Report: Pegulas Looking to Bring Consultants for Bills Transition

His best asset is to be Bill's son, if in a couple of years he becomes a prominent name, go for it.

I was more getting at Greg roman Tom telesco, David caldwell, caserio all being a part of that group too. And that's cutting out mcdaniels. Not arguing Chris was great but that there was a pretty nice pool of talent in his circle beyond just him.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polian?

I like this plan because his ideas on building a NFL winner are repeatable.

He built the Bills into a team that could get to the SB every year. Got Carolina to the NFC Championship game in his 2nd or 3rd year. Then built the Colts into a SB winner.

Polian also loves Buffalo. (Btw, I was reading parts of his book in the bookstore the other day - he spends most of the book reflecting on his time with the Bills. Great stuff).

was just listening to Howard Simon talk about this...I feel like the only reaction here should be jubilation.

This will be the first step in getting Russ Brandon the hell away from football operations....which needed to happen years ago. Let him go back to being a full time bean counter.

Someone who's been down this road before can decide whether we need a new coach and/or GM.

I was worried about whether Pegula learned anything from his mistakes with the Sabres....when he FAILED to do this...and the team subsequently went down the crapper.

Now we know he has!

Brandon really isn't a "bean counter" is he? He is a marketer, first and foremost. And, I believe Whaley was hired under his watch, so does he get credit for that, or just the blame for everything bad that happened?

And, I believe Whaley was hired under his watch, so does he get credit for that, or just the blame for everything bad that happened?

That appears to depend upon who you ask. Some are quite certain, and others disagree.... and are also quite certain.

Bye bye Jeff Littmann. Nice to know ya.

He already resigned, but yeah, that's telling him.

was just listening to Howard Simon talk about this...I feel like the only reaction here should be jubilation.

This will be the first step in getting Russ Brandon the hell away from football operations....which needed to happen years ago. Let him go back to being a full time bean counter.

Someone who's been down this road before can decide whether we need a new coach and/or GM.

I was worried about whether Pegula learned anything from his mistakes with the Sabres....when he FAILED to do this...and the team subsequently went down the crapper.

Now we know he has!

I want YOU out of the football operations of the Bills. You say you don't even work for the team? Ha! A likely story. I know that you are directly responsible for missing the playoffs for 14 years. I have no evidence that is actually the case but I will continue to rail against your meddling until you are gone. :rolleyes:

I was more getting at Greg roman Tom telesco, David caldwell, caserio all being a part of that group too. And that's cutting out mcdaniels. Not arguing Chris was great but that there was a pretty nice pool of talent in his circle beyond just him.

gotcha

Brandon really isn't a "bean counter" is he? He is a marketer, first and foremost. And, I believe Whaley was hired under his watch, so does he get credit for that, or just the blame for everything bad that happened?

he was of ralph's money guys who spent years blowing smoke up our butts about toronto...so there is not alot of lingering love here.

and i am not sure about Whaley yet. Since all of a sudden no one wants credit for EJ i'm not sure what to think of him. i'm happy to defer to ernie accorsi's judgment though.

Love both Acorsi and Wolf. Either would be fantastic choices to head the football department.

Did I miss something in the article? I thought it said the Pegula's were hiring a consultant to evaluate the operation. Consultants usually do that and move on. No mention of anybody being there permanently. But Accorsi, Wolf or Polian would be great choices in terms of consulting.

Edited by purple haze

"They are also planning to restructure the franchise at some point as well, sources said, with more separation between the football side and the business side of the organization."

Can't wait for this, so tired of money making Football decisions for this team.

Honestly I don't think that has been the case for some time.

Kim is the new CEO!

"Under the new structure Kim Pegula will serve as the team's CEO, sources said, with Brandon serving as team president but with general manager Doug Whaley expected to be no longer reporting to Brandon but instead directly to the Pegulas, thus drawing more delineation between football operations and the business operation."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24749471/accorsi-holmgren-wolf-candidates-to-help-bills-ownership-transition

Just awesome!

Edited by FeartheLosing