The Walking Dead Return

Excellent episode... they have sped through some of this story a little quickly, but I can see people getting bored with character development for multiple episodes hah.

Glad they didn't move so fast to just jump right into the next thing though... there's still a couple "community" stories to explore this season... then **** hits the fan next :)

I agree. Story got wayyyyy too slow in the build up with The Governor and their time at the prison. Farmer Rick was boring and many of the episodes seemed to drag. This season has been flying.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent episode... they have sped through some of this story a little quickly, but I can see people getting bored with character development for multiple episodes hah.

I still think the character development they did last season while the group was split up on the road was awesome. It makes me wish they had longer seasons so they could mix in more of that. With a cast this large, it always seems like the best episodes are the ones that focus in on a small group like this one did with Glenn's supply run crew. Sure, they mixed in a lot of scenes around Alexandria, but Glenn and co. was definitely the meat of this episode.

What were the "A"'s on some hands supposed to signify? "Assimilated"?

Alcoholic Anon

Abused by daddy

A cry for help

hmmm your one of us now ,,, prophetic?

I believe that it is only a matter of time before the people they banished look to come back and attempt a hostile take over. There was graffiti sprayed at Wiltshire Estates that said the "wolves are not far" and wonder if they are the same people that were exiled from Alexandria. I believe that Alexandria will be going to DEFCON 5 before the show closes out for the season.

yes, the Wolves are in the vicinity as noted last week when Daryl asked about the W on the forehead.

Ok, somebody help me out with this -- when Aiden impaled himself he told Glenn "it was us." What was he talking about?

I was trying to figure that out as well. I watched that scene 5 times and couldn't make it out.

Ok, somebody help me out with this -- when Aiden impaled himself he told Glenn "it was us." What was he talking about?

I am glad I am not the only one...I enjoyed the episode, but the last 10-15 minutes were kind of confusing... I really have no idea what happened...guess I have to use the closed captioning function, I just couldn't even understand what people were saying... couldn't understand what Carol said to Rick about the woman and the kid...what happened to them?

I am glad I am not the only one...I enjoyed the episode, but the last 10-15 minutes were kind of confusing... I really have no idea what happened...guess I have to use the closed captioning function, I just couldn't even understand what people were saying... couldn't understand what Carol said to Rick about the woman and the kid...what happened to them?

That part was much more clear than Aiden's dying words. She told Rick that Pete was abusing the wife and kid and that Rick would have to kill him.

running away like cowards leaving the other Alexandriaites with the group to die.

On their first trip out with Glenn after they encountered the "chained up" walker they told a story of how they lost some people on patrol. Aiden and this dick ran like whimpering dogs

c440787c4d4dfe497ff445126db71088TWD512GPwalking-dead-nicholas.png?itok=6HwNhxtM

the coward that did this

walkingdead_noah-e1426526722795.jpg

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I believe that it is only a matter of time before the people they banished look to come back and attempt a hostile take over. There was graffiti sprayed at Wiltshire Estates that said the "wolves are not far" and wonder if they are the same people that were exiled from Alexandria. I believe that Alexandria will be going to DEFCON 5 before the show closes out for the season.

We've discussed this in the past and I think most agree that the exiled ASZ people are a part of the Wolves.

They left people to die, only to protect themselves. But that appears the be their groups philosophy as we saw in the construction site scene.

Next week should be another good episode. What will the fallout from the latest run cluster be? Aiden is dead, parents will be pissed. The other D-bag will probably blame Glenn for the whole thing. Glenn will not take Noah's death well, that was pretty gruesome to watch from about a foot away. How will Rick and Carol deal with Pete the abusive husband? Where does Pete get all his beer? he must have a nice stash. Will Tara be ok? Gabriel is losing it, he most likely will do something idiotic to jeopardize everyone. What will Rick do when Maggie tells him about the good father? Damn, only 2 episodes left...

Edited by ricojes

We've discussed this in the past and I think most agree that the exiled ASZ people are a part of the Wolves.

They left people to die, only to protect themselves. But that appears the be their groups philosophy as we saw in the construction site scene.

my issue with that theory is that the exiles in groups of 1 and 2 went all the way down to Richmond, formed a party that branded & hacked up walkers, destroyed Noah's home community and then returned to DC...

My theory is that the "new enemy" is another group from DC who then ventured out into the wilds to raid and experiment. who may also have collected the exiles.

maybe from DuPont Circle or Georgetown ?? just larger communities in the region. Pure speculation no spoilers or comic insight ..

my issue with that theory is that the exiles in groups of 1 and 2 went all the way down to Richmond, formed a party that branded & hacked up walkers, destroyed Noah's home community and then returned to DC...

My theory is that the "new enemy" is another group from DC who then ventured out into the wilds to raid and experiment. who may also have collected the exiles.

maybe from DuPont Circle or Georgetown ?? just larger communities in the region. Pure speculation no spoilers or comic insight ..

they may have just joined the group and told them all about the Alexandria safe zone. We really don't know the timeline. The traveling part really doesn't bother me at all, you're always on the move in this world.

