Report: Pegulas Looking to Bring Consultants for Bills Transition

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hire this board.

Not as crazy as it sounds. Imagine Ngata instead of Whitner...then no need for Dareus and you have AJ Green at WR, Imagine Orakpo instead of Maybin, Keeping Lynch, drafting Iupati instead of CJ. Gronk over Troup. Wilson over TJ Graham. I saw plenty of posters talking up those guys before the draft but the Bills brass knew better.

Ernie Accorsi or Ron Wolf consulting would be a welcome relief after years of the OBD lifers running the show. I'm sure Accorsi or Wolf can provide what is needed to fix what's wrong at OBD. If LaCanfora is correct, the Pegula's already understand the financial side of the house has interfered with the football side.

As has been said numerous times, you don't invest 1.4B into a NFL team and then not evaluate what's going on. There will be changes after this season regardless of the result.

Do you need exhalted consultants doing a comprehensive study of the franchise to tell you that what will dramatically change the dynamic of this lumbering organization is a higher caliber franchise qb. That in itself will do more to improve the prospects for this meandering franchise.

Under Nix's tenure the organization had multiple opportunities to select good prospects, not necessarily in the first round, who would have offered the fan base some realistic optimism. As it stands it selected EJ and has an invested its future in a prospect that has exhibited significant flaws. If he doesn't work out then this franchise has to go back to the drawing board and start over again to address its most critical need.

Is Orton a decent bridge qb? He is what he is: a mediocre qb who knows how to play. But he is also a limited qb who is not going to get you anywhere. Our situation is far from being dire but it is not close to being resolved.

When you have a void that hasn't been filled for a generation then what does it say about the wisdom of the people running the operation? The owner can bring in all the costly high-powered consultants he wants without getting the same advice that a druken fan can give: Get a quality qb prospect and get the best bridge qb you can acquire to buy you time for the prospect to develop.

Do you need exhalted consultants doing a comprehensive study of the franchise to tell you that what will dramatically change the dynamic of this lumbering organization is a higher caliber franchise qb. That in itself will do more to improve the prospects for this meandering franchise.

The owner needs people he can trust who will advise him on how to get his team out of 15 years of irrelevance. That includes finding personnel people who'll get him the QB.

Conducing a top down review will give him fresh perspective as opposed to hearing the buzzwords of Brandon or listening to the OBD lifers and toe-liners blame departed types.

And of course, TPegs needs to know which dead weight to cut and how to re-organize the franchise. It sounds like they're starting by moving Brandon over to the financial side with no input into anything football related.

The owner needs people he can trust who will advise him on how to get his team out of 15 years of irrelevance. That includes finding personnel people who'll get him the QB.

Conducing a top down review will give him fresh perspective as opposed to hearing the buzzwords of Brandon or listening to the OBD lifers and toe-liners blame departed types.

And of course, TPegs needs to know which dead weight to cut and how to re-organize the franchise. It sounds like they're starting by moving Brandon over to the financial side with no input into anything football related.

Pegs first directive to whoever the consultant is should be to NOT solicit any opinions/input from Brandon.

He already resigned, but yeah, that's telling him.

I want YOU out of the football operations of the Bills. You say you don't even work for the team? Ha! A likely story. I know that you are directly responsible for missing the playoffs for 14 years. I have no evidence that is actually the case but I will continue to rail against your meddling until you are gone. :rolleyes:

This might be the most ridiculous post I've ever read. I have to admit, it did make me laugh though.

When you spend 1.4b you can "install" or hire any "cronies" or management personnel you like. The Bills are not a public asset, they are privately owned enterprise. As for the Sabres, they tore down an antiquated vestige of a franchise to rebuild it for long term success. This infuriates the lunch pail crowd that yearns for second tier fa's to make a run at the final playoff spot. But the big picture is that everyone in the NHL sees the upward trend continuing. Hardly an epic fail.

:thumbsup: Ding ding ding!

