Austin Davis is going to be a very good QB---undrafted rookie

Big Turk

This kid is an undrafted rookie and went into tonight's game with a 96.9 QB rating, completing over 67% of his passes and had a healthy 7.9 YPA to go along with 6 TDs and 3 INTs...

Sadly in 4 games, it is blatantly obvious to anyone who has watched him play he is miles better than EJ...dude reminds me a lot of a young Mark Brunell---mobile, very accurate and makes smart decisions throwing the ball...

St. Louis might have gotten lucky that their first 2 QBs got hurt because he is playing better than either one of them would be right now...looks like Bradford probably is going to be done in St. Louis

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is obviously going to become an EJ thread but yeah, I agree 100%. I'm really tired of people saying, "the kid only had 14 games, that's not even a whole season." Show me a flash. Show me a reason to believe you're making progress. Like Austin Davis is doing. Complete a pass to a wide receiver more than five yards downfield who's not completely wide open. Yeah Derek Carr will probably go out and have a bad game this week and those same people will say, "see Derek Carr sucks too." But at least he flashed potential and gives Raiders fans a reason to believe there's a chance he could become a franchise QB. I have been watching football a long time and I think my verdict on EJ came in after that Houston game. At least a guy like Davis makes you say, "hmm OK let me see more." Cue the "but what about the Jets home game last year..." Guess what- Austin Davis, Orton, Fitz, Edwards, Losman all win that game going away. In fact Losman flashed WAY more in 2006 than Manuel ever has in his 14 games. But I digress.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

There have been a lot of obvious franchise qbs after 4 games. Very few after 4 seasons.

don't disagree but let's put the egg before the chicken. Wouldnt you agree that most of those franchise qbs after four years flashed more potential in their first 14 games. Edwards didn't get four years, did you want to give him more time to develop?

Ok I'm going to take a break debating this one for a while. Please someone let me know when Manuel plays again and looks better than Richard Manuel.

Oh, there won't be any need to let you know. You'll be all over it and be the first one to start a thread about it.

GO BILLS!!!

Oh, there won't be any need to let you know. You'll be all over it and be the first one to start a thread about it.

GO BILLS!!!

believe me, i would LOVE to be wrong about this one. Hate to say it but everybody's favorite punching bag schopp continually points out that our perception of Manuel would be totally different if he was drafted as a third round flier as he shoud have been.

See the man with the stage fright, checking down with all his might, he got caught in the spotlight ...

unreal! Although danko sang that one...

believe me, i would LOVE to be wrong about this one. Hate to say it but everybody's favorite punching bag schopp continually points out that our perception of Manuel would be totally different if he was drafted as a third round flier as he shoud have been.

unreal! Although danko sang that one...

Damn! I always mixed up Danko's and Manuel's voices.