There's no doubt the exiled people will play a role, they just don't mention something like that for nothing. They could have joined up with a DC crew, anything is possible.

It's fun reading speculation, and also knowing the comic story, and also knowing that they haven't and don't always follow the comic. Makes the show interesting still!

I agree. Story got wayyyyy too slow in the build up with The Governor and their time at the prison. Farmer Rick was boring and many of the episodes seemed to drag. This season has been flying.

I still think the character development they did last season while the group was split up on the road was awesome. It makes me wish they had longer seasons so they could mix in more of that. With a cast this large, it always seems like the best episodes are the ones that focus in on a small group like this one did with Glenn's supply run crew. Sure, they mixed in a lot of scenes around Alexandria, but Glenn and co. was definitely the meat of this episode.

I actually like character development. There were multiple comics in a row where it was just character development, not much in the way of zombies or threats... it gets people attached, it gets people invested, and then when things inevitably go south, it hits harder.

But I can see for the average viewer, for television, that they can't do that as much, since it'd turn a lot of viewers off. Which is why they are speeding (to me) through this community storyline at a pretty fair clip. In the comics we see a lot more about the various relationships that are growing out of this merging of groups.

When I say the comics take time with the Alexandria community, I mean it... there's two years of comics covering what happens with Alexandria before moving on to the next events involving other people/places/things. The show seems to want to cover those two years possibly in 6 episodes.

they may have just joined the group and told them all about the Alexandria safe zone. We really don't know the timeline. The traveling part really doesn't bother me at all, you're always on the move in this world.

There's no doubt the exiled people will play a role, they just don't mention something like that for nothing. They could have joined up with a DC crew, anything is possible.

I'm not dismissing the exiles. I agree that they may have joined the "others"

It's fun reading speculation, and also knowing the comic story, and also knowing that they haven't and don't always follow the comic. Makes the show interesting still!

I've seen a lot of movies and TV shows based on books. prime example Game Of Thrones.

Rarely do the shows follow the book to the letter (so to speak - obviously you can't portray every thought into actions) [well at least from those I have read AND seen]

I was trying to figure that out as well. I watched that scene 5 times and couldn't make it out.

To expand a little bit on what was already explained, in the first trip out with Glenn they told him about their system (split up, set off a flare if something goes wrong, meet up, etc... He also said that the others died because they didn't follow the system and didn't listen to his command. In this episode he was admitting that it was actually the two of them that panicked and left the others to die.

There's certainly going to be a **** storm when Glenn comes back and tells everyone what happened. I have to admit I really don't like the Priest angle. It just doesn't make sense and comes across like they needed a way to plant doubt in her mind before they returned with news about her son. I think it would have flowed better if he confronted her AFTER they came back...telling her she can't just trust their word because they've done bad things...I don't know; seemed cheesy to me.

EDIT: I'll also add the same cheesy comment to the Abraham work crew situation. So Deanna gets one of the Rick's crew to help her start a government, puts Rick and Michonne into the only two police positions, but now she's stressed out over Abraham being put in charge of the work crew??? Yeah, that makes sense. I haven't read the comics, but I have to agree with Dorkington here; they are really trying to push through this Alexandria storyline as fast as they can. I know everyone complains about the long boring story arcs, but I disagree. I think this is the wrong way to write the show.

Edited by Acantha

To expand a little bit on what was already explained, in the first trip out with Glenn they told him about their system (split up, set off a flare if something goes wrong, meet up, etc... He also said that the others died because they didn't follow the system and didn't listen to his command. In this episode he was admitting that it was actually the two of them that panicked and left the others to die.

There's certainly going to be a **** storm when Glenn comes back and tells everyone what happened. I have to admit I really don't like the Priest angle. It just doesn't make sense and comes across like they needed a way to plant doubt in her mind before they returned with news about her son. I think it would have flowed better if he confronted her AFTER they came back...telling her she can't just trust their word because they've done bad things...I don't know; seemed cheesy to me.

Thanks!

I also really enjoyed the character development from last season. Several were very memorable, but the one that stood out for me was with Abraham. Gave you insight into so much about his character, but also tied in very nicely how he first met Eugene. Sad episode, yet it ended on a funny note when you see Eugene struggling with the walkers.

This may have been brought up at some point, but does anyone know if they are planning any more webisodes?

I also really enjoyed the character development from last season. Several were very memorable, but the one that stood out for me was with Abraham. Gave you insight into so much about his character, but also tied in very nicely how he first met Eugene. Sad episode, yet it ended on a funny note when you see Eugene struggling with the walkers.

For me, the best part of the character development from last season is that it gave us the Carol that we all know and love today. So many people love to talk about Daryl, but to me, Carol is now the best character on this show. I can't wait for the moment where she gets to show Alexandria her true colors.

edit: Ok, the rest of Alexandria. Little Sam knows her well at this point.

Edited by shrader