Oh Hell, Why Not?: 2015 QBs

The_Dude

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they get Winston for selling autographs then he might be coming out. Say what you will about him off the field but on the field he's the best in college in a long time

he's a college qb. His game will not translate to the nfl. Great athlete and a real strong arm but his release is to slow.

Golson.....has the arm and ND is much better with him in there. I have been very impressed. And, might be 2nd rnd available.....

Golson will DEFINITELY be 2nd round available. Heck, he'll most likely be 4th round available. He is looking much improved and with his best receiver suspended for the season too!

I'm a huge fan of Connor Cook. We wont have a shot at Marriota but we might have a shot at Cook if we're willing to trade up. I LOVE Orton and I think Orton is more than good enough for a few years. If we can't get Cook then we can't, but if we can get Cook I'd be fine with having him on the bench for a couple years.

It's obvious EJ isn't the answer and we need to start looking for that young gun!

Seems like I have a lot of fans this year, oh what will the trolls do :devil:

I started a thread on Cook in the college football forum

Right now I like Connor Cook the most as a potential target in the draft. I think he has a lot of the intangibles but just needs to get coached up and developed for a year.

My second pick would be Sean Mannion.

I want guys that are QBs and not athletes learning to play QB. All the measurables and speed is meaningless if the kid can't see the field or go through reads. Give me kids like Cook or Mannion who look like natural throwers who just need to get coached up some and acclimated to the speed and complexity of the NFL.

Amen to that

I like Cook a lot. I think he'll be a good one as well. But, as others have pointed out, he's going in the top 1/2 of the first round and we don't have the luxury of any first round pick. So, we would have to give up a lot to get up there and to me, it just isn't worth it. None of these guys are Andrew Luck type prospects and I believe that is the only type of QB prospect you trade up for in the top 1/2 of the first round, the sure thing guys.

As I said in another thread, I am really starting to like Dak Prescott in the 2nd round. He is maturing before our eyes this season a la Cam Newton in his final season.

I also believe Mariota will go high, but I'm just not a fan of his for some reason. I really believe he is a product of that system and will have a very difficult time with NFL defenses. Just look at his game logs. He dominates sub-par opponents, but when the tough teams are on the schedule he becomes very pedestrian.

I also am really starting to sour on Hundley and I believe he has played himself out of the first round at this point. It was a mistake on his part to come back this season.

I haven't been able to catch any Oregon State games yet so I can't give a legit opinion on Mannion at this point, but I'm going to go out of my way to check out one of their games soon.

To me, there are two questions that remain unanswered. First, what about Jameis? I mean, the dude can flat out ball and has everything you want on the field in a franchise QB. But, how much do you let the off the field stuff turn you off? If he falls to us in the second, are we all over him? Is he worth the risk? I think he may be, but I freaking hate the guy.

Second, at what point do we start respecting Everett Golson? He plays tough opponents, he wins games, he has shown a big time improvement in his passing skills compared to 2012. Yes, he's only 6'0", but man, I can't help but see some Russell Wilson in this guy and would love to see a 4th or 5th rounder thrown at him.

In summary, my QB desire list:

1. Connor Cook

2. Dak Preskott

3. Jameis Winston

4. Mariota (so low because I don't feel he's worth where he will be picked)

5. Kevin Hogan

6. Brett Hundley

7. Everett Golson

Unknowns as of now: Mannion, Petty, Grayson.

That's really not saying much! They are terrible.

Have you seen Worily from Tennessee? I saw one of his games he looked good but haven't seen any other of his games.

Walter football projects the Bills at 41 taking Brett Hundley QB from UCLA

http://walterfootbal...draft2015_2.php

project Connor Cook at 37 to the Jets

:death: :death: :death: If they get Cook , that will be worse than Tannehill to Miami

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

with the 2nd round picks this year -- Carr and Garroppolo -- looking strong, a redo IMO would not have these guys getting past Rd1, with teams trading up if need be to get them. Accordingly I foresee an even bigger run on QBs in Rd1 2015. By time we get to RD2 and our selection, probably looking at 3rd to 4th round quality in previous years.

teams looking to draft QB high could be:

Bills

Jets

Miami

Texans

Titans

Bucs

Cards

Rams ....

Toss in a few unexpected ones, and there could be as anywhere from 5 to 7 teams drafting QB in RD1.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I'm a huge fan of Connor Cook. We wont have a shot at Marriota but we might have a shot at Cook if we're willing to trade up. I LOVE Orton and I think Orton is more than good enough for a few years. If we can't get Cook then we can't, but if we can get Cook I'd be fine with having him on the bench for a couple years.

