The Walking Dead Return

Yes indeed and I have to agree that I like her character the best. To go from a meek punching bag for her @$$*%#^ husband to where she is a one woman GI Jane at Terminus has been fun to watch! Then to see her back in an apron baking cookies with the "real" Carol just under the surface with veiled threats to Little Sam.....classic!

Best scene of this half of the season imho. Leaning on that kid with that kind of politically incorrect intimidation was awesome!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am really looking forward to the finale....So many different directions this can go again, seems like I keep saying that. I guess that's the good thing about not reading the comic. The exiles are surely the threat. Whether the started the Wolves or joined the Wolves, it really doesn't matter, but they are coming back to re-claim the ASZ. The idiot coward has Rick's blender gun, look out Glenn. The priest is losing it, look out everyone. Pete's a dick and who knows what he's capable of. Deanna is pissed, her son was just killed and the safe zone is crumbling from the inside since Rick's crew arrived. Carol is a bad ass and will have that sword off the shelf by the end of the finale for sure. Sasha's a wild card. Does Enid play any kind of role. Abraham has been quiet and seemed to like leading the build crew.

I can keep going. So much going on...

Edited by ricojes

I'm pretty sure all of next season the group will be in the ASZ. The way I see the finale going is there will be a vote and Rick is about to be exiled. Rick kills Pete. That's when the new threat of the Wolves will be revealed and Deanna and everyone else will realize that Rick and what the others have been saying are right. The threat will be fully introduced, violence will ensue, shoot out at the gates. Deanna steps down, Rick takes over. Everyone prepares for war.

Looking forward to tonight! Not sure if there will actually be a vote to exile Rick or if Deanna tries to exert her authority in more of a dictatorship role. Either way, there will be a coup and Rick's group will take over.

Next season will focus on ASZ. The walls are formidable, but they are vulnerable in so many ways. If there is a pile up of walkers, you cannot dispatch them through the wall. If they get a large herd in one spot, they could potentially break through, especially around the front gate. Hopefully Abraham's construction battalion will clear trees and buildings from around the parameter so they can better see who is approaching and re-enforce the front gate by maybe adding a large vehicle that could be moved (similar to the prison). They also need towers or platforms like they had in Woodbury. No sentries or guards and they are begging for the enemy to infiltrate.

There also must be other groups in a place like Washington DC that also were brought there thinking that the government would be working on a cure. I believe that they will form relationships with some of the other groups as the early colonists in this country did and trade/barter will begin between them. You will also have groups of takers or scavengers, which appears to be what the Wolves are all about. They go into a community (Wiltshire Estates) and take everything and either kill or enslave the inhabitants.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but did I mention how excited I am for tonight's episode. It stinks we have to wait until October for it to all begin again!

Pressure hold on it's neck. I thought he was going to rip it's head off, but he appeared to choke it out and it's head exploded.

Overall, I was not impressed with the season finale. Guy on Talking Dead stated "best ever". Sorry, I didn't think so. Glenn gets shot and has to fight for his life, yet he ends up walking arm in arm with the ASZ guy. Preacher tells Socha to in essence kill herself and at the end, they are in a prayer circle and all is well.

Liked how Morgan was re-introduced, just wish he had taken out those two guys and their elaborate trap was pretty cool. Also liked Abraham's statement when the group is meeting.

Looking forward to the other series starting this summer.

Edited by Flutie Flakes

He shoved a pistol through the underside of its chin, then shot it from the inside to silence the shot.

I assumed it was the gun, but I never actually saw it during the fight. It's so tough to see things in those very dark scenes.

And now some random thoughts:

-Maggie is very quickly becoming a leader. I could see her taking over for Deanna with Rick as her iron fist.

-People are talking about disappointment, but I enjoyed it. That last 30 minutes was very tense, switching back and forth from scene to scene, fully expecting a main cast member to die.

-How on earth did Daryl fall for that trap? The tin cans hanging from the tops of all of the trucks should have been all the sign he needed that someone had been there before.

-The two wolves resetting the trap at the end, were they they the same two that Morgan beat up? Again, it was tough to see on the dark screen. I kind of hope Morgan left them in the back of that car as walker bait.

-Daryl's chain kill of the three walkers was pathetic. There's no way that should have worked.

-People seem to think that the exiles will wind up being wolves, but I don't buy that. The guys found the pictures Aaron dropped, but if the group already knew of Alexandria, none of that should be a surprise to them.

I assumed it was the gun, but I never actually saw it during the fight. It's so tough to see things in those very dark scenes.

And now some random thoughts:

-Maggie is very quickly becoming a leader. I could see her taking over for Deanna with Rick as her iron fist.

-People are talking about disappointment, but I enjoyed it. That last 30 minutes was very tense, switching back and forth from scene to scene, fully expecting a main cast member to die.

-How on earth did Daryl fall for that trap? The tin cans hanging from the tops of all of the trucks should have been all the sign he needed that someone had been there before.

-The two wolves resetting the trap at the end, were they they the same two that Morgan beat up? Again, it was tough to see on the dark screen. I kind of hope Morgan left them in the back of that car as walker bait.

-Daryl's chain kill of the three walkers was pathetic. There's no way that should have worked.

-People seem to think that the exiles will wind up being wolves, but I don't buy that. The guys found the pictures Aaron dropped, but if the group already knew of Alexandria, none of that should be a surprise to them.

I was disappointed because I bought into the hype the actors were selling about it being an incredibly emotional episode. From that standpoint, it disappointed for me.

I didn't have a problem with the chain kill. I used to have a problem with how easy it was to puncture the walker skulls, then I justified it by assuming that they just rot and get soft. If the chain was heavy enough, I could see it working.

The two wolves setting the traps were the two that Morgan left alive.

I was disappointed because I bought into the hype the actors were selling about it being an incredibly emotional episode. From that standpoint, it disappointed for me.

It might be more emotional if we had any attachment to these Alexandrians. They still haven't been around long enough to care about. Deanna is the only one with any character development at this point, so I guess her green lighting the execution does get some reaction from the viewers. She has very quickly been given a taste for the real world, losing her son and husband in a matter of days.

How did Rick kill that walker? I have absolutely no clue what happened.

pop goes the weasel? death grip on the walker;s neck with both hands.

FWIW - I didn't hear any gunshot go off.

Welcome back Zen Morgan.

Sorry shrader but I thought Daryl's chain kill of the three walkers was AWESOME

- Farewell Pete you chickenshit coward. :thumbsup:

-The Wolves are (so far) 2 FU'd individuals.

-Overall I enjoyed it. They brought home a fan favorite, introduced the next villain, ended the we are clueless we are living in a safe zone utopia, thanks to the brain-dead Reverend Gabriel, AND Diana saying Do It!

The one thing not likable was - Glenn should have killed Nicholas.

From what we saw so far .... my guess is that the 3 exiles are now walkers in the food warehouse (see red poncho guy) as the wolves just "discover" ASZ when he's looking at the pictured in the discarded backpack after the escape from the compound

The two wolves setting the traps were the two that Morgan left alive.

All life is valuable. That is the problem with Zen.

WRT character development -

Ricks got a new girlfriend

Aaron and Daryl are becoming a team

And we are all waiting for when Nicholas gets his due.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

WRT character development - Ricks got a new girlfriend.

I was half expecting him to kiss Michonne during their talk. She's practically Carl's mom at this point, so that combination would actually make sense.

I was half expecting him to kiss Michonne during their talk. She's practically Carl's mom at this point, so that combination would actually make sense.

They had plenty of time to build that relation ship. all thoughts ended after Rick kissed Jessie on the cheek.

17267318-mmmain.jpg

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever