Minnesotas FG before halftime

50 seconds on the clock and the Bills have two timeouts. Marrone elects to let the vikings run the clock down.

Meanwhile, im screaming at the TV for him to call a timout. If Walsh misses the kick we get the ball at the 45ish yardline with 50 seconds and 1 timeout to move down the field. Bad coaching. Even if he makes it we stil have time to go down the field from our own 20

Anyone else go nuts about this?

Edited by TallskiWallski83

50 seconds on the clock and the Bills have two timeouts. Marrone elects to let the vikings run the clock down.

Meanwhile, im screaming at the TV for him to call a timout. If Walsh misses the kick we get the ball at the 45ish yardline with 50 seconds and 1 timeout to move down the field. Bad coaching. Even if he makes it we stil have time to go down the field from our own 20

I have to believe we all did. The game day thread was on fire.

Yeah, I was like WTF??? Horrible clock management...instead of having 40ish seconds and 1 TO left even if we got the ball after he made it, we instead have 13 seconds and 2 timeouts. Stupid, stupid, stupid

Fresh from an interception and getting the ball back in the second half after a horrendous 1st half I didn't have a problem with it. I sure didn't feel like we were going to waltz into FG territory with so little time left on the clock had they missed the FG.

Fresh from an interception and getting the ball back in the second half after a horrendous 1st half I didn't have a problem with it. I sure didn't feel like we were going to waltz into FG territory with so little time left on the clock had they missed the FG.

The bad call was when it was fourth down and you knew they were going to kick a FG. I didn't mind at all up until that point. If he kicks the FG you probably kneel down. But if he misses the FG, which was what, 55 yards on a windy day? We get the ball on the 45 with time for several plays.

yep. another situation that really annoyed me is when Minnesota punted and pinned the bills to the 7 yard but they had an illegal formation penalty and instead of making Minnesota re-punt 5 yards back from roughly the 33 he chooses to add the 5 yards a the end of the play to go to the 12... like really??

yep. another situation that really annoyed me is when Minnesota punted and pinned the bills to the 7 yard but they had an illegal formation penalty and instead of making Minnesota re-punt 5 yards back from roughly the 33 he chooses to add the 5 yards a the end of the play to go to the 12... like really??

I didn't like that call either. Not a no brainer. Teams can often kick inside the 12. But I would have made them kick again. Their punter was a little shaky, and I believe that was the way the wind was pretty weird.

I didn't like that call either. Not a no brainer. Teams can often kick inside the 12. But I would have made them kick again. Their punter was a little shaky, and I believe that was the way the wind was pretty weird.

Marv always said to take the ball on calls like this. Possession is critical and you have the ball now. They kick over, maybe we have a penalty or something else bad happens. You got the ball, keep it.

Yes.

almost had a seizure on this one

These end of half gaffes are way too common with this coaching staff. It's not a coincidence, it's mis-managing the game.

Marv always said to take the ball on calls like this. Possession is critical and you have the ball now. They kick over, maybe we have a penalty or something else bad happens. You got the ball, keep it.

Marv Levy was out-coached in 4 Super Bowls, and while I liked him alright as a coach, I wouldn't consider his quotes to be "gospel".

How did YOU feel about it, Marv isn't here...

The first man to touch the ball was out of bounds and came back in, which was a 5 yard penalty, illegal touch, no option to re-kick. I can understand why you were so angry.