It's obvious EJ isn't the answer and we need to start looking for that young gun!

I like Cook a lot, too, but what do you think we are going to use to trade up?

I like Cook, which does worry me - being on the Buffalo Barbarian QB waggon..... I reassure myself by the fact that I, so far at least really don't like Hackenberg who also features on his sig. ;)

As for walterfootball's rankings.... In recent years he has taken a very cautious approach to mocking QBs high. I personally think our first pick in the draft will ba after number 41... I think we are looking more at the 45/46/47 range.... but IF by some chance Cook were still there after the first couple of picks of the second round I would at least make the call to see what it takes to get up for him. I think he will go somewhere in the middle of the first round though.

If they get Winston for selling autographs then he might be coming out. Say what you will about him off the field but on the field he's the best in college in a long time

I'll take Jameis in a heartbeat! Seeing that it's "obvious" EJ is not gonna be a quality NFL QB.?

Edited by the skycap

I'll go a step further and want to see the Bills add 2 more QBs less than 25. And I'm not talking about one in Round 2 and the other an UDFA. It would be great if the Bills could raid some teams PS for a raw but promising QB this year and draft one in the 2nd next year. Or, a 2nd and a 4th/5th. Play Orton for 1-2 more years and let the youngsters battle it out.

Edited by Saint Doug

Ugh, this just sucks. Can't bring myself to start down this road just yet.

especially when we already have a first round QB who has been given less than a full season to develop.

Let's just keep drafting QBs and then dumping them if they're not Johnny Unitas on the first day of minicamp.

especially when we already have a first round QB who has been given less than a full season to develop.

Let's just keep drafting QBs and then dumping them if they're not Johnny Unitas on the first day of minicamp.

I just want to say - that is not my opinion. I do like Cook and if he slides to a position where we could take a shot and I was the GM I'd consider it. None of the other Quarterbacks not named Mariota make me think that in this draft. If Cook is long gone you park QB for another year and continue putting talent in place elsewhere.

EJ can still develop behind Orton. No swnse losing a whole season to develop him more quickly than he's ready for.

I like Cook, which does worry me - being on the Buffalo Barbarian QB waggon..... I reassure myself by the fact that I, so far at least really don't like Hackenberg who also features on his sig. ;)

As for walterfootball's rankings.... In recent years he has taken a very cautious approach to mocking QBs high. I personally think our first pick in the draft will ba after number 41... I think we are looking more at the 45/46/47 range.... but IF by some chance Cook were still there after the first couple of picks of the second round I would at least make the call to see what it takes to get up for him. I think he will go somewhere in the middle of the first round though.

Hopefully Cook stays in and we can get him the following draft.

(Hackenberg will come around, a new coach and system don't fit him right now if ever)

I don't watch a ton of college football. But what do you guys think of Taylor Heinecke of Old Dominion? His competition is suspect but I really like his demeanor even in their losses. He just seems mentally in it. And his intangibles are off the charts. Fairly accurate and bit of a gun slinger.

with the 2nd round picks this year -- Carr and Garroppolo -- looking strong, a redo IMO would not have these guys getting past Rd1, with teams trading up if need be to get them. Accordingly I foresee an even bigger run on QBs in Rd1 2015. By time we get to RD2 and our selection, probably looking at 3rd to 4th round quality in previous years.

teams looking to draft QB high could be:

Bills

Jets

Miami

Texans

Titans

Bucs

Cards

Rams ....

Toss in a few unexpected ones, and there could be as anywhere from 5 to 7 teams drafting QB in RD1.

Assuming you're right, the Bills shouldn't take a QB in the upcoming draft. Orton is more than good enough to get us by for now.

If the other teams do something stupid--such as letting a polished pocket passer fall to us--then that's another kettle of fish. But if there are going to be a bunch of quarterback hungry teams using their first round picks to over-draft people, something can be said for waiting. In 2016 the Bills will once again have a first round pick. And if things play out as you've described, all those quarterback-hungry teams will have (at least temporarily) sated their desire to draft their quarterbacks of the future.

Assuming you're right, the Bills shouldn't take a QB in the upcoming draft. Orton is more than good enough to get us by for now.

If the other teams do something stupid--such as letting a polished pocket passer fall to us--then that's another kettle of fish. But if there are going to be a bunch of quarterback hungry teams using their first round picks to over-draft people, something can be said for waiting. In 2016 the Bills will once again have a first round pick. And if things play out as you've described, all those quarterback-hungry teams will have (at least temporarily) sated their desire to draft their quarterbacks of the future.

pretty much, which could be great for us.