Marrone said they will look at everything to get running game going...

#1- we have the worst blocking tight ends in the league. the very first play, the bills ran left, chandler was tossed to the ground like a rag doll.

#2- coaching is weak. playcalling, run blocking schemes, difficulty with stunts and dumb penalties.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm down with giving Brown and FJax a split in carries this week. CJ isn't the only problem, and he can be good... he just needs to be in a certain offense, and this is definitely not it. Maybe Brown, FJax, and Boobie can pound away and get us consistent positive yardage.

The thing they need to do to get the running game going is throw the ball more on early downs. Running, consistently, on 1st and 2nd down is the death knell for a running game unless you have a stout OL. The Bills don't. They need to mix it up more and have the defense on it's heels. The Bills don't start throwing on 1st down unless they're down in the 2nd half. Before that it's incredibly predictable when they're going to run. Predictability is killing the Bills offense.

Exactly.

Similarly, run it on 3rd down. A simple handoff on 3rd and 6 is really effective.

We have been throwing more on first down in recent weeks, but we are also less successful at throwing on first down, for some reason. I think both of Orton's INTs have happened on 1st down throws, and our completion percentage is low as well. Not sure if they are calling riskier throws, or if its bad decision making, or what.

Marrone's lost this team. IMO what happened was that his players saw him bring the same tired and predictable game plan against Belichick and the Pats, they went three and out, and for all intents and purposes were beaten before Brady even got the ball. I think they feel betrayed by Marrone and that when their biggest battle was there right in front of him, he was timid and folded under the pressure.

The Detroit game will probably be the team's last real gut check performance this season until Marrone's fired. He's incompetent and his players know it. I see them getting blown out by the Vikings and the Jets. That's what happens when teams check out on a head coach they don't believe in.

they might have given up for now but I would have serious doubts that they get blown out by Minn and the Jets.

If that happens, then obviously you are correct. But I just don't see it happening. But if it does then it makes it obvious that the rest of the team is checking out.

#1- we have the worst blocking tight ends in the league. the very first play, the bills ran left, chandler was tossed to the ground like a rag doll.

#2- coaching is weak. playcalling, run blocking schemes, difficulty with stunts and dumb penalties.

Listening to Brandon this morning, he was preaching that what this team needs is consistency in coaching. Let's pray that Terry does not buy into this as well.The only thing consistent about the coaching is how terrible it's been over the last 100 years. Orton is good enough right now to open up the playbook and why they have not done so is maddening.

Marrone's lost this team. IMO what happened was that his players saw him bring the same tired and predictable game plan against Belichick and the Pats, they went three and out, and for all intents and purposes were beaten before Brady even got the ball. I think they feel betrayed by Marrone and that when their biggest battle was there right in front of him, he was timid and folded under the pressure.

The Detroit game will probably be the team's last real gut check performance this season until Marrone's fired. He's incompetent and his players know it. I see them getting blown out by the Vikings and the Jets. That's what happens when teams check out on a head coach they don't believe in.

I love insightful posts like this. Where is the evidence that the players have already checked out for the season? Seems to be a big leap to make this conclusion about player thoughts given that Bills are at .500 at this point and haven't exactly played themselves out of contention yet.

Listening to Brandon this morning, he was preaching that what this team needs is consistency in coaching. Let's pray that Terry does not buy into this as well.The only thing consistent about the coaching is how terrible it's been over the last 100 years. Orton is good enough right now to open up the playbook and why they have not done so is maddening.

Consistent coaching.... NO. Consistent Quality Coating.... YES.

If he believed that then Gailey would still be here.

The Vikings couldn't blow out a candle.

I love insightful posts like this. Where is the evidence that the players have already checked out for the season? Seems to be a big leap to make this conclusion about player thoughts given that Bills are at .500 at this point and haven't exactly played themselves out of contention yet.

I just get the sense that Marrone blew his career with the Bills with that pathetic, non-threatening game plan against the Pats. It's like he handed over his manhood to hoodie before the game. "Hey Mr. Belichick, I see you got Revis! Great get sir! Well since you're so great and obviously know what you're doing, I I I'm obviously not going to challenge you with Watkins. Yeah, we did give up two first round picks for him but geez...you're the Patriots and that's Revis! The best bet for us is to try to trick you because in the end, we obviously just don't believe in the guy we gave up two first round picks for when it comes to going against the toughest team in our division. We're the Bills, we teach our players it's best to run from challenges. Well good luck Bill, I I I mean Mr. Belichick!"

I'm done with him. I can only imagine what the players feel like.

Reports from today's practice are that the same offensive line is lining up with the ones and Bryce Brown is working with the scout team. So "looking at everything" must mean 4 tight end sets and perhaps burgers for the team the night before the game.

I'm done with him. I can only imagine what the players feel like.

You may be done with him but the players, on the other hand, are paid to do a job. First the WRs were dogging it and showing bad body language with EJ at QB. Now, they are going to pout against the coaches (not saying this is true as it is pure speculation). But whatever the case, the players are in no business to choose a QB or coaches. I really don't care how they feel inside. They are paid to be the best they can be on every snap. Thats what they have to do. No ifs, ands or buts.

anyone else notice this ?

looks like the O-line is lining up a little to close to one another. need to spread out just a touch. our RB's are running into the backs of mass of humanity.

In addition more 3 or 4 WR sets not in a bunch formation. There is too much of. Crowd between the hash marks. Even if we have a mismatch somewhere it is easy for the defender to break off and defend either the run or pass.

A quick release spread formation would take a lot of the pressure off the OL. Sometimes, and what we are seeing is, that lining up more players at the line brings more defenders with it.

Reports from today's practice are that the same offensive line is lining up with the ones and Bryce Brown is working with the scout team. So "looking at everything" must mean 4 tight end sets and perhaps burgers for the team the night before the game.

If Marrone isn't trying to jam square pegs into round holes then he's doing nothing and hoping the problem magically fixes itself. This guy likes to talk a big game but quite frankly that's all it is.

It boggles my mind how Marrone can bench his starting QB after 4 games yet not even try anyone else at guard.

Edited by Bangarang