Best subs

YoloinOhio

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for 'big chain', jimmy johns and wegmans are great

primo's in philly/nj are pretty damned good too.

used to work at jrecks in liverpool back in the day, they used to be very good.

too many small hoagie/cheesesteak places in philly to mention, alot very good in their own right. hard to find a bad hoagie in the philly area

I had the unfortunate experience of visiting a Subway last week. Ohio subs are weak sauce. I miss real subs as much as I miss real pizza.

Favorite sub in WNY?

1. Wegmans

2. Pino's

3. Nino's

Jim's Steak Out

Johns Pizza and Subs

John & Marys

Not exactly in that order. It just depends on what sub and what your in the mood for. Anything else can be disregarded.

Edit:

Not available anymore but Anjons out of N. Tonawanda was absolutely amazing. Their Steak and Cheese subs were the best I've ever had. It's a shame they aren't around anymore.

Edited by mrags

too many small hoagie/cheesesteak places in philly to mention, alot very good in their own right. hard to find a bad hoagie in the philly area

What was the story on that abomination that Philly was calling a po boy? Had people all riled up down here this week.

Was a brioche bun with fried chicken and fried oysters and cole slaw or some nonsense....

Edited by NoSaint

Jim's Steak Out

Johns Pizza and Subs

John & Marys

Not exactly in that order. It just depends on what sub and what your in the mood for. Anything else can be disregarded.

Edit:

Not available anymore but Anjons out of N. Tonawanda was absolutely amazing. Their Steak and Cheese subs were the best I've ever had. It's a shame they aren't around anymore.

john and Mary's! Yes. Club sub.

i don't know, i haven't heard anything about it

What was the story on that abomination that Philly was calling a po boy? Had people all riled up down here this week.

Was a brioche bun with fried chicken and fried oysters and cole slaw or some nonsense....

i don't know, i haven't heard anything about it

http://www.esquire.com/_mobile/blogs/food-for-men/po-boy-sandwich-0914#comments

This --- man every news station in Nola did a story on it haha... Don't get me wrong, I'd eat it and probably love it.... But use of the word po boy had the natives angry

Edited by NoSaint

I remember having jreck subs in college at Oswego. Sucked! But when you have no $, ya gotta eat cheap.

Larry's Giant Subs. A chain shop, and not located in WNY.

BUT:

http://www.fooddrink-magazine.com/index.php/articles/restaurants/617-larrys-giant-subs

... the two brothers longed for the hearty, robust subs they were accustomed to in their hometown of Buffalo, N.Y.

and they still have ties to WNY:

http://www.larryssubs.com/about-us.html

Our award winning bread comes straight from Costanzo’s bakery, right in the heart of Buffalo, New York.

WaWa has great subs/hoagies . . .