The all Sam Bradford thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that worries me is St. Louis doesn't have a better option (unless they are sold on Austin Davis).

This isn't a similar situation to San Diego with Brees and Rivers. St. Louis knows him better than anyone else, if they are actively putting him on the block that's all the red flags I need to see.

This is going to end badly. His knee is shot and the Rams know it.

Id assume the trade would be contingent on him passing a Bills physical AND also contingent on him restructuring his contract and signing an extension.

Edited by DrDareustein

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--bills-eyeing-qb-sam-bradford-184954525.html

The Buffalo Bills are pursuing a trade for St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford, multiple league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Sounds interesting, but what could they trade of value to get Bradford.

Buffalo has promising young talent in the receiving corps, led by second-year player Sammy Watkins and third-year player Robert Woods, but a league source indicates Bills head coach Rex Ryan and offensive coordinator Greg Roman aren't sold on EJ Manuel as a viable starter and believe Bradford can maximize the value of their wide receivers and help them win now.

This doesn't sound like EJ has much future in Buffalo. NFL does really mean not for long.

How do we as fans feel about Bradford if it happens. Remember, he is 28 years old too.

Passing Fumbles Year Team G QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds Y/G Y/A TD Int Fum FumL 2010 StL 16 76.5 354 590 60.0 3512 219.5 6.0 18 15 7 2 2011 StL 10 70.5 191 357 53.5 2164 216.4 6.1 6 6 10 7 2012 StL 16 82.6 328 551 59.5 3702 231.4 6.7 21 13 7 1 2013 StL 7 90.9 159 262 60.7 1687 241.0 6.4 14 4 3 1 Totals 49 79.3 1032 1760 58.6 11065 225.8 6.3 59 38 27 11

Maybe it might be good for us. It looks like Rex and Doug are going to be really aggressive in pursuit, which is something that lacked under Ralph under the last 5-10 years. Maybe the Pegulas told them they want to win now too!

If true...this does not suprise me at all.....

This is the new bills......and they are going to find that QB one way or the other

This would worry me John. Pegula took over the Sabres and just spent money like crazy. They missed terribly on free agents and now have to tank to rebuild their teams.

If a team thinks a guy can be a franchise QB, they aren't going to move him, no matter the price. If (and who knows with these reports) the Rams trade Bradford, they don't think he is good. That worries me.

I think they may like Austin davis

They benched him for 48 year old Shaun Hill.

I don't think StL really wants to trade him, however, they do want him to take a pay cut/restructure. If he doesn't agree they may need to, plus he's a FA next year.

@spotrac: Sam Bradfords $12.985M cap would nearly cut the #Bills $30.4M cap space in half. Traded likely comes with a restructured/extension.

I think they may like Austin davis

Why

This just makes too much sense. He is the right age to fit in with this group. The Bills need to get a little lucky to find their franchise guy. If he can stay healthy (that is an ENORMOUS if) he has a chance to give them a Flacco like level of play. On this team that middle of the road type of performance may very well be good enough to win a Super Bowl. I am much more confident that he can be a top 15ish type of QB than I am that he can stay healthy for the whole season.