Bills called out on All In w/ Chris Hayes

cage

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the video he tries to get around that fact. Something about how the judge didn't see it that way.

Guilt by association. Shame on the Bills for not being more active in the Jills affairs. Anything someone does on your behalf gets linked to you anyway even if you had almost nothing to do with it.

Guilt by association. Shame on the Bills for not being more active in the Jills affairs. Anything someone does on your behalf gets linked to you anyway even if you had almost nothing to do with it.

Meh, I'm not overly concerned about it. Should they have gotten paid at least minimum wage? Yes. Are the Bills at fault, I don't know, I don't have all the facts. I'll let the court system handle it. We'll see what comes of it.

This scandal and the current criticism of the NFL (and its players) for not respecting the rights of women seems like it will give the league more of a reason to do away with cheerleaders altogether (or radically modify how the current system works). Ideologically, the latter issue (objectifying women on the field and not respecting them as you would "normal" employees) and the former issue (not viewing women as human beings off the field) line up with and reinforce one another

Quick edit: completely agree that there is no new info and this is lazy journalism. Also, the sharks are still circling.

Edited by fallen627

The factual inaccuracies started with a photo of the OL at the LOS from about 3 or 4 years ago and I turned it off when he said "The Bills paid them less than minimum wage" when, as we all know, they worked for a company that contracted with the team.

Meh.

Volunteer position with some perks and occasional pay that the team outsourced. But hey, let's pile on the NFL with more faux outrage. Gotta strike while the iron is hot.

Plus they get to try and get one of the football players to get them pregnant and get child support for 18 years out of him...

Can someone explain to me how someone accepts a job based on certain conditions, and the sues because of those conditions? Were they held against their will? Gun to their head?

Employees should have some recourse if the employer is not following the law.

That said, these girls know what they were getting into, and deemed it worth it. I won't do them the injustice of assuming they were idiots for working for $2000 a year. They clearly have/had aspirations of what will come from being an NFL Cheerleader beyond the $6,720 a year minimum wage would have gotten them (20 hours/42 weeks a year at $8).

Edit: Someone should ask them what would be more worth it - Working at McDonalds for $7,000 a year or being an NFL Cheerleader for $2,000 a year. What does it mean when they pick NFL Cheerleader for $2,000?

Edited by What a Tuel