Please Pay Jerry Hughes and Marcell Dareus

gonzo1105

Holy Cow have those two been fantastic all year long. They just absolutely dominate. Even when these two don't show up on the stat sheet they cause other problems for offenses. I know there was a report out there that we wouldn't re-sign Hughes if he had a monster season but I think it is very important to keep the D-Line and Brandon Spikes after this year. I know we shouldn't spend all our money in the defensive front seven but I think that our offense is good enough if we can find one guard and obviously a long term solution at Quarterback. That is all and a very good win against a good football team on the road.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, it's only week 5 and the please pay so and so threads are back.

Dareus will be resigned but Hughes most likely won't be as there is already a lot of money tied up on the Dline. You may disagree with that but it's how things are, can't have big money players everywhere

Edited by Max997

Hughes was an absolute bear today because Detroit was so worried about Dareus and Mario. He was literally picking up the LT and running him into Stafford. We just raped Indy in that trade.

I've never seen the power out of Hughes. He was tremendous today, and half the plays were him bullrushing the LT and just shoving him back. Really impressive.

There is a theory, and usually a good one, that you cannot spend too much on one position, which skews your salary cap. And we have Mario at 100m, Kyle, and Dareus the #3 overall who MUST be re-signed. And Hughes will be offered a lot. BUT... we are paying peanuts at LB. Kiko and Brown and Bradham are 2-4 round picks which are nothing. Rivers is not high paid. If you count it as a front 7 you can rationalize it.

Isn't Dareus locked up through 2015?

I'd like him to get through the season and OTAs without any off field problems---which I'm hopeful he's turning a corner--before we talk extension.

Hughes is going to get big money. No way he stays. He's going UFA.

But we could franchise him....

If you are Jerry Hughes and you're sitting down with your agent, do you have a realistic appraisal of the reasons for your success?

You did nothing as a Colt. Upon trade to the Bills, in the Pettine and Schwartz systems, surrounded by elite talent, you now play to your draft selection and have turned into quite the impressive football player.

Do you stay in Buffalo even if it isn't the max dollars you'd get elsewhere where there is no pressure to be THE man on defense, or do you chase that big contract from a team that will be counting on you to produce without elite talent surrounding you?

Dareus will be resigned but Hughes most likely won't be as there is already a lot of money tied up on the Dline. You may disagree with that but it's how things are, can't have big money players everywhere

Last week Pegula was gonna clean house...Dareus was immature and we shouldn't pay him.......amazing what a win does to change the attitude.

I think we have some cap room coming up due to dead money expiring, so that should help. Also helps that a good portion of our offense is young and under contract for a couple years. We might have some flexibility. I'm actually most worried about Mario Williams contract, wonder if he'd be willing to restructure.

If you are Jerry Hughes and you're sitting down with your agent, do you have a realistic appraisal of the reasons for your success?

You did nothing as a Colt. Upon trade to the Bills, in the Pettine and Schwartz systems, surrounded by elite talent, you now play to your draft selection and have turned into quite the impressive football player.

Do you stay in Buffalo even if it isn't the max dollars you'd get elsewhere where there is no pressure to be THE man on defense, or do you chase that big contract from a team that will be counting on you to produce without elite talent surrounding you?

99% of players would take the contract. Gotta collect as much money as possible before the career is over, since there isn't much for most football players after the fact.