Good Lord don't let him anywhere near this team. I love how he was the "great evaluator" of college talent and probably had the worst draft in the teams history. 2010-2012 are 3 of the worst draft in the teams history. Before anyone says Dareus, you should hit on the 3rd overall pick. Picking CJ when you had Freddy and Marshawn still blows my mind.

:worthy: :worthy:

Hire this board.

YES!

Not as crazy as it sounds. Imagine Ngata instead of Whitner...then no need for Dareus and you have AJ Green at WR, Imagine Orakpo instead of Maybin, Keeping Lynch, drafting Iupati instead of CJ. Gronk over Troup. Wilson over TJ Graham. I saw plenty of posters talking up those guys before the draft but the Bills brass knew better.

You conveniently forget all the duds we wanted...Tebow, RG3, Manti Te'o, Geno Smith, Nassib, etc.

This might be the most ridiculous post I've ever read. I have to admit, it did make me laugh though.

That was my point.

]And of course, TPegs needs to know which dead weight to cut and how to re-organize the franchise. It sounds like they're starting by moving Brandon over to the financial side with no input into anything football related.

Brandon was not involved with the football side of the operation prior to the purchase. There is no doubt that Whaley informs him on what he wanted to do but he is not now making those football type of decisions.

As far as the restructuring of the organization the change is already occurring with Wilson's passing. Littman and the business model will no longer have the suffocating influence as it did during Wilson's tenure.

If you want meaningful change the solution is not in found the organizational flow chart. Get a freaking high quality qb like all the other successful franchises do. We have failed in that endeavor for a generation. That's a testament to institutional incompetence.

I am a little concerned that the names passed around are folks who built franchises years ago not in last few years. I want innovation on offense and defense ala chip kelly. The only thing ha need consultant for is to figure out if the GM is the right guy if not hire the right GM and give him the keys to the car.

Football does not change. Kelly is one of the most detailed coaches there is, thats why he has been successful. Plenty of innovative OCs out there for Cowher to hire, in fact he has hired some in the past. This is a guy who had Hines Ward, Slash and Randle El have success on his teams. Hybrid type players that do a lot of things.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

The Pegulas are taking the next logical step in a process that they've managed flawlessly from the start.

They were the model bidders, keeping their mouths shut and respecting the NDA, the Wilson's, the NFL and the trust.

Now, they are doing exactly what they should be doing and I expected them to do. Hire a couple outsiders to come in and help them evaluate the entire organization, it's processes, roles/responsibilities and, most importantly competence. I fully expect the Pegulas to identify areas where the Bills under invested and areas where there is dysfunction and try their best to correct both of them. This is where deep pockets and spending money is an advantage, they will spend what I takes to fix these issues to the best of their abilities. Will it be perfect, no organization is perfect, but, I'm confident it will be an improvement.

This is an important step in establishing a first class franchise.

Given the woeful state of affairs for the Buffalo BILLS for the last 15 years, the lack of apparent ability to adjust and get this team winning this year, the utter failure to secure a Franchise QB in the same time frame, the disgusting display of penalties and missed opportunities this year and last, a Football "Czar" or advisor to evaluate all things related to football operations is not only prudent it is mandatory. I sincerely hope that Pegula will not only hire the right "Czar" or evaluator to determine where the failings have been so that course correction can be made and violently altered where necessary, but also so that "Czar" can make the *RIGHT* suggestions as to what needs to change, not just point out failures. To me, pointing out the short-comings is almost too easy and indicating where those mistakes were made is easy based on hindsight. I think the greatest asset would be pointing to what little successes, if any, may be presently, how to maintain them trending in the right direction and more importantly where to make immediate changes for the purpose of greater productivity on the field of play. Then, be able to prognosticate where the future resources should be allocated so that this once proud Franchise can stabilize and begin an upward spike in Wins and begin to re-invent itself to be a Winning Culture. A total re-boot is NOT necessary given the depth and talent on both sides of the ball, but a very wise and insightful perspective to the intricate changes able to be made to bring this team to championship caliber IS necessary and I sincerely hope the Pegulas will follow the blueprint given to them by whomever they entrust for this crucial gathering of information and insight....this, might be the second most important decision the BILLS organization faces this year.