with a 1000 watt surround sound system and no one on either side of me.

Yea Branden Ayanbadejo was beyond awful. He kept contradicting himself in the same sentence and just had no idea what he was talking about. Really embarrassing for a pro sports telecast.

I thought ronde barber was worst I'd seen, then ayanbadejo comes along and outdoes him. You have to wonder how he even got that job. Is there really no one else more qualified?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Thank God it's not Marv Albert. It seems like every year he does Bills-Jets and it's torturous.

Every time Albert does a Bills-NJJ game he makes a point of saying the Jets are really a New York team. He's a homer who can't face up to the facts that they play in a different state.

The announcers yesterday, like all the Fox announcers we've endured this year, know the NFC teams and players much better than they do the AFC. I'm sure the AFC announcers aren't as good when they do NFC games.

But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Who among us would NOT watch a Bills game because the announcers were bad? It could be Fran Drescher calling the game and Sarah Palin doing color, and I would still watch.

I would seriously drop some coin for a radio that could be paused for just this useage. The radio broadcast is usually 5-7 seconds ahead of the TV feed. Somebody invent one quick, I'll be your first customer.

Just a thought. You'll need a DVR and a CPU. Stream the audio online which should have a 30-40 second delay. Pause the DVR at the whistle of the opening kickoff. You should be good to go. Keep in mind that the internet feed can vary at times through the game, but I found this most effective.

Announcers are primarily background noise as far as I'm concerned. FOX, CBS, NBC, ESPN, NFLN......WGAS!

Glad to hear that, I was thinking it was just me. I pay very little attention to them, but I hate watching in a bar where I can't hear news about injuries, etc. Very few are actually insightful, but some are more annoying than others.

Oh good lord, revenge of the super homers :)

I really don't get this and hear it a lot. Don't you want your hometown announcers to be homers? And it's actually much worse for a lot of other teams. Some team announcers clap and cheer while doing the broadcast. Watching the White Sox this summer, their announcers say things like, we need a big hit here, or we need a strike out. It's like a fan is broadcasting the game. To me, that is over the top. Murph and Kelso are pro-Bills for sure, but not that bad. RJ for the Sabres is a little more of a homer, but that's what I want to hear. Maybe it's just me, but that's exactly what i would expect from home town announcers and I enjoy it.

The radio broadcast is usually 5-7 seconds ahead of the TV feed.

I've taken to listening to the Bills radio broadcast when I can only because they at least tell me about injuries and know the players. In the past there used to be the 5-7 second delay which made listening to radio and watching tv simultaneously nearly impossible. This year the Bears game and the Vikings game were in sync with the radio and tv. The others, if I remember correctly, had the delay with the radio being ahead about 5+ seconds. I don't love Murph and Kelso as nary is heard a discouraging word but I like the broadcast geared toward those who know the team.

So, does anyone know which is "first" (i.e., less of a delay) -- the DirecTV Sunday Ticket feed or an online streaming WGR feed? If the DTV feed has more lag I may try the pause/sync thing this Sunday.

The Sunday Ticket Satellite feed is a couple of minutes ahead of the WGR online feed from my experience.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

So then were would I find the radio feed as I'm also out of state?? I have DTV ST for the video part.

You likely have to stream it online -- the WGR website, SiriusXM satellite radio, and TuneIn are all options. I have a Sonos system at my house so I plan on trying either the SiriusXM or TuneIn feeds through that.